“Not up to par, wouldnt stay again.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Franklin
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We took a family trip to Pigeon Forge (March 2012). We stayed at this hotel overnight on our way out. It was cheap but for obvious reasons.

Things were not up to snuff with what I consider any decent hotel (and I know, I travel a lot for work). We actually had Mold in the shower. The next morning my wife tried to flush the toilet and the handle fell off.

The staff was nice, ill give them that. However, they double billed my room to my check card! I was checking out with my father in law and they for some reason put his room on my card. Luckily it was family so he just cut me a check for the room. Had it not been I would likely have had to call La Quinta and fought for the money back.

This hotel is also a fairly long drive from I-40. You pass several hotels when headed south. If we head back again I will look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Too many hotels in the area to settle. If youre looking for a cheap room and a quick nights sleep y...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JeramieOK

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was our first stay at a La Quinta, and we chose it over 3 other hotels in the immediate area because they are pet friendly. We were moving and had to have somewhere to use as our 'home base' until our house opened up.

The location is just off I-65 off of Murfreesboro Rd in Franklin, a little confusing to get into the area but very accessible to the interstate. You're not into the Nashville traffic rush here, so if you're heading south on 65 this is a great location because you've got clear sailing from here south. Heading north is trickier because of the morning rush into Nashville, but the front desk staff helped us with the timing of that as well.

The room was pretty standard, clean and nice enough, but as I said this is a Pet Friendly hotel. If you don't like people with dogs walking through the lobby, on the elevators etc. there are 3 other hotels in a stones' throw from this one.

However, we are dog owners and are sensitive to those who aren't. We never heard any barking, noticed doggy smells, or any other pet related problems even though we knew there were other dogs staying there beside ours. The staff welcomed us and even took a picture of our boarder collie.

The price was good, having booked online and there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next to the hotel, and several other restaurants on Murfreesboro Rd. Steak & Shake, McDonalds, Shoneys, the Chop House, and of course the ubiquitous Waffle House, open 24 hrs a day. (You ARE in the south you know).

We recommend this place not only because of the pet friendly policy, but because the staff here was great to us in every instance.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the front, the rooms in the back overlook I-65 and so have traffic n...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WillinMKE
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was in town for a clinic at Cool Springs Marriott and am a loyal Marriott rewards member but didn't want to burn points and found a ridiculously inexpensive property. I've stayed at LQ back in the day when it was a Baymont Inn and stayed here every April for 6-7 years for a sporting event. It's surrounded by a host of other properties that i wouldn't recommend within walking distance including a Cracker Barrel. The LQ is always clean, comfortable, consistently clean, friendly and quiet every time i stay here. The exterior paint color is a bit harsh, the interior decor/theme/colors are a bit dated, but it's not my property so who cares. If you're looking for a clean, friendly, quiet, consistently inexpensive stay - you've found it.

Room Tip: 2nd floor King on Highway side is quiet; not noisy like i thought
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank J SCOTT S
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I have never stayed at this hotel before and I will say the rooms were clean and I like the fact that it was a dog friendly place. This is the first time we have taken our dog and to my surprise a lot of hotels let you bring your pet but also charge you more. LaQuinta did not charge more for our pet which was nice and also gave us a room close to the exit on the first floor so we did not have to go far to take our pet out. The pool was clean, breakfast was average.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tanna123
A TripAdvisor Member
Clarksville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before, have normally been satisfied, and usually the staff has been courteous. However, at the conclusion of my last stay something happened that really disturbed me.
One of the reasons that I often stay at La Quinta is because of the slightly late check-out time of 1200 instead of 1100 because of my health disability that often delays me and the fact that I usually have a lot of luggage.
At my last stay, however, I had been making several trips out to my car to pack luggage, and it was then slightly after 1200 when I made my final trip back to my room, a room which I left slightly open for reentry, with a luggage cart for my last final remaining luggage. On seeing me moving toward the elevator with the luggage cart, the desk clerk ACTUALLY IMPLIED A THREAT TO RE-DO MY CREDIT CARD JUST BECAUSE OF THOSE FEW MINUTES AFTER 1200, AND I FELT THAT THAT WAS HIGHLY DISCOURTEOUS ON THE DESK CLERK'S PART! -- AND FOR THAT MATTER THE HOTEL'S PART!

In fact the incident really upset me!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was a family trip, so we wanted kids' activities nearby, pet-friendly digs, and easy access to downtown Nashville. This hotel has an indoor pool, a (very small) fitness room, and staff who were not perturbed by our two dogs. We got everything we wanted in a hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DRCGeorgia_USA
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Positives:
Extremely friendly and helpful staff
Very accepting of dogs plus no pet fees
Good breakfast with sufficient choices and very clean dining area
Cracker Barrel Restaurant right next door
Easy and quick check-in and check-out
Plenty of parking spaces
Bed was clean and comfortable
Indoor pool looked nice

Negatives:
Room needed additional cleaning
Moved a chair and found a pill and quite a bit of dust under the chair
Bathtub was stained (although the shower curtain looked clean and new)
Trim in room needed repair
No refrigerator in room
Room faced highway which meant a lot of traffic noise

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family