Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South/Cool Springs
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I stayed at the Embassy Suites from Monday night through Thursday for work. I am very picky and decided to stay based on the reviews. I have never been disappointed by Tripadvisor!

I had a 7 hour drive in the rain the whole way. I was traveling alone and had several pieces of luggage. The bellhop was busy chatting with another employee and never offered to help. This was around 5 p.m. I checked in, drove my car to a parking place and dragged my luggage in, in the rain, alone. This is my only real complaint about my stay. I was soaked by the time I got in.

My room was very clean. I am quite a germ freak (probably need meds) and so I routinely re-clean my rooms. I can tell you that this room was already clean. My Clorox wipes were spotless.

I joined their rewards club though I usually stay at Marriott’s. I was put on the 9th floor, which is the Embassador Level – with keyed access from the elevator. I liked this feature. Oftentimes at Marriott’s I have stayed at there have been noise issues with people traveling back and forth past the room. This room was quite and the traffic on my floor was almost non-existent.
The bed was very comfortable. Even though I was there for work, it was more like a vacation. The breakfast is also very good (and free). II was not too impressed with the restaurant the one time I tried it. I would suggest only eating breakfast there.

Be sure to go to downtown Historic Franklin if you get a chance. I loved the Factory and the Stovework’s Café. J. Alexander’s is also a great place to eat. Chicken Nick’s was good little restaurant, too, more geared towards families. Even the people at the Galleria were very nice. I plan on going back in the near future and taking my husband with me. I loved Franklin and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

994 - 1,000 of 1,024 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2008

Our company recently had a regional meeting at Embassy Suites in Franklin. For the second year in a row, we had a great experience. I worked with Mr Michael Rook and Ms. Debbie Whiten to set up our meeting....everything was perfect! We had some last minute reservation changes and Mr Rook handled everything for us. All room reservations were in order and our conference rooms and food were exceptional. We have meetings all over the country, so I know exceptional service when I get it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank trainer01
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This is a very nice Embassy Suites. It's a bit pricey considering it's outside the city of Nashville. This was the second time I stayed here and both times I had a nice corner suite. Rooms were clean, staff pleasant, and breakfast buffet delicious as usual.

When going to an unknown area I always try to look for an Embassy Suites because you know to expect great quality and service in a decent area. It's true they are a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel for business or as a stopover on a road trip.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Have stayed there several times and as always was excellent. Our daughter had gone into labor the night before and we had moved to the Vanderbilt location but then moved back to Franklin location and front desk manager put us on the Embassador level. Hotel is very clean and staff very friendly. A great value compared to other hotels in the area for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2008

Large suite rooms, mattresses comfortable, bedding is nice. Room & public areas are clean, however the large open atrium/lobby area was having some sort of organization's meet & greet with a registration area & also with a bar/cocktail party going on with very loud live music (at around 8:00 P.M. or so.) All hotel rooms open onto this multi-story atrium, so the noise of the band & the Party (?) could be heard all the way up many stories. The get-together stopped or had moved by about 11:00, so it did not keep us awake however if you had small kids & were trying to get them to bed earlier it would have been an issue.

Some areas appeared to be somewhat worn, including carpets & fabrics on upholstered furniture. The breakfast in the morning was good, but felt it was a somewhat limited selection...we had stayed at an Embassy Suites in a different city in October 2007 and that one had a much bigger selection on the breakfast buffett.

All in all, we felt this hotel was overpriced...spent just over $200 on the room (with tax), felt it would have been a fair value at maybe $140, especially on a weekend when the place was not full, even with the convention or whatever it was going on. This hotel is in an upscale business area with many other hotels around: it's not really a "tourist" destination hotel...it might be full during the work week when business travelers are around, but while driving around exploring restaurants that night we went past at least 1/2 dozen hotels, all with many empty spaces in the parking lots: these prices do not seem to be justified on the weekends.

Incidentally speaking of overpriced rooms, when I first booked this room, I did ask about booking the same hotel on our return trip a week later, which would have had us there for one night during the Memorial Holiday weekend. They wanted almost $100 more for the "holiday" weekend rates, which would have put the room at about $300 for a night. Needless to say,
we booked a different hotel for our return trip in the same area for normal rates of about $150 (no "holiday" surcharge.) Neither hotel was full on Memorial weekend.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Located right off I-65 about 15 minutes away from downtown Nashville, the Embassy Suites has a fantastic building that is so simply but makes you want to walk inside to look at the courtyard. the rooms are perfect size and clean. The breakfast is super fantastic and free! The breakfast is great, amazing, tasty, and did i mention free?

If i go back to Nashville, I'll stay at the Embassy Suites in Franklin for sure!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Exceptionally clean and comfortable hotel!

I had a standard room, which was huge with separate living room and bedroom. It was complete with 2 TVs, dining table and a wet bar.

The bed was extremely comfortable and had good quality linens.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The price includes a breakfast buffet which was more than adequate.

I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Franklin hotels
Drury Plaza Hotel Nashville Franklin
Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville / Franklin
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring
Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs
Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs)
Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South/Cool Springs? Share your experiences!