“Great Find!”
Review of MacK and Kate's

MacK and Kate's
Reserve with OpenTable
MacK and Kate's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 373 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin Road & Moores Lane
Description: Sophisticated Southern and Gourmet Country are great ways to describe the cuisine at the charming Mack & Kate"s Cafe. Named after two sisters, MacKenzie and Kathleen, our family owned and operated establishment will make you feel right at home. Started in a small, sleepy town, Mack & Kate's humbled beginnings took place in a small service station. This charming little destination dining spot grew over eight years, resulting in the Strawn Family relocating Mack & Kates to Franklin, TN. We enjoy seeing our friends from our early days and our new friends here in Franklin. We use the freshest and finest when it comes to our ingredients and always support local farmers and growers. We pride our self in our accommodating and knowledgeable service team and the ability to consistently feed our customers what they are looking for; the freshest from the best.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Find!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Two of us had dinner there on a Friday night. When we arrived, there were only 3 or 4 tables of diners. We thought oh no, we've made a mistake. How wrong we were! Delicious food, great service, quiet atmosphere. The shrimp and grits were wonderful as was the spinach and pear salad. The biscuits at the beginning were warm and tasty. Fortunately, there was not a basket full or we would not have made it through dinner. My only complaint was there was not a chocolate dessert on the menu. And, to me if it isn't chocolate, it isn't dessert. This is a great neighborhood place. Worth searching for next time we are in the area.

Visited October 2013

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Loved The Food, Loved the Atmosphere, Loved Everything!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband took me to this place for my birthday dinner and it was great, Our server took good care of us and our food was delicious. I had the pan seared scallops and my husband had the salmon. The little biscuits and blueberry butter were nice and we had an appetizer of fried green tomatoes with goat cheese and remoulade. We shared a piece of key lime pie for dessert and it actually tasted like key lime pie ought to taste. The wine list was nicely varied.

The decor in this place was well done and helped with the feel of a cozy restaurant.

Evansville, Indiana
“WOW!! Great choice”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We met for dinner on the way home from a week on vacation. There were three in our party and we LOVED everything put before us!!! My husband had pan seared salmon that was to die for, my step son had meatloaf (that the Governor comes to eat once a month) and I had lobster mac & cheese. Not one complaint. DELISH and we will be stopping out next trip through Nashville!

Caserta, Italy
1,309 restaurant reviews
“Nice atmosphere, good service and food.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had lunch with a colleague this past Friday and we decided to meet here. We have done lunch on several occasions at Sopapillas in the same plaza. We had appetizer of crab,mango and grapefruit salad which was delicious but lacked crab and the little we got was very good. The price for this dish was a little high. My colleague had the Cuban which he liked and I had the cheeseburger ..it came out dry and well done but the server returned and the burger came back excellent.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Meal in Town!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Loved the food! Consistently delicious! Great Service! And also great for large groups & Catering! Will be back to visit soon!

Visited August 2013