“My Stay At The La Quinta in Franklin, TN”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Franklin
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
A TripAdvisor Member
Clarksville, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before, have normally been satisfied, and usually the staff has been courteous. However, at the conclusion of my last stay something happened that really disturbed me.
One of the reasons that I often stay at La Quinta is because of the slightly late check-out time of 1200 instead of 1100 because of my health disability that often delays me and the fact that I usually have a lot of luggage.
At my last stay, however, I had been making several trips out to my car to pack luggage, and it was then slightly after 1200 when I made my final trip back to my room, a room which I left slightly open for reentry, with a luggage cart for my last final remaining luggage. On seeing me moving toward the elevator with the luggage cart, the desk clerk ACTUALLY IMPLIED A THREAT TO RE-DO MY CREDIT CARD JUST BECAUSE OF THOSE FEW MINUTES AFTER 1200, AND I FELT THAT THAT WAS HIGHLY DISCOURTEOUS ON THE DESK CLERK'S PART! -- AND FOR THAT MATTER THE HOTEL'S PART!

In fact the incident really upset me!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was a family trip, so we wanted kids' activities nearby, pet-friendly digs, and easy access to downtown Nashville. This hotel has an indoor pool, a (very small) fitness room, and staff who were not perturbed by our two dogs. We got everything we wanted in a hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DRCGeorgia_USA
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Positives:
Extremely friendly and helpful staff
Very accepting of dogs plus no pet fees
Good breakfast with sufficient choices and very clean dining area
Cracker Barrel Restaurant right next door
Easy and quick check-in and check-out
Plenty of parking spaces
Bed was clean and comfortable
Indoor pool looked nice

Negatives:
Room needed additional cleaning
Moved a chair and found a pill and quite a bit of dust under the chair
Bathtub was stained (although the shower curtain looked clean and new)
Trim in room needed repair
No refrigerator in room
Room faced highway which meant a lot of traffic noise

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mac09
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I will stay here the next time I am in the area and will tell others about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank boydairman
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the LaQuinta . The receptionist was very friendly and accomodating (I asked to change to a ground floor room) . The room was nice and well furnished . I loved that it had 5 pillows, as I am a pillow freak. I only had two things that I would like to see changed, the tub in the bathroom needed a little more tlc, it was clean , but could be better. ,and the sink made an awful racket around 2 in the morning, but that may have been the next room. The walls were a little thin, as I could hear doors in the hallway, but we would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank april t
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We enjoyed our stay there on Nov. 20,2011. The bed was great. Everything was very clean and neat and it was very homey. The motel check-in lady was very competent and helpful.The only problem I could see was that the curtains did not block out all the light so the lights in the parking lot shined in our eyes when we were trying to go to sleep. The breakfast was good with waffles, cereal, boiled eggs, bagels, and yogurt.
Kay and Paul

Room Tip: Get room not on parking side so light in parking lot is not a problem.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul O
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Another great stay at a LaQuinta. You can see it from the highway but we did pass the street it's on because of the numerous traffic lights at that exit. Cracker Barrel was next door but we decided to travel down the road a bit and found other restaurants and stores so the exit was a good one if you need more than just a place to sleep. The room and breakfast areas were both very clean. The only problem we had was that the AC/heating unit was very noisy when it came on so I was awakened a few times during the night. One of the most friendly staff we've ever encountered, even down to giving all the 'non-human' guests a doggie treat as they checked out in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family