“Passing thru to Florida”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cool Springs
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Toronto, Ontario
“Passing thru to Florida”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We are Canadians going south for a small vacation in florida. We always stayed in the Country inns in Niagara Falls ontario when we go for a winter getaway. The last 2 years we have stayed exclusively at your chain. Always great service and stays. First in Findlay on our first leg and then to Franklin for last stay before Florida. Same on the way back home. Leaving late october to do the same...should be seeing you in findlay october 28th and Franklin the next day. Keep up the great work. Bob & Sherry Lekic

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank boatrbob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed September 6, 2011

There were a few issues here which were disappointing and made me wonder why this place gets such brilliant reviews. These problems werent major but they did detract from our experience at this hotel. Briefly, some of the issues were:
- the air-conditioning was off when we got in the room - on a 97 degree day this makes for a hot stuffy room. When turned on, the airconditioner made rattling noises most of the time.
- our room looked directly over the airconditioners on the roof - not only was this unsightly but they were noisy too, being noticeable day and night.
- we returned from breakfast on the first morning to find our room beige cleaned. This was before 9am and we werent checking out. I had difficulty in communicating to the lady to come back and finish once we had left for the day. In short this shouldn't have happened.
- the pool was out of action for a week or so - would have been nice to know this when booking as I would have selected another place with a pool.
- when I enquired as to late checkout so we could prepare for a lengthy international flight, I was told that it depends on when the maids finish up, which was around midday, so no, a late checkout was not an option on offer - quite unprofessional in my opinion.

The service was fine with all front desk staff being helpful and friendly and breakfast was standard for this class. I just feel that the few points
I noted above affected our stay here.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Jono2707
Cordova, TN
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times, most recently August 5-7, 2011. It is always very nice, clean and friendly. My daughter and granddaughters and I prefer this hotel in the Franklin area because of this. It also has a nice indoor pool which is kept clean and neat. Our room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was very good with several choices each day. We will certainly be back anytime we come to the Franklin/Cool Springs area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Memphis
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel several days a week since January on business. The staff is without question one of the most attentive to customer needs that I have experienced. The hotel is well maintained, rooms very comfortable, and above all, consistent. I would recommend this location to anyone, whether a weekend stay or business travel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Opelika, AL
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Good location for travelers. Convenient to shopping and restaurants. Nice lobby and nice, spacious rooms. Good, free parking. Breakfast complimentary in the morning. Indoor pool. Walking distance from a restaurant called Jonathan's. Great food, fast service, good prices.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Jerri S
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here with my two granddaughters July 4 for one night -- work being done at my house so couldn't stay there -- wanted pool for two girls. It was the quietest hotel room I've ever stayed in. could not hear people in halls or next door and the place was pretty busy. At first the pool was full of 12 year old boys from a ball team, all yelling at the tops of their lungs in a small enclosed room with no sound absorption -- it was awful. Luckily they only stayed a half hour then the other younger children could play peacefully. The free hot breakfast pleased fus all even though it was pre=packaged food that had been heated up and placed out in the breakfast area it was still pretty good, with fresh cut strawberries for the yogurt or my waffle. I"d recommnd it! Friendly staff. Very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank debracake
McEwen
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife and I always go away for the night of our anniversary. We usually stay at another well-known hotel, but this year we thought we'd try something different. Country Inn and Suites was OUTSTANDING! Our room was upscale with all the amenities! The bed was very comfortable and the jacuzzi an added pleasure! What a delight it was to spend our anniversary at Country Inn and Suites! You won't find a friendlier staff! We will definitely be back again next year!

Room Tip: Super place for a special occasion!