“Very nice cafe”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Housed in a revamped stove factory, this is a popular lunch and dinner destination. Most patrons prefer to sit on the open air patio to people watch. Not a large menu, but covers the basics. Daily specials are offered. Prices are within reason. Service is good. My salad, catfish and fries lunch today was outstanding.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Ive only been here for lunch on week-days. I like it well enough that it is a stand-by for treating out if town guests. The combination works - browsing the shops, then lunch, or the other way around.

The food here is well prepared, from a rather limited menu. I'm not complaining, though, I actually like that concept. Too many places have huge menus but can't of justice to everything. This place concentrates on doing a really good job with fewer choices, and they are good choices.

Their tomato basil soup is great. They also have a daily quiche special. I can't make up my mind about the quiche, though. I think they whip the egg mixture in a blender, giving it a texture that reminds be of sweet custard, yet, of course, it doesn't taste like sweet custard. Most places just sort of combine ingredients rather than whip them. Anyway, it's different. I keep thinking "it's odd, maybe I'll get something else." But I usually end up changing my mind and ordering it anyway - and leaving none of it behind.

It's also one of those places where men sort of nod at each other from across the tables after they get seated. That's because there's usually not many of us in there and it's nice to know we're not alone - a lot of women seem to have lunch together there. I've been the only guy there several times - and, again, I'm not complaining!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a fun lunch spot in the Factory in Franklin, TN. My daughter and I were shopping and she suggested we try Stoveworks for something a little different. We were not disappointed. Cozy atmosphere, great wait staff and the food was delicious. If you leave there hungry, you didn't eat your lunch. The portions were big. Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stoveworks has long been the traditional "lunch" spot for our family when shopping in Franklin's Factory. The Chicken Salad, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Congealed Cranberry salad, Spoon Rolls and Fruit Tea are MUST-have's if you are a first time diner. Last visit, I had the mushroom swiss burger and it was perfectly cooked and delicious. There is a daily quiche and soup special, salads and heartier fare for those who prefer a "Meat and 3" lunch. Everything is home made and freshly prepared and the owners, Pat and Sam are friendly always greet you when you visit. Overall this is a VERY GOOD restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

They have a the best mac & cheese in town, great chicken salad, wonderful sweet potato fries. I love the atmosphere, it's quiet, yet personable. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank ChefMcCarl
Brittany H, Marketing Director at Lyrics Restaurant and Catering, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

You love our restaurant for the same reasons we do! We sell our chicken salad by the half pound, if you ever need it for a gathering or grab a sandwich to go for a trip to the park!
Thank you so much for sharing your review!