“Great place to stay”

Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed January 13, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Due to heating issues, I decided to take the family for the night to a hotel and hopefully stay warm. In the past, I have stayed at many La Quinta Inns all over the country. This one here was the worst experience ever. When we first arrived the hotel had a grungy smell to it. The carpeting throughout the building was very outdated and in need of a deep cleaning. The front dest service was ok but she seemed unenthused to be working. The elevator reeked of smoke. When we went in the room, the beds were nicely made and the room seemed cleaned. No noticeable negatives. However, the bathroom was very small. The air vent was partially falling off the wall. I could slide my fingers behind it. A poor celing patch was very noticeable. Then to add to the disappointment, the pool was closed due to chemical issues. The desk had no answer as to when it would be fixed nor did they seem to care.
The only bright side to this facility was my kids really enjoyed the waffles for breakfast.
Would I stay here again....very unlikely.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was ok ... it was bearable. I know that a lot of people benefit from a dog-friendly hotel ... and that is good for them. However, for those of us not traveling with dogs it is certainly less desirable.

The breakfast was mediocre ... totally skipped it one of the days.

The elevator was painfully slow. Certainly faster to take stairs for the four floors.

Some of the trim and other hardware was a bit beat up.

The pool area was so very foggy that my wife was not comfortable letting our kids swim there. It was sort of creepy. Apparently it is not always like this.

It would not be our first choice, but we would stay again if the price was right. It was certainly very reasonable in price, but we would look for another option if there was one.

Often times there was no one at the front desk ... instead there was simply a sign saying "see us in the breakfast area if you need to check out." Seemed a bit unprofessional.

Room Tip: If I went again, I would probably ask to see my room first. Adjoining rooms were available and that...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher V
A TripAdvisor Member
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are animal lover like myself, you probably travel with your pets. This hotel is dog friendly and reasonably priced. Almost every room on my floor had a dog. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I truly had a wonderful experience, and I will go back because of this.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

On our annual trip to Florida we stayed at this hotel again because we has such good luck with our stay here last year. I don't know it they have new management or what has happened but the hotel is terrible. We checked in and were told by the front desk clerk, Destiny, that we could not have a rollaway. She was rude while she explained it was against the fire marshall code. I explained that we had one last year and we needed it again. She offered a room with a king bed. I explained that would not solve the problem as we were a party of 5. We went to our room on the fourth floor. We immediately noticed it was a smoking room as it smelled and there was an ashtray on the desk. I called the front desk and asked why we were in a smoking room. I was told the room wasn't a smoking room. Well why is there an ashtray in the room, I asked as well as smelling like smoke. We were then moved to the second floor. Smelled much better but the room was dirty. There was gross hair in the bathroom and peanut shells on the floor. No Kleenex in the Kleenex container and candy wrappers on the floor in the corner. There are many many hotels in the Nashville area. We will be staying elsewhere on our next trip.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank rtcollin
A TripAdvisor Member
The Villages, FL
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I, along with seven other family members (different name from mine) have visited Nashville/Brentwood around Christmas each year for the past five years +, and have stayed at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites in Franklin-Brentwood each of those visits. We have received excellent service each visit, and will continue to use this facility as our temporary headquarters in the coming years at Christmas (and other times, too). We have been most pleased with the manner in which we were treated on every visit. Thank you LaQuinta for making our stay a pleasureable one.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family