Review Highlights
Wonderful Art - Great Host

Gallery 202 was a fabulous find. We toured Franklin with an eye to retiring there and wanted to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
BowlTurner2019
History (really is) Embracing Art!

I had 2 different residents of Franklin highly recommend Gallery 202 to me. My visit was the... read more

Reviewed December 15, 2018
DebB556
Santa Fe, New Mexico
via mobile

All reviews great art art scene antique furniture nashville area historic house field hospital downtown franklin civil war harwood kelly sculptures jewelry mediums embracing collector history visitors
Reviewed May 29, 2017

We visited this gem of an art gallery during a walk through Franklin. We had originally intended to visit the antiques area but, as a painter, I gravitated to the gallery and quite simply just stayed and enjoyed the art. The owner/curator of the gallery met us at the door offering water. The featured artist, during our visit, was Michael Hooper who is a charming and whimsical folk-style painter that had we not been travelling we would have considered purchasing. We fell in love with the work of a local encaustic artist and as with small local galleries were much tempted by the jewelry - each a piece of art. We met and enjoyed speaking withe artist in residence who lives during the winter in Hawaii and enjoys Tennessee in summer. It is always fun to talk with a working artist and I think he would easily engage children in a conversation about making art. We travel to Nashville every year and Gallery 202 will now become a much anticipated destination.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Brenda K
gallery202, Owner at Gallery 202, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

It was such a pleasure meeting you and so very happy you enjoyed visiting the gallery. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Best to you!
Kelly

Reviewed February 13, 2017

I decided to provide this review because I like this place so much. It is uniquely quaint in the layout' very simple decor in rooms that flow together on the first floor, and 3-4 separate rooms on the 2nd floor around a landing. My wife and I have been in a number of times, and always find it a delight to see what is new. There is a mix of different art items, mainly of a neo or nuveau style, if I have to say (although I am NOT an art critic). A lot of the pieces are very creative, often with a combination of nature symbols or objects integrated in. It depends on who the artists are, and the good thing is they change over time. Beyond the "art" there are usually fabulous pices of wood-work, like bowls and other objects. In addition to all of this, there are superb pieces of furniture which are integrated into the galleries, often with other art sitting on them. The owner (whose name escapes me...) is the nicest, friendliest person, who is glad to help in whatever way he can. We purchased a beautiful dresser one time, and he was willing to trave back to our home to help unload the item (which was too heavy for my wife to lift). We found a neighbor to help so we did not need his help. But he knows a tremendous amount about antiques and finds most of the furniture himself at estate auctions in TN and neighboring states. It is a very pleasant diversion to stop in this gallery for a few minutes and just wander around seeing what is on display. I would highly receommend stopping in to see what the experience is like!

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Clydedane
gallery202, Manager at Gallery 202, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2017

What a wonderful review! We wanted to thank you so very much for writing such a great
personal description of the gallery. It means a great deal to us that we can offer the diversity of art and antiques that folks like yourself enjoys. We feel very fortunate being here, which allows us to meet wonderful people.
Thank you and look forward seeing you again soon.
Best!
jim

Reviewed October 30, 2016

We were visiting from Las Vegas and Kelly the artist was so inviting and told us the history of the home plus the art work was amazing. Highly recommend visiting this unique place when in Franklin!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank jschkofamily
gallery202, Owner at Gallery 202, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Thanks so very much for your nice recommendation and hope you get to
visit us again.

Reviewed October 25, 2016

We were able to go inside as part of our "Franklin on Foot" tour. The variety and quality of the art in this gallery is amazing! A number of artists and art mediums are represented. If we weren't on a time schedule...I'm sure we would have "lingered" for a LONG time! The old, historic home still retains architectural features of it's Civil War era. Make sure, if you go, that you look for the canonball "scorch" in the front hallway and the blood stains (this home was used as a field hospital during the war) on the floor in one of the front rooms by the window.

Date of experience: October 2016
gallery202, Owner at Gallery 202, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Happy that you enjoyed visiting the gallery while on
the tour and do visit us again if your in the area.

Reviewed October 1, 2016

we have been at the gallery on our last trip to nashville and every trip we make we stop in to see the new art and jewerly .
we always end up with very special items...

its one of the best places in franklin....
the owner and mgr are as special as the art.....

Date of experience: September 2016
gallery202, Owner at Gallery 202, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

We appreciate that you make us one of your stops while visiting Nashville/Franklin and thanks so very much for the wonderful comment. Please do come see us again soon!