“Amazing & Awe-inspiring Adventure!”

Middle Tennessee Hot Air Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Middle Tennessee Hot Air Adventures is a family business nestled in the quiet town of Franklin, TN just south of Nashville. We offer ballooning services in Nashville and Franklin Tennessee as well as all surrounding areas. We pride ourselves in ballooning over less developed areas, lofting over hollows and hidden lakes, offering breath taking views of wildlife and the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee. Join us on your own Hot Air Adventure!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing & Awe-inspiring Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Going on a hot air balloon ride was always on the bucket list for both my best friend and me, and when we read all the great reviews about Middle Tennessee Hot Air Adventures, we jumped at the opportunity to book a sunrise flight during our first trip to Tennessee. Since it was our first time going on a balloon ride, we had concerns about safety, but these fears were quickly quelled when we spoke to Logan before the flight and Jake, Tina, and the other crew members on the day of the flight. Our pilot, Jake, was extremely knowledgeable and thorough about what to expect before, during, and after the flight. There was not a moment when we felt confused or lost about the process such as when to get in the basket and how we should position ourselves when the balloon landed. The takeoff was smooth and the entire ride was serene as we flew over the gorgeously picturesque landscape. There was always effective communication between Jake and his crew and constant monitoring of the balloon, which gave us a sense of comfort that we were in good hands. After the smooth landing and efficient packing of the balloon, we were offered champagne and Jake shared the story behind the tradition of the champagne toast after a hot air balloon ride. We also had the opportunity to view and purchase the pictures that were taken by Tina before the flight and the GoPro during the flight. We thought it was a great idea that they transferred the pictures onto an iPad for us to view instantly.

The entire experience was more than what we expected due to the uniqueness of the adventure and the experienced pilots and crew members. Although we can now check flying in a hot air balloon off our bucket list, we would not hesitate to go on another balloon ride with MTHAA if we visit Tennessee again in the future. We would recommend this adventure to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience. Thank you guys!!!

Visited May 2013

Kaneohe, Hawaii
“A Heavenly Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful, wonderful time. Logan and the crew were awesome and we had the experience of a lifetime. One hour in the air was perfect. More than that would have been too long to stand and too much of a good thing. We enjoyed it thoroughly and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Pleasanton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The picture Tina took of me waving outside the hot air balloon is still my facebook profile picture even months after the adventure! Logan and his team are awesome, professional, and did everything they could to make sure I had an awesome trip. Logan is so knowledgeable and answered all of my curious questions about hot air ballooning and all his gadgets. The feeling of floating up in a hot air balloon is the craziest and coolest sensation ever!!! Landing is great fun, too and they allowed us to help with setting up and packing up, which I thought was cool.

My boyfriend flew out to visit me while I was on an extended business stay in Nashville, and I surprised him with this adventure. We were stooooked!

Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“very disappointing for the $$”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wanted to surprise my husband with a Father's Day Gift of a Hot Air Balloon Ride because it was on his bucket list. We had to reschedule 4 times due to weather which was just the fault of Mother Nature. However when I rescheduled, I specifically requested Logan who is the son of the founder of the business and I paid for the private float which was $650.00 for my husband and I. When we arrived, I was told that Logan would not be our pilot because he was taking up 8 people in the big ballon. When I reminded Logan and his fiance Tina that I had paid more to specifically have a private flight with Logan, I was told that I would just have to reschedule because the other pilot Jake..."could not fly the big balloon." We decided to go up with Jake who was a good pilot...no complaints there. EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THAT THE FLIGHT WILL ACTUALLY LAST 1 HOUR OR LESS...EVEN IF YOUR RESERVATION SAYS "3 HOUR ADVENTURE".....Our flight was booked for sunset....sunset was to be at 6:25 and we took off at 4:25 and landed at 5:15.......less than an hour flight no where close to sunset. The winds were not cooperating that day and we floated from the Peoples Church to Centennial High School which was a grand total of about 1 1/2 miles. We saw rooftops of houses. When I asked about the "3 hour adventure"...I was advised that they were including balloon set-up,(which we helped with) take-down, and in our case waiting 20 minutes for the other van to meet us in the parking lot for a toast...( or perhaps to pay the balance) I am in business and would usually offer some kind of apology or compensation if I had made an error. Instead we paid full price, were asked to tip and were asked to buy $25.00 worth of pictures. (which we did) Maybe our expectations were too high, but for $650.00, I feel we definitely did not receive our money's worth. I never mind paying when I feel like I'm being treated fairly, but in this case we were not. Short Synopsis: We paid $650.00 for the two of us to go up for 50 minutes in a hot air balloon over a Franklin neighborhood. The remainder of the "3 hour adventure" was helping set-up the balloon, watching the tear-down and waiting around for the other group to return to the parking lot.

