“Please, don't eat.”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
tennessee
“Please, don't eat.”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We usually prefer Embassy Suites. They had a different set-up than other Embassy Suites. No bacon on buffet. They said you must stand in line. My husband stood in line 35 minutes. My daughter and I got food from the buffett. I bit into my bagel and realized it was molded. I went to the front desk and told there was not a manager on duty. When I kept checking with my husband, to see what was taking so long, I told the lady putting food out she needed to remove the bagels (I told her a second time when I went back to tell him there weren't any tables or chairs available). A manager (without much authority) came in at 10:15. He said I would be contacted Monday or Tuesday regarding my experience. He did offer to comp our lunch. I wasn't up for eating anything from there and we needed to leave to get to the ballfield. It's Tuesday and still no response. This is a rather old Embassy and lacks the luster of many we've stayed in. The only reason we stayed there (instead of with the team) was because of being able to get a good breakfast and getting our daughter to the ballfield. I called corporate office today and made a complaint. She seemed concerned and I am certain she will investigate and resolve this issue.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Great hotel. Open, center atrium is great with rooms still quiet enough for light sleepers. EXCELLENT amenities include managers reception (bar) for 2 hrs every night, and cooked to order omlets/breakfast included in room price. Top tier hotel amenities, althought it is in a business park and no public or walking distance to much else - car required. Franklin is very historic, small town close by as well as Nashville - easy, modern highway drive. Newer business park/suburb of Nashville. Typical American suburb strip and malls nearby.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Oakville
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Our family of four stopped for the night at the Embassy Suites on our way down to Florida for the March Break. I'd made our reservation based on positive reviews for this hotel on Tripadvisor--and we were not disappointed.

The hotel was easy to find--right off of the I65. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. I dealt with Penny--she was very helpful. I asked for a room away from the I65--she found us one. Unfortunately, it was right next to the ice machine which we could hear humming through the wall. So Penny found us another room. She also called several nearby restaurants for reservations for us. Thanks Penny!

By the way, people in Franklin seem to like to eat out on Friday nights. I'd recommend you make reservations at local restaurants early on. Most of the local hotspots were completely booked. We ended going to a nearby Red Lobster--only waited 30 minutes or so and it was pretty good.

Back to the hotel. After arriving our whole family had a workout in the hotel's health center. They had really good equipment (i.e., three or four treadmills, a recumbent bike, a step machine, a large set of dumbells, a pulley machine of some sort with a chin-up bar and yoga mats). If you use the health center, there are headphones available to plug into the machines so you can watch tv while working out. The pool and hot tub looked nice--but we didn't use them.

Before heading out to dinner, we enjoyed a complimentary reception in the lobby--my wife and I had a glass of wine, the boys enjoyed some soft drinks and we nibbled on some snacks. We chatted with the bartender for a few minutes--she was also very friendly and pleasant. The reception was a really nice touch.

Our room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable--so much so that my wife checked out what kind of mattresses they were using (Serta Perfect Sleepers). I wish they had free Internet or WiFi--but they don't. One of my only complaints.

Th complimentary hot breakfast was fantastic. I don't think you could ask for a better breakfast. The omelette chef was a magician--and the omelette is one of the best I've ever had. The rest of the buffet was excellent as well--fresh fruit, sausage, bacon, waffles, biscuits with gravy, donuts, muffins, etc. etc.--really, really good.

Overall, our experience at this hotel was absolutely wonderful. We reserved through the hotel's website and had pre-paid to get what I feel is a good rate for this hotel (we paid a total of $148 for the night). For what we got, it was a tremendous value.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Nebraska
Reviewed January 21, 2009

My overall stay was excellent. However, when I wanted to go to the Airport I was told by the door man ( very nice guy) that he would arrange my ride to the airport. I asked the door man a day before my departure that I needed the car to be here at 10:30 AM. He told me that he had arranged with the limo co. and my car would be here at 10:30 AM...Next day after waiting for 45 minutes at the main entrance of the hotel when a black town car came...when I got into the so called limo I was shocked to see how dirty the car was...there were trash and 2 empty beer bottles under my feet...the driver informed me that he had to stop by a service station to add some air in one of the tires which he thought was very low...When we reached airport I was charged 70.00 that was 20.00 more than what I was told at the hotel...the driver explained that 20.00 went to Toney the door man as commission for referring me to the limo co..By that time I had had missed my flight...I had to wait for 3 more hours at the airport to catch another flight...by the time I reached home it was 1.00 am the next day... If I ever had to stay at the Embassy Suites in franklin I would not make the same mistake...

Timothy

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I was party of a rather large group there for a wedding in town, and the hotel was great. Price was right, as was the space, the rooms, the people and apparently the sound-proofing in the walls. Everyone loved it, highly recommended. They did a superb job, and the rent-a-cop only bothered us once.

• Liked — the hangover-killing breakfast & coffee
  • Disliked — not much character next to the interstate
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Te Awamutu
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Based on the Trip Advisor ratings, which so far have been an excellent guide through our North American trip, we booked a night at the Embassy Suites at Franklin earlier this week.
First the good points . The reception staff were friendly and the booking in fairly efficient , the Hotel architecture ie. open atrium ,glassed elevators and inside fountains suggest five star luxury and the room ammenities support this billing.
However the bad points : an extremely uncomfortable bed which is not too bad as the traffic noise from I- 65 will probably keep you awake anyway. The breakfast was OK , although cooking toast at this breakfast bar will liven anyone up as the the electrical overload switch had to be held down to get the toaster to work . As a final gripe one is required to pay $ 9.95 + tax to use the internet, which is the opposite of a loyalty programme as we wished to book our next Hampton Hotel stay using the internet.
In addition we seemed to be unable to get a hot shower at this hotel, the water temperature both late at night and early morning barely got above tepid.
Our advice would be to shop around in this area before booking Embassy Suites

• Liked — Style
  • Disliked — Basic qualities ie sleep and showers
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My wife and I spent two nights at the hotel, and were delighted with all aspects of the stay. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful, the facilities are well appointed and clean, and the rooms are spacious.

• Liked — The friendly and accomodating staff
  • Disliked — The hot water is about 10 degrees cooler than I would prefer
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)