“Nothing Special. Stick with take-out chinese instead.”

Pei Wei Asian Diner
Ranked #274 of 370 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nothing Special. Stick with take-out chinese instead.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Food promised to be like PF Changs (of which I am a fan). Pan-Asian style, lots of entree and meat choices. Taste wasn't great; the sauce on my food was so thick it was like jelly. Expensive. Stick with your local take-out chinese instead.

• Visited March 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Found a way around the poor reviews.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The earlier reviews all hammer service issues, and we discovered the way around those, which we've experienced as well. Take out. The food is very tasty and fills that huge gap between cheap, MSG-filled Chinese take-out, and PF Chang's. The food is delicious, and MSG-free, a requirement for us.

Take out, and grab some frozen yogurt at the shop a few doors away for dessert. Nice.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first Pei Wei experience, so I can't speak on behalf of other locations, but I got food poisoning from the shrimp I had at this location. I was derailed for almost 4-days. I will never eat here again. Please be cautious!

• Visited February 2013
Nashville
“New location- clueless. Stay away.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a new location. I am a fan of PF Changs as well as Pei Wei that said, this location is clueless. The portions were undersized, the food cold, and the staff discourteous. Need I say more.

Cookeville, Tennessee
“This location not recommended”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I generally love the Pei Wei Diners so I had positive expectations walking in to the Franklin location. What a disappointment! We were made to wait for an extended period of time to order based on management instruction, not a long line. My hot and sour soup was brought to the table after several minutes luke warm but it was almost 10 minutes later that the Won-ton soup arrived for my husband. Both entrees were brought in the same very staggered manner. The brown rice on my husband’s dish was not thoroughly cooked but it took so long to receive the meal we did not try to have it corrected. I asked for the empty tea station to be refilled. It was not replenished in the time we were in the restaurant. After the slew of miss-steps we do not recommend this location.

• Visited December 2012