8 Thank 419Susan1976
LoganBedford, Owner at Middle Tennessee Hot Air Adventures, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
This is Logan the Owner, founder, creator, wed designer, book keeper, Pilot, secretary, PR Rep, marketing manager, etc...

This comment creates many good points. Knowing that this one negative comment will get read more than any one of our 83+ 5 star comments I would like to take this opportunity to re-iterate some key points.

1.Tina wants to make a point that she is not my FIANCE but only my girlfriend.

2. Susan was charged $650, which was a mistake, and she was also refunded $100 the day after the flight.

3. PLEASE read the ENTIRE website. Please read and re-read through the FAQ section. Everything is explained. If you have any further questions call me on my cell phone immediately.

4. WE DO NOT PROVIDE 3 HOUR FLIGHTS!! Our flights are based on 60-90 minutes. We strive to keep this accurate and almost all of our flights are within this time. Occasionally we have to land slightly earlier than that, WE WILL NOT RISK THE SAFETY OF ANYONE for the extra few minutes of flight. WE SUPPORT OUR PILOTS DECISION 100%. If your flight is 30 minutes or less we will give you a free voucher to fly with us again. Jake showed me his GPS which has a moving timer which time the balloon from take off to landing and it read 1:00:00. Exactly 1 hour. 6 Balloons flew that day and Susan flew longer than all but 1.

5. We do about 150 flights a year. Every one of those flights are dramatically different. Sometimes we fly 1 mile and sometimes we fly 15 miles. This is all dependent upon the winds that day. Sunset on 10/20/2013 was 6:06PM we launched a little early due to the lack of wind. The wind typically slows down close to sunset so on a day like that we will launch earlier in order to take advantage of what little winds there are. That is a part of ballooning. As for only seeing rooftops, Susan was flown up to 3500', 1500' higher than typical flights, and we could see from Nashville to Columbia, from Murfreesboro to Fairview. It was clear. All I can say is please look out and enjoy incredible Middle Tennessee and don't look only at the roof tops below.

6. You have to come into ballooning with an open mind and with the idea that you cannot control everything. We rely upon the winds and the winds change all of the time. Our atmosphere is like a large ocean of currents, which vary constantly. We ride these currents when we fly balloons.

7. We never pressure anyone to tip us or buy photos. When we swipe your card the app on our iPad comes to a screen where you are able to tip, we also point this screen out and simply state that if you would like to leave a tip you can do so here. If not you hit a large button which says "charge" and continue to sign and also input your email for a receipt. As far as photos, we do this for complete convenience. We do not make money on photos. It evens out and we do it to provide more for our customers.

8. After the flight I was never informed of how bad of an experience it was. I asked them how Jake was and they remarked at how great he was and laughed and seemed as if everything was fine. I only found out after the flight through email of any problems. They did mention wanting to fly with me and I offered them a chance to re-schedule and not fly that day. She was moved to Sunday because Saturday was canceled and I did everything I could to get her on a flight the following day.

9. This one really irritates me and its a point I feel needs to be made, What we do is not worth the money. We are priced lower than any other company to make it affordable. It costs us more money to do a private flight than a shared flight. That is why it costs more. Yet we provide more than any other company in this area. If you think that I show up and fly a balloon for an hour and that's all then let me explain some things. Something every small business owner knows and re-iterates my first line of text. I am the Owner, founder, wed designer, book keeper, Pilot, secretary, marketing manager, Customer Service rep etc...

PLEASE READ THE WEBSITE, CALL ME AND ASK QUESTIONS EVEN IF YOU THINK THEY ARE STUPID, AND PLEASE BE OPEN TO A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE.
Wisconsin
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

First time fliers and won't be the last. Logan was a very intellegent, professional and an excellent pilot. My wife was questioning going up but was quickly at ease. While landing she felt like a certain princess from a Disney movie with all of the kids chasing and waving at the balloon. Recommend for anyone. Only one problem of Tina's camera not having the correct time. It is creating a hassle to put all pics in order at home. THANK YOU for a wonderful anniversary event.