“World traveller's wonderful experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was on my usual around the world trip, tired of unpleasant stay at new York, had seen the rating to be 3.1 before arriving. As I entered bright colored lobby, warm welcome, friendly attendants and spacious room/property (unlike Europe/newyork) and above all close to all kinds of stores yet backdrop of a small town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Thank Venkatesha Pras... H

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I left my pillow.....30 minutes after I left....we called and planned on getting the standard comment "it's been thrown away--sorry",but no. It got better--I got Deidre. I told her my problem that I'm on my way to Florida and would have to get on way back in week. She said "how bout I ship it to your Florida vacation? WOW.....REALLLY .....FOR ME?? Deidre made it happen, and I slept so much better. It was an expensive Tempurpedic pillow. I now know this---when Deidre moves one day, hopefully to Indianapolis, I'll hire her!!!! Your awesome! Paul St.Pierre, Greenwood, IN

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul S
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Reviewed April 23, 2014

It was older but renovated. The front desk was always available and helpful. Our sink was plugged & refrigerator did not work upon check-in, but they were fixed. When I could not sleep during the night due to my husband's restless legs, the desk provided me (2 am) extra blankets-comforters to put on the floor to make a cushy bed to use....the desk clerk even helped me carry them upstairs! The beds were comfortable just not what I am used to....I have coil springs and these beds were memory foam. The breakfast was exceptional -yum! The hotel was near any shopping needs. All in all, a "nice" experience.

Room Tip: We stayed away from elevators or ice machines.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

It was a great weekend get away visiting Nashville! The HGI in Franklin was an ideal place to relax. The staff was very accommodating and polite; they went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The breakfast was very good and in a pleasant ambiance. We had a wonderful corner room with lots of sunshine and room to relax. The surrounding area of Franklin is filled with shops and restaurants to explore. And downtown Nashville is an easy 15 minute drive on the nearby highway. Was great to go in and enjoy Nashville and retreat to the peace and quiet of Franklin afterwards.

Room Tip: Upper floor, away from street noise, corner room preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed at this HGI many times and was very diappointed with my stay this time. The fridge didn't work, the ice machine on the 3rd floor didn't work, the TV had issues with the ABC channel and the water pressure was horrilbe. I reported the fridge not working they had their maintenance guy come and look at it, he got it working but it quit after a few hours. The lobby was beautiful, my room was really showing it's age, lots of ware. The staff was very pleaseant, they gave me a free breakfast coupon which did me no good since I had to leave at 6:30 am for my meetings. I didn't feel the hotel was worth the money this trip, there are a lot of hotels in the area, I'll probably look around and try a different one next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Great property with very courteous staff! We found our new half way home between our families (SC and IL). The only area to improve upon is making sure bath towels are in the room prior to check in. I would definitely recommend and will stay again.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and will get on that towel issue. We appreciate your honesty.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Ok I'm the sister in the other room (see martisparti review) and yes there was some sort of flying bugs in my room one each day. Maybe 3/4 inch in size. After the 2nd occurrence hotel mgmt. offered 1 night free, 3 occurrence free breakfast. These were not roaches but some sort of flying bug I have not seen before. Housekeeping can verify as they came up and got bug #3. Did not rest well because I was worried about bugs. One other thing thermostat was hard to control Here's what I did like. Hotel was clean, property well maintained (other than noted above), free hot coffee in the lobby each morning including weekend. Keurig in the room with free Kcups (and higher end Kcups for $ in the lobby). Breakfast was great-restaurant staff excellent. Close to all kinds of restaurants and shopping. So if critters don't bother you then you'll like this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for being such an active reviewing traveler. We do appreciate the comments and I am happy to report we have had no further occurances of flying bugs since that unfortunate visit. Of course that is a constant focus for us, it is very important to give everyone peace of mind. As travelers do read trip advisor reviews we try to respond and let everyone know what is important to you , is important to us as well. Appreciate your comments, thank you so much.