“Terrible Excuse For Cajun Food”

cajun steamer bar & grill
Ranked #49 of 377 Restaurants in Franklin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone 615.435.3074
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our third time to eat here and our last. It started out ok the first two times but was absolutely inexcusably terrible on this last visit. The peel and eat shrimp had no flavor. The shrimp were already peeled and over cooked. I ordered the "jumbo" shrimp platter. The shrimp were 40 count and the stuffed shrimp were by far the worst I've ever had. Service was average. I read some reviews that call this place excellent or very good. Must be friends of the restaurant or maybe they have never had descent Cajun food. My disappointment meter is off the charts!

3  Thank cooley65
There are newer reviews for cajun steamer bar & grill

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Cajun Steamer has easily become my go to restaurant when I am in the Franklin area. The atmosphere is casual and laid-back with a touch of NOLA decor.

Simply put, the food is very good! The Stuffed Shrimp appetizer is full of flavor with a nice portion of crab meat in the stuffing. Melvin's Blackened Chicken, Catfish & Fried Shrimp, Crawfish Etouffee and the Corn and Crab Bisque are all favorites.

Don't be surprised when you can't help but watch as tables around you dive into their trays of Boiled Crawfish (Seasonal) or Snow Crab Legs Clusters. There are feasts going on all around you!

Service is accommodating (average).

NASHVILLE NAVIGATOR TIP:
I order an "open kitchen" small serving of just crab meat and mix it in Corn and Crab Bisque... oh yeah!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Love, love the gumbo. We come back often and have brought many friends. Some from out of state who wish we could ship the gumbo to them!

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Very casual and laid back atmosphere! Enjoyable place to relax and spend time eating a Cajun meal. We tried several of the dishes as this was our first time. We had crawfish etoufee, shrimp gumbo, red beans and rice with sausage, fried green tomatoes.... and, if that was not filling enough.... we topped it off with their version of bread pudding for dessert. All the dishes were good. Our waitress was very helpful and attentive. Over-all experience...very good. Would go back.
Very conveniently located off Carothers Parkway in Franklin Tennessee. Open on Sunday.

1  Thank LyndaLee011
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I went to Cajun Steamer's for lunch yesterday and enjoyed our meals. My wife had the grilled shrimp po boy and I had the jambalaya. Along with her sandwich she substituted the included side for a cup of seafood gumbo (there was a up-charge). The sandwich and gumbo were just like you'd get in LA; flavorful with just the right amount of Cajun spice. I had the jambalaya and the flavor was great. My only complaint is there was scant little chicken and sausage in the dish. They don't charge very much for it but I'd rather pay a little more and get more of that great chicken and sausage with the rice. We'll be going back for dinner and cold beer sometime soon.

1  Thank Carl M