“Had a blast!”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Had a blast!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The food was excellent. All courses outstanding. Dancing and music very fun. Really added to the experience. You need to be open to fun to get the full experience.

1 Thank gwfritz

North Carolina
“So much fun!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant experience was one of the best we have ever had. Everything about it was great! The food was sooooo good, but be careful and don't over indulge on one thing as there will always be more to come. The staff are friendly and involve the crowd in their dancing and singing. Nick, who is the head chef, is so passionate about his food and entertainment. He also dances and sings along during the quick break given between courses so that your food can digest. The price is very fair at $45/person, especially considering the amount and quality of food you receive.The only advice that I would give is...1) it does get very loud so don't plan to go here if you are looking for a quiet date night 2) make reservations well in advance since Nick only opens on Friday and Saturday nights and 3) don't be in a hurry, this is more of a 'dining experience' (3 hours or so). We are not from Nashville but have family who is and we have already made plans to go back when we return!

• Visited November 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fall Menu”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We made reservations because of the gnocchi. We had it on their fall menu last year and made sure to return this year. My husband and I are vegetarians, and Nick made sure we had plenty of food options. As the previous reviews state, it's a lot of food, dancing, and singing. You should plan on 4 hours for everything. Even with the fun, 4 hours felt a little long for dinner. That said, it's always a fun experience.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JChaff12
Ottawa
“Awesome awesome awesome”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The other reviews describe the idea behing the restaurant so i won't go into that...I'll simply say that the entire experience was SO MUCH FUN, we will certianly be back...the fact that the food and service were also outstanding just makes that decision a little easier.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jmlough
Nashville, Tennessee
“ugh! Skip!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had read about Mangia Restaurant through some reviews and decided to partake with their Christmas Dinner themed "Feast of Seven Fishes."
We had heard about all the courses and ample food, so I didn't eat much all day in order to feast on the seven course meal I was about to embark on that evening.

I'll cut to the chase: We apparently were the only Gluten Free customers at the feast last night, we told them this when we made the reservation.
Dinner was $75/pp with free corkage of the bottle of wine we brought along with us.
There were 8 us of at the table, all young, all hungry, some were returning patrons...
First course: Fried Calamari with some kind of sauce... We had to avoid it because of the flour. Chef Nick didn't make us an alternative appetizer when the Calamari was being passed around so we sat at the table with empty plates in front of us, starving and staring at the other people eating...
There was also a large basket of bread in front of us.
So... first course, we were skipped. Hungry, kind of let down that we had let them know that we couldn't eat anything with flour and yet, no alternative appetizer was given to us. So there we sat, waiting.................................
Nick came over to us and said, "Don't worry, I'll take care of you," while we sat and watched everyone else pig out on fried Calamari.

2nd course: Crab cakes... Again, made with flour, no alternative appetizer for the Gluten Free diners.. So again, we sat and watched everyone eat around us while we sat starving, waiting for "our" food to come out... which never arrived...............

So now that was two courses we were not able to partake in.. My thinking was, if we made the reservations as Gluten Free diners (we told them when we made the reservation), shouldn't there have been 2 courses to start that were safe for us to eat??
Why ask if we needed Gluten Free food??????? hmmmm?

3rd course on out, we were finally given Gluten Free alternatives.
Whole Snapper cooked with fennel and onions, Gluten Free pasta with marinara sauce, Scallops wrapped in bacon, seafood medley with parsley, salted cod in marinara, Lobster Risotto with one lobster tail for 8 people, and shrimp scampi . I didn't get a bite of lobster since I was the last one at the table to receive the plate. So I can't tell you about the lobster, I can tell you that the shrimp scampi, (well, I'm not sure about that either. )He brought my dining partner a small bowl of shrimp scampi that was Gluten Free and we kept wondering if we were supposed to share that, or did he forget that I was Gluten Free, too? There were 6 shrimp in that one little bowl for the both of us, we think...

What can I say. Food was unremarkable, portions of grains were ample, seafood was hit and miss as far as whether you got a bite of lobster or if you got a lot of the seafood medley. Out of all the dishes served, everyone at the table seemed to like the seafood medley the most. Perhaps because there was a ton of it? We all were able to get seconds of that.

So food was mezz a mezz, Gluten free was all but lost, the crowd was wonderful, the dancing, the singing, the clapping, the conga line around the restaurant.. the whole social part of it reminded me of a cruise ship and we were all partying until we went back to our state rooms and collapsed.

Dinner was about 3 hours +. *** When we arrived at the table, there was a bottle of Pelegrino water. We were not told it would cost extra, so we kept asking for another bottle.. Weren't we surprised to see $15 in water on our bill.. Someone could have whispered to us, "There's an extra charge for bottled water, Maam."

The whole concept is awesome.. Family dining, but I wish there had been more than 1 lobster tail for 8 people.. By the time the Risotto got to me, I would have loved to have tasted a piece of lobster!! Maybe the lobster tail was just a garnish on the plate.. I'm just not sure.

Would I do this again? Not me, but I would suggest it to people. This is perfect for meeting new people, dancing in the isles and just being social beings.
Remember that Chef Nick has to please all palates so spicing is minimal..
Enjoy it for what it is.

• Visited December 2011