“I'm writing this because I read several...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Franklin
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I'm writing this because I read several negative reviews. I had to stay there because was traveling with others. Wouldn't otherwise based on reviews read. Would've been my loss. Excellent service. Very friendly employees. Quick to provide whatever needed. Room clean and neat. Eveything in good repair. Perfect location. Convenient to everything in Franklin. Quiet. What else do you want? Oh, breakfast was fine. A group of us were there for an event that started early, and the staff prepared the breakfast early for us because he knew we needed it early. Will definitely stay there again. Joan P. Birmingham, AL

• Stayed: October 2010

Reviewed September 8, 2010

We were in a king suite paid on the high end. My nose kept bleeding, did not know why while laying in bed I noticed some water staining on the valance looked up and there was black mold all around the ceiling above valance. I told the front desk did not do anything at the time. I guess nobody looks up. The rest of the room was no that clean trash under bed table sticky the view really sucked it was a view of the roof. Housekeepers could barely speak english I think most of the hotel business house illegal aliens.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Absolutely horrible. If we hadn't had disinfectant wipes in the car and our own pillows there is no way we would have stayed. Spent the first 20 minutes there cleaning, and am quite certain that was the best cleaning that room ever had. Bed was disgusting, stunk like nothing on it had ever been washed. Towels smelled dirty too. Never been so anxious to leave a place in my life. Traveler beware: not all La Quintas are created equal.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed in this hotel because of the location to an event we were attending. It was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had. We were on the first floor near the pool. All night we heard slamming doors. The walls were paper thin. The herd of elephants above us took hours before they went to bed. Housekeeping came walking in at 9:00 am and never came back to pick up the room. There weren't enough linens and what was there was stained and disgusting. The carpets were dirty. There was dirt on the bathroom floor.

And breakfast the first day was okay except for they kept running out of milk and it was hard to get anyone to fill it. On the second day, they started cleaning up breakfast 15 minutes before it was. The waffle machines were already off and what little was left was being taken away quickly.

The only good thing about this place? The water pressure in the shower was strong.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kychilehead
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We usually like La Quinta's for a quick retreat for a night, weekend, etc. The LQ in Franklin is not a typically good La Quinta. When we arrived late the first night, the room appeared clean, but upon going into the bathroom we found lots of dirt, hair, etc. on the floor which was never cleaned up during our whole 4 night stay. Any cleaning on the floor of the bathroom was whay I cleaned myself. The blanket on one of the beds was in shreads at the top. It was two full days before that was replaced even though we reported in the first morning we were there. There were 3 of us in the room and we never had enough linens. They only left two every day and we had to go to the front desk every day to ask for another washcloth and towel. We were very disappointed in this LQ because we have always been pleased with any LQ in which we have stayed. This one is in an excellent location and the indoor heated pool was great !! The breakfast bar was OK on the first morning, but seemed to go downhill after that. The coffee was either so weak it looked like colored water and/or it was very cold. The breakfast area was always messy around the coffee and food area. I have contacted LQ to advise them of the problems we encountered and hope to hear from them soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2009

I was a little worried about staying here after reading the reviews. However, I was very pleasantly surprised upon a rrival. The rooms we had were recently remodeled and everything was fresh and clean. We were on the third floor and had no problem whatsoever with noise. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was standard fare and included waffles, yogurt, bagels, muffins, etc. I was pleasantly surprised to find a microwave and refrigerator in the room. This motel is a great alternative to the higher-priced luxury hotels in the Franklin area. I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend it to co-workers. We did not have time to use theindoor pool but it appeared to be clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I usually have good luck with LQ hotels...not this time! So many things to mention but I will keep it brief...

1. Reservations were messed up
2. No hot water in shower - plumbing issue
3. Backed up toilets
4. Dead bugs in room

To end on a good note....staff did a good job at helping to alleviate a bad stay. They were very nice and friendly. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else until they can fix up this hotel.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family