“Love the beer!”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Granite City Food & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 383 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Granite City Food & Brewery(R), a casual dining restaurant with an on-site brewery. Our initial restaurant commenced operations in St. Cloud, Minnesota, in June 1999. Our second restaurant, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, commenced operations in December 2000, and our third restaurant opened to the public November 20, 2001 in Fargo, North Dakota. We now have 26 stores operating in 11 different states. At Granite City Food & Brewery(R), we serve signature beers, including Duke of Wellington (an English ale) and Broad Axe Stout (an authentic Irish beer), and entrees such as London broil. We offer a broad menu of items that are prepared fresh daily and are served in generous portions at reasonable prices. Our handcrafted beers are moderately priced and offer unique styles and flavors not typically produced by major breweries. Our founders, Mr. Wagenheim and Mr. Burdick, have over 52 years of combined hospitality industry experience. Mr. Wagenheim's experience includes that of corporate executive, owner/operator, manager and consultant for hotels, resorts, and individual and multi-unit restaurant operations. Mr. Burdick, a brewing chemist, has over 30 years experience in the restaurant, hospitality and brewing industry in both corporate and private positions. Fermentus Interruptus™Shortly before we opened our third store, we launched our patented brewing process, Fermentus Interruptus™, which makes micro brewing for multiple locations more efficient. This process, conceived and designed by Mr. Burdick, allows us to ship sweet liquid called wort, from our central brewing facility to individual stores. When this liquid reaches the stores, we begin the fermentation process and complete the brewing. We use Fermentus Interruptus at all of our Granite City Food & Brewery(R) locations.
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The selection and quality of handcrafted beer was fantastic. The server was not very helpful in selecting a beer so we decided on the sampler which was the right decision. I highly recommend starting with the beer sampler (eight beers) and then deciding on your favorite. Trust me. There is a beer for you!

The food was good and served in huge portions. We all had sandwiches and really enjoyed the uniqueness of each one. The price is what I would expect for the atmosphere, service and quality.

I will definitely be making a trip back to Granite City!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

While convenient for hotel guests, there is no reason to partake of this experience. We stopped on the way back from airport only because we couldn't find a parking spot near the Pharmacy in Nashville. Mediocre food and their "craft" beer is enough to put you on a 12 step program. No doubt a great concept on paper, some how it didn't get pulled off past the facility and location. Staff was courteous, friendly and well trained in the craft beer lingo, but the food and drink fell short which, for an eatery, is the point isn't it? Once was enough.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We travel to Nashville on business several times a year and Granite City has become our go-to destination courtesy of the rep we deal with for business. We've never had a bad meal here and the service is always excellent. My husband orders the Reuben every time while I usually give their soup of the day a try. I love the decor and how quickly they handle a lunch crowd. I'd go there again anytime I have the chance.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very trendy place. Not what i woould expect connected to a hotel. 75 dollars for a family of four. Very popular and noisy but we enjoyed it. Service a little slow but possibly due to the large crowd.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I ate at Granite City while I stayed at The Drury Plaza Hotel. I ordered a flat bread, it was the Maple Pepper Bacon and Tomato flatbread, I enjoyed it very much. If you don't want to leave your hotel and get a quick bite, then this is your place. Very tasty.

1  Thank Loveroflife2014