“Better than average”

Ranked #1 of 11 Coffee & Tea in Franklin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Four of us stopped in on a Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed the cappuccinos and Monkey Mocha on a Saturday afternoon. Fun atmosphere. Great alternative to the coffee chain nearby.

There are newer reviews for Frothy Monkey Coffeehouse

Reviewed August 15, 2014

There's a turkey avocado sandwich on the menu that is delicious. Best sandwich I've ever had. Also, if they have creamy veggie soup, get it! Everything is made fresh, from organic ingredients. Oh, and the coffee's great too!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our party of four stopped in for a mid afternoon coffee and were not disappointed. The Cappuccinos and the Frothy Monkey Mocha were all beautifully served and tasty...much better option than the chain coffee around the corner. We did not eat, but their menu looked great for a coffee shop and the food we saw looked appetizing.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The coffee is good but a $4 cookie? The kids are everywhere, so it is obviously about being there, versus experiencing any value. The Young people that wait on you don't seem to enjoy what they do, so get your coffee at Starbucks!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We've been to The Frothy, as we like to call it, many times. I've been relatively pleased with the food here. The humus and veggie plate is very good and their sandwiches are pretty good with their homemade salsa being unbeatable.

I've tried the coffee. Since I'm a fan of Nespresso, this coffee, among all other restaurant coffees in this area, is only so-so. I've quit spending the extra for it.

The place, well, isn't clean. The tables are, inside, that is, and if you don't mind the occasional toe jam sitings, since most patrons wear sandals, then you'll enjoy the, erm, comfortable atmosphere. While we were sitting outside one evening, I noticed a very large bug, spider?, near the ceiling. I was certain this creepy, crawly creature would pull up a chair and join us for dinner. Luckily, it didn't.

I've been to the original Frothy on 12 Ave. too. The music was so loud there, in the morning, mind you, that we couldn't hear ourselves talk. If I must be dragged to one of these establishments, I'd rather it be the one in Franklin.