“Perfect experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Calhoun, United States
“Perfect experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Each time I stay at this hotel, I feel like I'm visiting friends. The front office staff is very professional, helpful and friendly. My room is always immaculate, and comfortable. It's situated in a great area for shopping and a short distance from Nashville's downtown. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for superior service while in the Nashville area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your review and comments. Please be our guest again soon. If there is anything we could have done that would have made your stay with us more enjoyable we are always open for suggestions. Your comments and time are much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kingston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Everything was great except for the bed & pillows. Adjustable bed was horrible & the pillows were flat. Other than that it was great! The room was clean, the temp control was easy to adjust & the hotel was more than nice. The meeting room & breakfast were wonderful! Very attentive staff during the breakfast. Willing to help any way possible. Would probably stay here again if I had another conference available to attend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the comments, we appreciate your time. It is always nice to hear from our guests, even if there are areas we need to improve. We will get new pillow and are replacing beds to a more traditional experience. I do hope for your next meeting we have those new items so you have a wonderful sleep experience. Again, our sincere thank you.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I just stayed two nights at this property. The hotel was nice and very clean. Our room was clean - nothing special for the type of property/price. It had a microwave and refrigerator which was nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside would be the bed. They have mattresses which you can make more soft/firm. I found them to be uncomfortable and I'm not sure the soft/firm control does anything. One side of the bed was flat and the other was concave. I think the traditional mattress is a better choice. Perhaps we just had a bad one. Otherwise the stay was good. We didn't eat at the restaurant and they did not offer a free breakfast with the room.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I totally understand the bed situation and wanted to let you know that we are taking the opportunity to replace our GSS beds with new traditional mattresses. Our hotel is only 4 years old but we find that more guests do not like them so we are making a change. I can only apologize and ask if we did not have the opportunity to take care of you before you departed please contact us so we can make it right. We do offer wonderful bed & breakfast rates for the future that give you a nice 50% off discount off of the breakfast buffet if you purchase in your room rate. Great savings! Also, if you join the Hilton Honors Travel Program your loyalty benefits do offer breakfast benefits.
LaGrange, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

There are better hotels in the area. This one has a sewer smell once you enter the lobby and stale smelling rooms. The breakfast and dinner were both good services during my stay. Food cooked to order and room service is available. But the rooms need to improve. The bathroom was not as clean as good as it should have been and smelled like it was cleaned with a sour cloth. Toilet was not anchored to the floor and mold growing in bathtub grout...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I can't express a more sincere apology for the lack of cleanliness you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we have solved the odd smell issue as it was a mystery to our management staff which has been resolved. There are some construction mysteries that take a little time to find and fix,but we had an odd ventilation system that needed to be re-routed. We are all so happy as it vexed us all for a few weeks. As for the bathroom, we will find out which attendent needs more training and get that fixed too. Thank you for sharing, I hope you gave us the opportunity to make you happy before you left our hotel, if not please give us a call so we can make it right. Again our apologies.
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is a typical Hilton Garden Inn, but the bed mattressess were as hard as stone. Staff said mattresses were adjustable, but they are not. This hotel has very old mattresses that need changing for newer pillowtop mattresses. I barely go any sleep as a guest.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear that our 4 year old mattresses disappointed your. They are tricky to adjust sometimes. I know it doesn't help your experience but we do hear our guests comments and have begun the process of replacing the GSS beds with a different mattress choice to give you an enjoyable sleep experience in the future. We do offer a 100% satsifaction promise and I hope we were able to take care of you before you departed. Often times our travelers do not communicate to us that they were not happy before they depart, we hope that as you travel if you are not happy you do give the hotel a chance to make it right before you leave. We like to take care of our guests when they are with us so they leave knowing we cared and tried our best to make their stay enjoyable. I apologize for your mattress experience and hope you will give us a try in the future.
Manchester, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Have stayed here several times for business, went here in late October with friends for vacation. We were in four rooms before finding ones that we could sleep in. Had reserved two Junior Suites, only to learn that the only suites were at the elevators, I do not want to hear people and elevators all night. The rooms we were moved to smelled strongly of mold/mildew and we could not stay in them. The room we finally accepted smelled okay only as long as the AC was running, otherwise it had a bad smell. I do not remember these issues from my earlier stays? Our room was noisy--we heard the man next door, coughing, talking on his phone, his TV and his early morning alarm clock. I have never stayed in a HGI that had noise issues between rooms? The bed was very uncomfortable, with an added pillow top pad that did not even reach to the head of the bed?
The staff was wonderful, the wait staff was wonderful, the breakfast food was very well done.
The management offered us a discount on both rooms which was acceptable and proper, our issues for our visit were well handled (but not solved).
I will try another hotel in this area upon my next business visit, too many other choices to return to these types of problems that cannot easily be solved. I am a fan of HGI and have never submitted a negative review on any of them so this is surprising to me to be writing this one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are so sorry your experience was not up par. This is not acceptable and I am glad to see that our service was a high point in your visit. That means we are doing something right and we can work no those other challenges. Thank you for taking the time to share, even though it may have not all been great news, we do appreciate your honesty and promise we will get it right. Please be our guest again in the future and let us show you our true HGI side. Sorry about the coughing neighbor, we could have sent him some cough drops :)
Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently booked five rooms at this hotel for a trip with my high school cross country team. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly from start to finish. They made certain that everything went smoothly. They were able to handle my payment method efficiently, even though it was probably different than a typical situation. The hotel was clean and inviting.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for the nice comments. We do appreciate when our happy guests share too. We try very hard to satisfy all of our visitors, unfortunately we don't always hear the wonderful experiences. Much appreciated. I hope your team had a great competition. Please be our guests again soon.