“Would not stay again.”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Would not stay again.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm very surprised that I had such a terrible experience at this hotel after reading some of the other reviews. I was traveling with my 3 children, without my husband. We have relatives in Franklin so we had met up earlier in the day - and when I checked in I also had two child cousins with me who were not staying with us but wanted to swim in the pool with my kids. When I was bringing in our stuff, the front desk person pulled me aside and said that I couldn't stay with that many children in the room. I told him I was aware of the room capacity and that two of the kids weren't staying and he was fine with that explanation, but I was taken aback by the confrontation in the first place.
The major problems I had with this hotel is a) the entire place stunk like a dog. I guess I wasn't aware when I booked the room that pets were allowed, but even so - the smell was bad, especially in the stairwells. Why was I using the stairwells? Because b) the maids were in the elevators with their carts EVERY time I wanted to use the elevator.
Also, there was little to no air conditioning in the lobby, elevator and hallways. I felt the lobby floor and the hallways were dirty. Our room bathroom was not the cleanest - there was hair on the floor. The tub took forever to drain, I was standing in water during my shower. Whenever I went to the front desk there was nobody there.
The pool area was nice, but other than that I was pretty much miserable the whole time. Would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kebdal23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cleveland, TN
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'm usually a Marriott guy, but their properties in Franklin are grossly overpriced. Booked La Quinta thirty minutes before arrival by internet---saving about $125. Checked in to a pleasant surprise. Nice enough room for an overnight business stay. Excellent mattress(firm, not hard) and a really good night's sleep. Clean facilities and efficient staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of I-65, some noise on the west side but not enough to keep me a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank axavol
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed for nights as a weekend escape to use the indoor pool, hot tub, and the convenience to local dining. Despite being absolutely full on ask for nights, the hotel was quite, and getting the rest I needed was no problem. The pool and Hot Tub was great, clean, and operating well!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

selmer
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we asked for a room with two queen beds, young man said they had some. we paid for room 414 when we got to the room it had full beds. we called front desk and were told they did not have any queen rooms in this motel. we were never offerd a refund so we decided to stay only then did we discover dirty clothes in top drawer of dresser. we were moved to room 412. still no queen beds. not what we thought we had paid for. would not stay here again.

Room Tip: look at the room before you pay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We've never had such a terrible experience. Pool was absolutely disgusting! Dirt caked on the sides and the water was filled with hair balls. The pool area was HOT. Unbearable to be in there. I've never seen a dirtier hotel. Looked like the floors had never been swept or scrubbed. No air in the halls or elevator. Beware!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Natew2327
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A supervisor and a maid were arguing in the hall right in front of guests, very unprofessional.... The maid had a terrible attitude and was very combative with her supervisor, she should be fired. Also the maids were sending carts up and down the elevators leaving just barely room for guests. I had to wait three times to go down to the first floor. Finally I used the stairs ,the elevators were so slow and filled with carts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family