“Hidden Gem”

Cross street: Mallory Lane
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just visited Angelo's for the first time. If you're not careful, you won't see it. Don't be fooled by the outside. It has a cozy, welcoming atmosphere, perfect for a quiet dinner. The service was attentive and friendly. Lisa was so knowledgeable about the wine and actually listened to what we were saying in order to help us choose a wine that was what we wanted. She also really knew the menu and was able to describe the offerings and answer questions. The food was perfection. My husband had veal and it was tender with the right mix of sauce and cheese. I had shrimp and grits and they were some of the best I've ever had. The flavors didn't overshadow the sweetness of the shrimp. The fontina cheese grits were creamy. Save some of the bread, you will need it to sop up the left over juice. This was a meal you hummed over. We had an orange cake that was light and the perfect end to our meal. Will definitely visit again. Just wish it were closer to where we live.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Donna H

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Quaint restaurant”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hidden gem. Service was friendly and the atmosphere was suitable for a nice and quiet date. I had the Chicken Francese. I did like it but would have preferred it a little more creamer than watery. It had a great lemony flavor and though I did like this, I will try other entrees on the menu. My hubby and I went early in the evening before other patrons showed up and it was nice to have the restaurant to ourselves. I love the decor of one full brick wall and above us, the pulley fans. I will return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank natalieh2006
Brentwood
“Treasure tucked away, but not hidden completely!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you are looking for authentic Italian food at lunch or dinner with superb service and attention to details not frequently enjoyed in a small non-chain bistro- this is your place! Fresh cut ingredients in soups and salads, home made pastas and sandwiches that only Mama Mia would take the time to prepare for you. What a diamond in the rough this place is. The chef comes out to meet each patron dining and the service is outstanding. Give this place a try. Don't let the white table cloth lunch intimidate you with respect to price- its affordable and friendly. I'm going to be a regular because I am tired of chain restaurants where the servers are teenagers that have no idea what is on the menu or fast food joints with zero service and unhealthy food.

• Visited June 2013