“Wonderful food/location”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On my first trip to Franklin, we chose this restaurant on a whim so had no expectations. The food was excellent and service was good. The wait for our meals was a bit long, but not too bad. The salads before the entrees were very good also. I wish I had room left over to try dessert - maybe next trip!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you are in the mood for Italian then Zolo's is your spot in Franklin, TN. Service was excellent, food was wonderful, I had the stuff crab ravioli and don't forget to order bread smothered with parmesan.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm not sure how an Italian restaurant survives without knowing how to serve well-prepared pasta. Al dente is not that hard. I swear some of their sauces come out of a can. All this is very overpriced, too. Too bad because they have a great location.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were the only ones there. The decor could use some major updates, but that wasn't why I gave it a low review. I was facing the kitchen...it's always "risky" having an open view kitchen. They have a very large microwave in clear view. Never a good sign in my book. The cook places a white sauce type in the microwave, and then places something that I'm very certain was my husband's broccoli in the microwave for 3:50. The garlic cheese bread was very good! I wish that is all we had. My lasagna was okay, but not worth $17 (or 1/2 price because we were there before 6)! My husband's broccoli pasta dish (the name escapes me) was not very good at all. The broccoli was soggy and extremely hot. I purposefully did not tell him I saw it go in the microwave, but asked him to tell me what it tasted like. He said it was soggy and super heated like it came from the microwave (keep in mind he couldn't see the microwave because his back was to it). I said I'm pretty sure it was nuked for 3:50. On the bright side the ricotta sauce was tasty, but again the dish was not worth $17! The cook was kind of funny. He said loud enough for me to hear from where I was sitting that make sure you tell them we don't microwave anything. I knew that wasn't true because I saw it, but even if I didn't I would have thought stuff was microwaved because they have such a large one in plain view!
We won't be going back there, but we hope that they turn things around and make it. Maybe our experience was terrible because we were the only people in there, but when we drove by later that evening there were several people in there.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife had spaghetti with meat sauce, and I had tortelle. The sauces were identical, which might be OK, but they were heavy--overwhelming. My dish came with Provolone, and you could see the three slices placed on the top and barely melted through. Lazy cooking. The fried-artichoke appetizer wasn't appetizing at all: We couldn't taste the artichoke. Thank goodness the pesto sauce had some flavor. I had to wait too long with an empty wine glass. The server was pleasant but not quite with it. Perhaps she was new. My wife's dish supposedly came with a salad, but we had to prompt the server to get it. Bread came late and was insipid. Atmosphere is OK--crowded tables but not horribly noisy. (Only one customer was wearing a hat at the table--my pet peeve, which the restaurant has no control over--and it was a flat cap, but his four-year-old son also was wearing one, so the future of boorishness is alive.) Speaking of boorishness, Chef Ramsay could probably whip this place into shape.

3  Thank Robin M