“On the lower end of "average"”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Franklin
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed November 4, 2007

This is certainly adequate for an overnight stay. Our room, the "penthouse suite" wasn't all that clean. If we were hungry, we could have eaten the ritz bits we found under the ottoman in the living room. Breakfast was definitely on the lower end of the free morning breakfasts that motels offer nowadays. We were on the highway side of the hotel and it was pretty loud. Ask for the other side.

There's a Days Inn and Holiday Inn Express across the street, and the Holiday Inn is building an indoor pool.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2007

Really surprised by the other reviews. For the price the king suite has really nice adjoining room. Quite clean and very well lit. Nice breakfast also.

Only negatives were the slow internet access and not so outwardly friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2007

I expected this La Quinta to be nicer than it was. It was not as nice or clean as I would have expected for a national chain. However, it was about the only hotel in the area with an indoor pool, and since we were just passing through on the way from Wisconsin to Alabama, it was nice to have a place for the kids to swim and burn off steam after that long ride.

The breakfast was minimal, but OK. The staff was fairly nice. For just a 1 night stay it was alright, but wouldn't have wanted to have an extended stay there.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2007

We arrived with our dog at the La Quinta at 8:30pm. We were immediately concerned upon arrival - "wet paint" signs were everywhere and there was a sign about the pool being closed. The pool was the sole reason for choosing this hotel over another. Deciding to roll with it, we went to our room where we immediately noticed a dirty toilet. B/c of the late hour, we just cleaned it quickly. Seeing no listings for restaurants in the room, I called the front desk and was told that there was a list but it wouldn't be available for 15min. (??)After waiting, I went to the front desk and found a notebook full of copies of the restaurant guide. I swiped one and went back to the room where I found my husband completely grossed out b/c of the air conditioning unit. There was no cover and green mold was covering the inside tray. Still attempting to salvage this experience, I went again to the front desk to have someone clean it or get another room. The lady behind the counter told me that she was the only one there and couldn't leave the desk -- I (!) would have to tell the cleaning people when they got there -- and to be sure to catch them early!! (is this my job!?!) Then we were given a key to look at another room -- it was also gross and filthy. Returning to our room we noticed holes in the walls and stained bedding. Needless to say - that was the last straw. Calling other hotels in the area, all were booked or did not accept pets and we had to stay with friends.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HopeMetzner
Reviewed February 28, 2007

***PET OWNERS BEWARE***---They advertise pet friendly---pets welcome--- BUT BEWARE. They have a LEGAL RELEASE that you sign when you check in, and they don't tell you about it until you're there. There is a **$50** DEPOSIT requested on the release, 1 small dog policy, pets can not bark, and, pets CANNOT be left in rooms. It was 20 degrees when we were there. How can you leave a pet in a car, in that temperature. And what about the hot summer months. When you advertise pet friendly, you have to expect these issues. We found this hotel to be the most UNFRIENDLY PET hotel we have stayed in!!!! ***BEWARE***

1  Thank dogownerMichigan
Reviewed May 1, 2006

If you have stayed at La Quinta before you know that they are a bit above average as far as national chains go. I assume this use to be a Baymount inn before the name change. It is a older hotel, smaller rooms no big suites but comfortable. Great location in Franklin right off the 64 freeway. A simple thing like asking for more heat in the indoor pool for our little girl was taken care of right away. We will stay there again

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank bigdog356c
Reviewed April 21, 2006

LaQuinta in Franklin, Tennessee is just "okay". I paid over $115 for three people, and we did feel safe since everyone enters the hotel rooms from the lobby. However, they accept pets. A woman brought a small dog in a carrier to her room, and I could hear it yapping from our room and the hallway. However, I would add that the rooms and halls smelled surprisingly fresh and you could not detect a hint of pets or smoke.

The biggest pet peeve I had (and a true reflection of the declining service in America) is that although I paid EXTRA for three people, we found in the morning that we had bath towels for two people. (Why charge extra for threepeople, if you are getting the amenities for two? ) I was appalled when we called the front desk and politely told them we didn't have enough towels, they said "Come to the front desk and get more."

To me, this is EXTREMELY third rate. Who wants to get out of their sleeping clothes, put on fresh clothes, just to walk to the front desk and get towels so you can go back and take a shower? It's the little things like this that make or break a hotel, and truthfully, it overshadowed anything else about our stay. How hard would it be for the desk clerk to calculate how many guests are booking the room and give them an extra set of towels at check-in?

If I have to go to the front desk to get more towels, I'll also continue to drive further next time and choose another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006