“Had such high hopes”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Ranked #13 of 369 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Granite City Food & Brewery(R), a casual dining restaurant with an on-site brewery. Our initial restaurant commenced operations in St. Cloud, Minnesota, in June 1999. Our second restaurant, located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, commenced operations in December 2000, and our third restaurant opened to the public November 20, 2001 in Fargo, North Dakota. We now have 26 stores operating in 11 different states. At Granite City Food & Brewery(R), we serve signature beers, including Duke of Wellington (an English ale) and Broad Axe Stout (an authentic Irish beer), and entrees such as London broil. We offer a broad menu of items that are prepared fresh daily and are served in generous portions at reasonable prices. Our handcrafted beers are moderately priced and offer unique styles and flavors not typically produced by major breweries. Our founders, Mr. Wagenheim and Mr. Burdick, have over 52 years of combined hospitality industry experience. Mr. Wagenheim's experience includes that of corporate executive, owner/operator, manager and consultant for hotels, resorts, and individual and multi-unit restaurant operations. Mr. Burdick, a brewing chemist, has over 30 years experience in the restaurant, hospitality and brewing industry in both corporate and private positions. Fermentus Interruptus™Shortly before we opened our third store, we launched our patented brewing process, Fermentus Interruptus™, which makes micro brewing for multiple locations more efficient. This process, conceived and designed by Mr. Burdick, allows us to ship sweet liquid called wort, from our central brewing facility to individual stores. When this liquid reaches the stores, we begin the fermentation process and complete the brewing. We use Fermentus Interruptus at all of our Granite City Food & Brewery(R) locations.
“Had such high hopes”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Let me start by saying that we've wanted to try this ever since it opened...it's been so crowded we never wanted to wait 45 minutes for a table. Went to lunch early and was impressed by the ambiance, decor and style of the restaurant, but that's where it ends. Our server was pleasant, but not very bright and confused our tickets (three - one with beverage, two without). The food was below mediocre, not at all what our table expected. It's sad when you leave a restaurant hungry and disappointed. The bar menu was very extensive...perhaps it's a great place to have a cocktail.

1 Thank 1968foodies

Franklin, Tennessee
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've been hearing mixed reviews (food & service) for weeks, and have been hesitant to try this place because I consistently heard "pricey". My husband and I decided to take the plunge last night. Fabulous service. Excellent food. I got the Bbq Pork Chops with mashers and slaw. Yes, it was $14, but it was a HUGE portion, and I am all about portions. Those mashed potatoes were lumpy (in the best kind of way) and fabulously flavored. The Adult Mac n Cheese my husband had was fabulous. I pretty much ate half of his. Our friends had the Chicken Marcela and Mediter. Chicken. Portions plentiful. If you have read any of my other reviews, you'll note that I am not easily impressed. I am impressed! Every dish that passed us by looked plentiful and good, and smelled terrific!
If you go, make it before 6p on the weekends. They do not take reservations Fri and Sat. The place is jam-packed and a long wait otherwise. It looks like a big place, but once inside, the seating is not as plentiful as one would think. A lot of wasted space, and the setup in there seems almost awkward, but that is my only gripe. There is limited outdoor seating as well.
Our friends who didn't dine without us say the Asian Chicken Salad, Bleu Cheese Burger, and the Chicken Salad Sand (only available at lunchtime) are fab. Yelp and other Trip Advisor reviews can validate this claim.

10 Thank Ann D
Cape Canaveral, Florida
“Room service to the Drury Inn”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Only part of the menu is available for delivery and the menu in the room doesn`t list desserts. Adult Mac and cheese includes grilled chicken chunks and is a bit spicy. OK, but nothing special

8 Thank QuiltNurse
Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice ambience, perhaps overrated”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Granite City is all the rage in Cool Springs TN right now. It certainly has a cool vibe, with all the warm wood and stone surroundings, the patio that opens out from the enormous bar, and the loud music. The menu is varied, but heavy on the sandwiches. Actually, my husband's reuben was much more tasty and impressive than my chicken linguini. I thought the flavors in the pasta were off balance and the sauce was thin and tasteless. My friend who shared my dish thought the same.
Go there for the energy but stick with the sandwiches and simpler fare.

Chicago
“Always great food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved our waiter! Had the guts to sit down at our booth with us, shared a lot about the different brews

love the environment and food of Granite City's and this one was no exception!

Visited April 2013