“Unique...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin Road & Moores Lane
Description: Sophisticated Southern and Gourmet Country are great ways to describe the cuisine at the charming Mack & Kate"s Cafe. Named after two sisters, MacKenzie and Kathleen, our family owned and operated establishment will make you feel right at home. Started in a small, sleepy town, Mack & Kate's humbled beginnings took place in a small service station. This charming little destination dining spot grew over eight years, resulting in the Strawn Family relocating Mack & Kates to Franklin, TN. We enjoy seeing our friends from our early days and our new friends here in Franklin. We use the freshest and finest when it comes to our ingredients and always support local farmers and growers. We pride our self in our accommodating and knowledgeable service team and the ability to consistently feed our customers what they are looking for; the freshest from the best.
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Mack and Kate's for our 19th anniversary. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere was nice and the food was unique. My husband had the scallops. They were very tasty and they were served on some kind of black eyed pea cake...it was better than it sounds. I had the crab and avocado salad. It was wonderful. The mangos gave it a very interesting flavor. We ended with chocolate lava cake. Yum!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were visiting Franklin for the ghost tour, so looked up some menus in the area and thought MacK and Kate's looked the most interesting.

We got there at about 9 on Saturday (they closed at 9:30) and were seated right away. The waitress came quickly to take our drink orders and told us about some of the specials and answered out questions. She was very sweet

The ambiance was very romantic, with dim lighting and a cozy feel.

I ordered the root-beer braised beef short rib with pear gnocchi. The beef literally just fell apart when you took a fork to it. Delicious. My boyfriend got the fried pork chop which came with gouda mac and cheese and what seemed to be some barbeque flavored greens. Delicious as well. Oh, I also got a side salad to start which was probably one of the best salads I've eaten despite being so simple. The dressing was yummy and had feta cheese on it. There were also little biscuits with some kind of lightly flavored butter (we didn't ask, but I was thinking strawberry or raspberry because it was pinkish).

We both had food left over because the portions were large. We got dessert to go. The caramel cake was to die for. Very flavorful and moist. The peanut butter pie was extremely rich and peanut buttery. It weighed probably a pound!

Over all, we couldn't have been more thrilled with our visit. Despite coming in toward the end of their night, we didn't feel rushed at all. Would definitely eat here again if we come back to Nashvile.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place has an amazing menu. We've not seen it ever terribly busy (though I suspect Friday and Saturday nights may very well be), and in noway could afford to eat here regularly, but have enjoyed the few times we've indulged.

As other reviewers have stated, it's a very pompous atmosphere, but I've never dined or visited a place that cost a lot that was free of that. Just try to ignore it, if at all possible - and really just focus on their food if possible and you'll love it as much as we have!

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal experience this evening. The meal was prepared superbly, and the service was excellent. Jake, our server, made great suggestions for our meals, including the choice of salads and wine. The scallops were prepared perfectly, which in a town this far from oceans can be hard to find, and the meatloaf delivered everything away loaf lover could desire! The fried green tomatoes starter was the best we've ever enjoyed.

This is one not to miss in Franklin!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good food, a little expensive but worth the visit. Lot's of choices. Great lobster mac and cheese! I don't really feel like it is a family restaurant even though it serves family type dishes. A little stuffy, not a weekly visit type place but worth a trip every month or so!