“Incredible Little Get-away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin
Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm
Ranked #2 of 8 Franklin B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I went here for a quick getaway and were looking for a relaxing weekend. I had no expectations before arriving since the location of our getaway was a surprise to me. The inn was beyond anything I could have expected. The attention to detail was unbelievable. We arrived late on a Friday evening and had a welcome letter waiting for us at the front door. The instructions for entering the inn and getting to our room were incredibly detailed and much appreciated. As we ventured up the stairs to our room, I could feel the stress of life exiting my body since this place was so warm and inviting. We opened the door to our room to discover fresh cookies and bottled water waiting on our bed that was already turned down for us. We stayed in the Virginia room which offered incredible views of the countryside. The large windows were gorgeous and so nice to crawl up in the bed and look out. Saturday morning we greatly enjoyed our breakfast of a Harvest Egg dish that included potatoes and topped with tomatoes and basil. On the side were the most amazing tea biscuits and a warm carrot spiced muffing with a beautiful garnish. Juices and coffee were offered as well. My husband really enjoyed the house blend of coffee that was offered. Anna, who prepared the meals was very gracious and a perfect hostesses. The Inn Keepers popped in later during breakfast to welcome us and answer any questions we had. They each took time to give directions to our destinations and offer up suggestions for things to do. That evening we returned to a beautifully lit home that again welcomed us and made us feel at home. We opted to watch movies (which the booklet said were housed in the office, but are now offered on Apple TV). We had an issue with accessing the movies, but Norman was very quick to come up and assist us with the issue. It was resolved within moments. Sunday morning we enjoyed Irish Oatmeal served in a brulee style accompanied by cinnamon toast and fruit as well as a banana nut muffin. I don't love oatmeal, but I really enjoyed our meal.

The Virginia room was incredibly spacious. The bathrooms were large and very clean. The library was inviting and engaging. The sitting areas were so comfortable. We loved our two days here at Butterfly Meadow and look to be back in the future. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. It will not disappoint.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had our wedding at Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm this Oct (2013) and it was beautiful! My husband and I, along with our family stayed at the Inn and everyone was so pleased with the accomodations and the beautiful setting. We could not have asked for a more beautiful locations for our wedding. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the breakfast that is cooked in the mornings is an added bonus....it was delicious! The rooms are so spacious and comfortable as well as the bathrooms. We had plenty of room for our reception in the meeting room and the outdoor setting for our wedding was just absolutely perfect. I was so happy with our wedding and our stay and I highly recommend a visit and stay for anyone travelling to the Middle TN area.

Room Tip: There is not a fitness center for the B & B but you are surrounded by beauty and it is the perfe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had an opportunity to lead a meeting at Butterfly Meadows. The meeting room was spacious and very bright. There were couches for relaxed discussion. The Inn is spotless and just lovely. The rest of the group spent the night and raved about their dinner and the comfort of the rooms. I hope to get back for an overnight stay soon!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at premium B&B's from Maine to California, with most being listed in Select Registry. We can now add Butterfly Meadows to our list of favorites. My husband kept saying, "...so much attention to detail" which, for me, meant, "...so much consideration to our guests comfort". We reserved both Virginia's and Anna's rooms, as my mother and father were traveling with us. The rooms were VERY spacious and elegantly decorated, as was the bath. I was amazed at how they were able to capture the old farmhouse feel in a relatively new facility. The place was pristine! Since we consider the "B" for "breakfast" just as important as the B for bed, we were not disappointed; the chef's love for her craft came through in the beautiful presentation of truly scrumptious meals. We were delighted with the location. The drive to the inn from Franklin was lovely, and as we drove up the winding drive we were greeted by, not one doe and her fawn, but TWO pair of mom and baby!!! When we stopped to watch as the deer slowly walked up the hill next to the driveway, two bunnies hopped across the road. The wildlife sightings were further appreciated the following morning as we watched the birds and butterflies while enjoying our coffee on the porch. The inn keepers at Butterfly Meadow truly have the gift of hospitality and we are blessed to have experienced their generosity.

Room Tip: I think Virginia's and Anna's rooms are the largest, but I suspect they are all quite spacio...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JJTFL
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with 2 people and just felt nickel and dimed. Stayed in the suite off of the main house and made a reservation over the phone in the late afternoon of same day arrival on a whim. Called and got Darleen. You'd think with no other guests that there would be some flexibility but no. She charged us for a 3rd person in the suite! Come on now. The facilities are alright. Breakfast was not my scene. Place is too removed. Nothing around. Just not my idea of a great place. It's just OK. Won't be back but I'm sure it works for older crowd knitting and all.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank FLYTHEAISLE
NashvilleButterfly, Owner at Butterfly Meadows Inn and Farm, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

While we appreciate all feedback from our guests, this one has us baffled. We have never had a guest stay that matches the criteria given here for October 2012 or any other date since we have been open: a last minute reservation in our Carriage House suite, for one night, with 3 guests. We are left to wonder at the motivation of a virtual review of a virtual stay.

We would like to clarify for potential guests that our inn is a new construction modern farmhouse with state of the art amenities. As a full service inn, we offer our guests an all inclusive B&B stay with their reservation. Our full plated breakfast menu varies daily and is best described as a gourmet country breakfast. A breakfast-to-go box is also offered as an option if it best fits into your plans. Everyone here is dedicated to providing exemplary customer service and will strive to customize each guest's experiences. We also offer additional services and products, with options including a picnic to go, dinner on site, flowers, spa services, etc. and even adding an additional guest to some suites instead of having to book a separate room if that is the most comfortable option for your travel.

We are conveniently located just minutes from Franklin, TN and downtown Nashville, TN. Once you have arrived, you will feel that you are in a private & secluded site, as we are surrounded by acres of woods and meadows. You will feel that it is the best of both worlds ~ minutes to everything AND quiet & peaceful. We tell folks you can see the "stars" in town and sleep under the stars here on the ridge.

The profile of our guests is varied but people of all ages are finding at Butterfly Meadows Inn, why a B&B is a "better way to stay". Several younger crowd converts have stated we have been their first B&B experience and have spoiled them for all others! And while we have never had a knitting crowd, we are certain that younger or older, they would find our motto "Relax ~ Breathe ~ Create" to be quite true. It's a special place for creating special memories. We do hope if your plans will have you driving the actual roads of middle Tennessee, you will stop by for a visit and an experience to write home about.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our second stay. We go here for our anniversary now. Everything was excellent. Made arrangements for dinner the evening of our arrival with them. They were accommodating to our gluten free food allergy needs. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: Virginia's Room was nice being just off the library.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert F
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The deer just by the track as we drove up the hill to Butterfly Meadows was the first of many treats in this top class B&B. A little tricky to find and probably more expensive than most expect to pay for a B&B but very well worth it in both respects. A beautiful purpose built house with great attention to detail. The bedroom was spacious and bright with a welcoming tray holding water and a jar of freshly baked cookies. The ensuite bathroom was spotless and spacious. This, and the walk-in shower cubicle would be helpful for anyone with a disability. There was even a lift, perfect for luggage and big enough for a wheelchair. Although it is not possible to buy alcohol we were able to bring some in and we had a glass in the lovely library lounge upstairs. There are hundreds of books to choose from. We just wished we had more time to spend a day just sitting on the veranda relaxing and rocking on one of the chairs there.
Breakfast is at a set time, 9am. The food is freshly cooked and plentiful. The staff are very friendly and keen to please. Indeed the whole ethos of Butterfly Farm is to please and they do it very well. Darleen and two staff saw us off at 7am with tea, coffee and a lunchbox to go. The service here is second to none!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple