“Fantastic Hotel”

Drury Plaza Hotel Nashville Franklin
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Amazing place to stay. We stopped over on road trip from Ohio to Fla. They have a friendly staff and the beds are amazing. The place was packed with springbreakers, but staff handled it nicely. Will book again on next trip to Nashville area.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ty W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our priorities at a hotel are: comfortable bed; quiet and clean room; healthy and tasty included breakfast; welcoming and helpful staff. We rated the Franklin Drury a ten on all counts. But, what put it over the top for us, was an enlightened pet policy so we could have our beloved dog with us at no extra charge. However Drury is sensitive to those misguided souls who don't like pets as there are some common sense pet rules, such as not being allowed in public spaces. But wait, that's not all. Even better were the free drinks and munchies in the evening and a varied breakfast selection including pancakes literally hot off the griddle set up in the breakfast room. So much for that healthy breakfast. All this at a decent price that is important for us retirees who travel extensively. If I had to find something negative to say, I guess it would be the very sleek and modern granite/marble lobby. We found it a bit cold and unwelcoming and the noises echoed off all the hard surfaces.

We were also very impressed that the hotel manager took the time on a Sunday morning to walk through the breakfast room and greet the guests. I've never seen that in a mid priced hotel. We told him we would abandon Marriott if Drury would build some hotels along the I-95 route that we frequently travel.

Room Tip: We weren't prepared for it, but bring your swimsuit. The pool is half indoors and half outdoors...
1  Thank palmland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is new, clean and well done. The room we stayed in was spacious and immaculately clean. The tile was polished and spot free. I can not make a single negative comment about the hotel or the room.

Free long distance (even to Canada and Mexico) in a hotel! Are you kidding? Awesome–and every hotel should follow suit!

Free parking–nice!

My big complaint.
The food was not good. We arrived shortly before the buffet began and they had free popcorn and sodas in the lobby. It smelled wonderful. I got a bag of popcorn. My first thought after eating a few bites was "How do you mess popcorn up this bad?" No flavor and dry. Oh well, I mean it was just popcorn. The food line opened up a short time later. The line was long, but moved along fairly quickly. It was inexpensive buffet food. Cold, with no flavor. Free, yes, and I am glad.

Each adult receives three drink tickets (for alcoholic beverages) with each room. After pushing back most of my food and depositing it in the nearest receptacle, I made my way to get the first of my free drinks. They offer beer (Bud Light only) a couple of different wines and a small number of mixed drink options. They are served in tiny plastic cups. The beer cup looked like an 8oz cup. Filled to a comfortable carrying level, it is more like 6-7oz, or about half a beer. The wine was filled to about the amount you get at a wine tasting-about a half portion. My wife got a gin and tonic and while small like the others, was fine.

We went to the restaurant next door (Granite City). It is literally attached to the building with access from the dining area of the hotel. It was wonderful. I don't know if the businesses are owned by the same people or of they just share a common wall, but I imagine the poor food quality of the free buffet funnels a lot of business through that side door.

The free breakfast the next morning was about he same quality. I did not expect gourmet food on a hotel breakfast buffet, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn express just last week that had good quality, hot food on the buffet. The eggs tasted like eggs, not generic yellow protein something…
My wife dumped the coffee out. It was not good.
They did have a big selection of food. They had several waffle-making stations as well as fresh pancakes on a griddle. You could probably find something you liked. The breakfast was not as bad as the evening meal, but if I stayed there again, I would not bother to go down for it. I would go outside the hotel.

That is another point. This hotel is located right in Cool Springs. Almost anything you want–food wise– is just a minute or two away.

Overall, I would highly recommend the hotel. It is a great value. However, don't count on the food or the drinks in the hotel to add much value though… Slip through the side door for a great selection of beverages and terrific food.

I would be OK if they raised the price $10-20 per room and upgraded to quality of the food accordingly. It would make a good experience a great experience!

3  Thank Nicemac
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was our first stay at a Drury Plaza and we stayed twice, on our way to and also from, Alabama. The hotel is only seven months old and is clean and modern. Located on the top of a hill, the view from the rooms is spectacular.

Of course there is a free breakfast, but did you know there is a free dinner also? From 5:30 to 7:00 they serve what they call a light dinner, but when we were there we had rigatoni, meatballs, baked potatoes, rolls, hot dogs, salad, chips and dip. We also received up to 3 free drinks.

Aren't we all looking for a good deal? This hotel is comparable in price to a Hampton, which is where we usually stay, but you have free dinner.

It is not only a beautiful hotel, it's a good value, and the employees are exceptional at making you feel at home. (A special "good job" to Ben, an assistant manager, who walked around, chatting with the guests and making sure they were enjoying themselves.)

Only drawback - there aren't enough of the Drury Hotels!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here. Good bed, great views.
2  Thank bthomas28
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel looks very new. It is perfect for families. They have food at night and a warm breakfast. The rooms are pretty big. The pool is nice. The only negative was that it is big and was a little busy because there were bus tour groups staying.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Winkie5
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recent stay in this new hotel was pleasant, very clean, comfortable bed, bathroom was roomy with plenty of towels shower gel/shampoo/conditioner dispenser. There are small "lights" glowing from the thermostat, clock and TV that are very, very bright and I ended up putting a bandage over the thermostat and laying the clock on its sideNice view from ninth floor. There was no fridge in our room though I saw when passing down the hall that they were available in other rooms. For the price paid which was $150, having a fridge for water and meds would have been nice, instead had to fill ice bucket to keep meds cool. I should have asked when booking the room about fridge availability. Having stayed in almost all of the surrounding hotels, most do offer a small fridge in their rooms. Free drinks and snacks available late afternoon which is nice. The breakfast buffet offered had a good selection though scrambled eggs and gravy were both cold. The coffee was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge. Take something to cover the "lights".
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MMD1955
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently stayed for a night here whilst travelling through Tennessee. The hotel is new so in perfect condition, the Lobby and reception look more 5 star than 3. The room I had on the 9th floor was fantastic, great size and extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable and bathroom was great. I had a great view from the window and it was nice just to watch the world go by outside.
The 5.30 Kickback consists of pasta, hot dogs, baked potatoes etc which is brilliant value. I didn't really use it but instead went to Wholefoods across the street. Breakfast was great too, someone making pancakes as well as your usual bits and pieces.
Franklin itself is really nice, very pretty and worth a visit- oh and you are only a stones throw away from Nashville!
Overall, a great stay, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo