“Good simple Italian food”
Review of Porta Via - CLOSED

Porta Via
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My Mom and I had lunch at the new Franklin location last month and shared a soup, salad and pasta dish. All were well prepared, and tasty. Portions were plentiful without being too large, which many restaurants are guilty of oversizing these days. Not the case here.

I followed lunch with a cappucino which was delicious. The service was excellent, with few diners in the room.

The only downside is sit away from the door. Everytime someone came in or out there was a blast of cold air. They need to build some sort of clear plastic entry way so diners arent subject to the outdoor chill in winter. Other than that, we enjoyed it very much and parking is close enough to the door for my mom who requires a walker.

The restaurant is in a building that is set up high and you actually get a pretty view of the rolling hills that surround the area, which should be very pretty on the patio in warm weather months. I will go back on my next trip and try their more of their menu.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been to the one in Nashville and the one in Franklin twice.. I will not be going back. I am an Italian citizen who lives in our home part time in Italy.. Also, i am from the Northeast for 45 years and have a very discerning pallet when it comes to good Italian food or Pizza.. The pastas are just terrible and not freshly made. The actual Olive Oil is like water and of low quality. I told the customer next to me to not try the pasta because I have had it and its not good.. He proceeded to order and within two bites returned it because it was that terrible.. I told him always go with Pizza because it is very tough to mess up.. The pizza is adequate but not that great..The sauce is not full.. The service was ok this time but i have had terrible service on other visits and the hostess was also not that accommodating.. If you must go to Porta Via then go for the Gelato.. it is very good and you can grab it to go..(A little pricey for Gelato but worth it because good gelato is tough to find.) Overall if you want Italian..good Italian then go to Nashville..

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've been to Porta Via several times and have not been disappointed. The pizza is authentic for those looking to taste true Italian and relive a past holiday maybe. The gnocchi, my kids favorite all-around, was great in both the red and white sauce version. This time I had the prosciutto appetizer which was ok. I was eager to have uncooked prosciutto and should have asked about it. The rosemary flat bread and olive oil that is set on your table early is wonderful and I find myself having to stop eating that so I'm still hungry for my meal. We'll be back.