“Would not stay again, not clean”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South/Cool Springs
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
midwest
“Would not stay again, not clean”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a meeting so got a group rate. It was convenient for the meeting. Rooms were basic Embassy Suites rooms. The first room I was given overlooked dozens of a/c units. I asked and was given a different room. View outside was better. There were long black hairs in bathroom sink. There was someone else's dirty athletic sock by the bed. I did report this and front desk person apologized. Evening happy hour is a plus but doesn't make up for poorly prepared room. I was disappointed. There are several other nearby hotels and I would definitely choose one of those over this one.

• Stayed June 2013
TrevorGoulding, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South/Cool Springs, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. It is only through feedback like yours that we can address, correct and ensure all of our guests’ satisfaction. While we strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay, I am sorry to hear from your review that you with disappointed with your recent stay. We do realize that you have a choice in where you stay and assure you that your feedback will be internally discussed to improve our offerings and services.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that I can do for you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Missouri
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here over weekend while visiting family. Nice area and not far from downtown. Free breakfast and free drinks at night. Awesome! Room was nice and clean. Spacious. My daughter loved the place. We were on the concierge floor with a fridge with comp drinks and snacks. It was a nice hotel and would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

After driving 900 miles, we were looking forward to indulging in a nice quiet hotel outside of Nashville for a few days. Was very surprised to note that the hotel's decor was worn and shabby. Not up to their usual standard. Seemed like nothing had been updated or redone in many years. Worn carpets, cracked and broken tile, lumpy and uncomfortable mattresses. For the price, I would definitely expect much better. Wish we had tried the Marriott across the street instead.......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us. I understand that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. I do appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms’ appearance as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is full service, with a great lobby and two room suites, there is a hot breakfast included in the room and a very nice lobby bar with large TVs everywhere. The lobby includes a water feature, many sitting areas and 3 glass elevators leading to the upper floors. The only issues was the air conditioning went out on our last night and it got warm. The hotel let us sleep in another room that was unoccupied so had stayed cool. They really went out of their way to make us happy. The hot breakfast included a buffet of eggs, bagels, potatoes, toast, fruit, waffles, and much more, one could also get a cooked to order omelet, all included. A very enjoyable stay. However, being full service there are no luggage carts available to the guest, one must call the bellhop to assist with luggage movement. They were quick and efficient so worked quite well. This property is very new and/or well maintained, room was open and comfortable with a great shower and a chilled water system for cooling and heating so there was no noise in the room.

Room Tip: We were on floor 8, the one reserved for honor rewards and there was coffee, fruit, and papers avail...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent one night (May 24th) at this hotel. The hotel appears to be fairly new and we were pleased when we walked inside to confirm this hotel (from an appearance standpoint) meet typical Embassy standards. Booked my hotel through a third party (Priceline) and called ahead to request a room with two beds, understanding that 2 beds cannot be guaranteed, until arrival. We walked in the lobby and I approached the front desk. The yound lady at the front desk pulled my reservation, noted that i had requested 2 beds, but told me I could not make changes to my reservation and that a king was the only avaialble room. With no other option, I went to the room I was given, opened the door, and immediately closed it. The room was a smoking room. When I returned to the front desk another, more pleasant clerk, assisted me, apologized, and put me in a non-smoking room with 2 beds. It was apparent I had been lied to by the previous clerk, The manageer was unavailable, but I plan to contact the general manager about the poor service. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was great. Hotel is located to nearby shopping and entertainment. The hotel itself is very nice, but management should really evaluate the front desk staff who greet their guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We try to always go above and beyond for our guests and I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to do that for you. I want you to know that all of the inconveniences you experienced will be addressed with the proper departments and we hope that we can have the chance to have you as a guest in the future and will be able to exceed your expectations as we always try to do. Thank you again.
Hudson Falls, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We wanted to express our great satisfaction for a wonderful stay in your establishment. We enjoyed every minute and could not be happier with the services that Embassy Suites provided. We absolutely would recommend a stay at your hotel to anyone and we will definitely book with your hotel in the future. We loved everything about Embassy Suites in Franklin Tn. Thank you so very much! Mr. and Mrs. Roland Schenk.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent Sat-Sun-Monday nights at the Embassy Suites at Cool Springs. The hotel is easy to see from I-65 south going out of Nashville. It requires a little navigating to get to though.
Here's some help; exit at Cool Springs Blvd EAST. Not west. Follow it about 1/4 mile to the first stop light after you've crossed the bridge. Right at the light and right at the first road on your right which is Crescent Center.

The Hotel is a pretty standard Embassy Suites, large atrium, with good sized rooms. A living room area, small cabinets with mini fridge, sink, coffee maker and microwave. Bedroom was very comfortable as well.

Contrary to what some other reviewer have said I didn't see the 'worn look'.
The welcome at the registration was warm and joking. I don't know if they were that way with just me, but everyone in the Hotel was very pleasant and talkative.

We were at the hotel on Mothers' Day and a Very nice touch was pink carnations at the front desk for all of the mothers. I don't know how many they gave out, but it seemed to be an unending supply. A VERY NICE touch, especially since we were traveling and my wife was away from our daughters.

Saturday and Sunday were packed. Hundreds of schoool aged soccer players packed the atrium, food areas and elevators. On Monday it was like we had the hotel to ourselves. Some business travelers, and that was it. I asked one of the staff about it and he said "It's like that here every weekend, packed with families." Not good or bad, just something to be aware of if you choose to stay here.

The breakfasts were great, with a omelet station, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, potatoes, muffins and oatmeal all 'self serve' if you didn't want to wait in line for the omelets. On Monday I walked up to the omelet station and had a great conversation with the chef as he cooked my omelet. No one else there.

The hotel is very clean, very friendly, and well located. I recommend it with the caveat that the weekend will be crowded.

Room Tip: The rooms facing I-65 would seem to be an issue because of the constant traffic on the west side of...