“Great Fish and Chips”

Drake's
Ranked #41 of 368 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Sushi, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A restaurant that loves beer and a bar that loves food. Over 20 craft beers on tap, big burgers and the freshest sushi in town. Your go-to for lunch, dinner and late-night, Drake's is a free-wheeling, fun-loving kind of joint. A place to hang out and let your hair down. A place to let yourself go a little. Come play!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Fish and Chips”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Enjoyed the Fish and Chips and appetizers, food and drinks are a little pricey. Went with a group of friends and was disapointed to find they had no happy hour. Ask for membership card to earn discounts

Visited December 2011

The Villages, Florida
“Great Service, Great Food Selection !”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Drake's reminds me a little of the bars and restaurants in New Orleans. When it is warm outside they open the walls. At first look it appears that Drake's is a 'small' Sports Bar ... off to the right is a doorway that leads to a large dining area. Service was great and friendly. Danielle was our waitress and she was very helpful with the menu and also the Rewards program.

My wife had the Fish and Chip and I had the Hot Wings .... VERY GOOD! We did have a difficult time picking as the menu is very diverse ... and includes a GREAT selection of brews too. We have added this place to our list for 'Date Nights'

• Visited October 2011
St. Augustine, Florida
“Cool Springs Newest Hot Spot”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

There was a ton of buzz surrounding this restaurant/bar/club prior to opening. We gave it a few weeks (to work out opening problems) then we decided to check it out one saturday night.
We arrived around 8 or 8:30pm. The doors to the bar area were all open (they have garage type glass doors in the front that can be opened or closed) and all we could see was a huge crowd...standing room only left. Disappointment set in for me b/c I wanted to sit down and try out some of the food and relax/people watch. Luckily after we stepped in I spoted a group at a large table signing their tabs. I asked if they were leaving and they said yes and gave us their table...perfect!!
To Start there are two areas of this restaurant...the front is a bar. There is a fireplace in the corner with 3 or 4 chairs and then about 15 or 20 tables scattered around. Then there is a restaurant type area with more tables and a HUGE bar in the center. You pass through this area to go to the restroom (ladies...there are 2 stalls in this place so either limit your intake of liquids or be prepared to stand in line most of the night). There may have been another restroom but we did not see one.
About 15 minutes later (I kid you not) a server stopped by to take our drink order. 15 more minutes and our table was cleaned and drinks delivered. We were smart to order extra the remainder of the night.
Food: My husband had sushi which he thought was very good. And our friend had fish and chips which were okay. I ate off both plates and also liked the sushi not the fish and chips though. I decided to skip the meal this go round as we did not plan on staying long after the wait for drinks and after tasting the others I thought I would pass on options on the rest of the menu.
There is a unique beer option here. There are these extremely tall, basically personal taps, containers you can order for the table. With a huge variety of beer options...next time I wil do this if I return. Great idea and the customers that purchased these must have either really loved the beer or known the service was horrible here. Either way I love the idea and due to the variety of beer options at this bar it would take time to taste each!!
Now about 9pm or so in the "restaurant" part of Drakes they move all the tables in one corner away and a dance floor area is revealed. There is a dj in this area too and I saw many dancing during my restroom wait times.
Here is a basic breakdown...I most likely will return maybe once or twice but this will not be the first place on my list to visit to have a good time...see why below:
Pros:
1. Cool Springs: not having to drive to nashville is a plus.
2. Variety of Beer: I would like to return just to try a few of their options
3. Security: It is strange to see so many security people standing outside as well as a cop at all times. This is also a negative as it gives the feel that the place can be unsafe although we didn't not see anything that would imply.

Cons:
1. Service: Frankly speaking...its horrible. The wait times to get a drink or refill are ridiculous. The servers don't seem to care that you have been waiting that long and would rather joke around with each other than serve the overly packed crowd.
2. Drink Prices: I expect to pay prices like this in Viragos downtown but not cool springs. The vibe here isn't worth the price of the drink. I paid $15 each for a double vodka sprite...really?
3. Crowd: Mid 40's and up...singles and looking mixed with the random 30 somethings and a sprinkle of 20 somethings. There is a dress code here which was laughable once we sat down to realize that they really didn't need it...no one that was there would even consider wearing cutoffs or tank tops (let alone anything other than polo and slacks).
4. Restrooms: When you have a place this large you should be required to have more than two stalls in your establishment. At any given time there was a line to the women's restroom at least 4 or 5 outside the door and 4 or 5 inside the door making this the worst part of our visit.
5. Security: Okay, we get it...you have a new popular place with 3 or 4 guys outside the front door with a counter device to make sure you don't go over capacity. There is even a roped off area you have to walk through as if you are going into a popular club....I never saw people waiting to get in but I've been told that later in the evening there is a line that forms outside praying that enough people will leave so they can get in and dance/drink etc. When I wanted to step outside to smoke I had to have my hand stamped so I could get back in....I'm not even sure how to respond to this at a "restaurant/bar". The vibe of having to have security only implies to possible patrons that you either overserve your guests or you would allow patrons into your establishment that could cause trouble.

So I say try it once if you really want to find out what the buzz is all about. If I return it will be on a week night or after work to try out their beers. I have no interest in standing for hours all night drinking expensive drinks and listening to a dj spinning his music. If I did....I would go downtown nashville...not cool springs.
Drake's owners: Fix your service problem, don't pack in your patrons like sardines...don't make them wait 1/2 an hour each time for a drink. I'm all about customer service and could overlook everything else if your service was better.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Ellyanne
Nashvillle
“Love the patio and Roasted Chicken Nachos”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Drake's Cool Springs is the perfect place to hang out on these nice fall days. With two bars (one with a garage door that is usually open on nice days, sometimes with a cozy firepalce), this new neighborhood spot on Cool Springs Blvd is a great meet-up place. The delicious Roasted Chicken Nachos are crispy and fully loaded with pulled roasted chicken beans, cheese, and then topped with cilantro cream sauce.

• Visited September 2011
Portland, Oregon
“Good beer selection.....average food and service”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I ate here for dinner with my wife, her dad, and his wife on Tuesday the 23rd. This was the first time I have eaten here. This restaurant was pretty lively for a Tuesday evening. Most of the crowd was seated by the bar in the open air patio section. It was still a little hot so we sat inside. I had the Steak N Cheese sandwich. It was average at best. The portion size was pretty large but it was kinda of messy. I actually had to eat it with a knife and fork. My wife had a cheeseburger. Her thoughts were that it was average. On a better note they have a pretty good beer selection with many craft beers to choose from. I had the KY Bourbon Barrel Ale. It was nice and strong.

Our service we experienced wasn't too good. It took awhile for a server to come over to us despite the fact 3 or 4 other servers were sitting around talking with each other by the bar. Once a server took our order it took awhile to get our food and to order another round of drinks. My assessment is that this restaurant is a popular after work bar for those working in the Cool Springs area who live close by. The food is not worth the visit but the beer and socializing would be a good reason to check it out.

• Visited August 2011