“Great Location”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Columbus, Mississippi
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Stayed in the king suite with the pull out sofa bed. I took the sofa bed only to find out when it was time for bed that there were dirty sheets & covers still on there. I called down to the front desk and they "comped" our 1st night due to this fact.
The walls are way to "thin" you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on in the next room.
Overall, the place was super nice with great views. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will stay again if ever in the area.

1 Thank Becky B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Brownsburg, Indiana
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our family stopped at the Drury in Franklin, TN during a road trip from Indiana to Florida. We were very pleased with our choice. The hotel was very clean and well kept. The restaurant attached to the hotel looked to be very nice, though we did not get a chance to eat there. The hotel provides free soft drinks and fresh popcorn to guests until 10pm (I think). Our room was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was very nice, and provided much more than most standard hotel breakfasts. We have already decided we would stay there again on our next trip. Highly recommend.

NorthCentral Indiana
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The new (2012) Drury at Franklin TN right along I65 is an excellent facility to stay over night or even longer times. It is well appointed (much like all Hamptons) and has a good restaurant (Granite City) attached to it. It is not the most expensive of furnishings but very adequate to keep their costs down. If you are north or south bound on I65 and Franklin TN is near an over night stay I would stop here again. They handled a very large spring break crowd with ease even huge number of people at breakfast did not bother them - kept plenty of good food available. It was obvious they were used to very large crowds.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for discounts.
1 Thank NorthCentral_Indiana
Alabama, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had the opprtunity to stay at the Drury Plaza for one night on March 29, 2013. Absolutely wonderful. The most comfortable King size bed in the hotel industry. Staff personnel are top notch and go the extra mile to satisfy the hotel guests. Highly recommend this Drury for your traveling comfort.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable.
1 Thank Mindlemeyer H
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Amazing place to stay. We stopped over on road trip from Ohio to Fla. They have a friendly staff and the beds are amazing. The place was packed with springbreakers, but staff handled it nicely. Will book again on next trip to Nashville area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ty W
south carolina
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our priorities at a hotel are: comfortable bed; quiet and clean room; healthy and tasty included breakfast; welcoming and helpful staff. We rated the Franklin Drury a ten on all counts. But, what put it over the top for us, was an enlightened pet policy so we could have our beloved dog with us at no extra charge. However Drury is sensitive to those misguided souls who don't like pets as there are some common sense pet rules, such as not being allowed in public spaces. But wait, that's not all. Even better were the free drinks and munchies in the evening and a varied breakfast selection including pancakes literally hot off the griddle set up in the breakfast room. So much for that healthy breakfast. All this at a decent price that is important for us retirees who travel extensively. If I had to find something negative to say, I guess it would be the very sleek and modern granite/marble lobby. We found it a bit cold and unwelcoming and the noises echoed off all the hard surfaces.

We were also very impressed that the hotel manager took the time on a Sunday morning to walk through the breakfast room and greet the guests. I've never seen that in a mid priced hotel. We told him we would abandon Marriott if Drury would build some hotels along the I-95 route that we frequently travel.

Room Tip: We weren't prepared for it, but bring your swimsuit. The pool is half indoors and half outdoors...
1 Thank palmland
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is new, clean and well done. The room we stayed in was spacious and immaculately clean. The tile was polished and spot free. I can not make a single negative comment about the hotel or the room.

Free long distance (even to Canada and Mexico) in a hotel! Are you kidding? Awesome–and every hotel should follow suit!

Free parking–nice!

My big complaint.
The food was not good. We arrived shortly before the buffet began and they had free popcorn and sodas in the lobby. It smelled wonderful. I got a bag of popcorn. My first thought after eating a few bites was "How do you mess popcorn up this bad?" No flavor and dry. Oh well, I mean it was just popcorn. The food line opened up a short time later. The line was long, but moved along fairly quickly. It was inexpensive buffet food. Cold, with no flavor. Free, yes, and I am glad.

Each adult receives three drink tickets (for alcoholic beverages) with each room. After pushing back most of my food and depositing it in the nearest receptacle, I made my way to get the first of my free drinks. They offer beer (Bud Light only) a couple of different wines and a small number of mixed drink options. They are served in tiny plastic cups. The beer cup looked like an 8oz cup. Filled to a comfortable carrying level, it is more like 6-7oz, or about half a beer. The wine was filled to about the amount you get at a wine tasting-about a half portion. My wife got a gin and tonic and while small like the others, was fine.

We went to the restaurant next door (Granite City). It is literally attached to the building with access from the dining area of the hotel. It was wonderful. I don't know if the businesses are owned by the same people or of they just share a common wall, but I imagine the poor food quality of the free buffet funnels a lot of business through that side door.

The free breakfast the next morning was about he same quality. I did not expect gourmet food on a hotel breakfast buffet, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express just last week that had good quality, hot food on the buffet. The eggs tasted like eggs, not generic yellow protein something…
My wife dumped the coffee out. It was not good.
They did have a big selection of food. They had several waffle-making stations as well as fresh pancakes on a griddle. You could probably find something you liked. The breakfast was not as bad as the evening meal, but if I stayed there again, I would not bother to go down for it. I would go outside the hotel.

That is another point. This hotel is located right in Cool Springs. Almost anything you want–food wise– is just a minute or two away.

Overall, I would highly recommend the hotel. It is a great value. However, don't count on the food or the drinks in the hotel to add much value though… Slip through the side door for a great selection of beverages and terrific food.

I would be OK if they raised the price $10-20 per room and upgraded to quality of the food accordingly. It would make a good experience a great experience!

3 Thank Nicemac