“Not the best experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The exterior of the hotel, and even the lobby, seems nice when you first walk up. However, there was a notice on the door that they were renovating while we were there. The staff was fairly friendly, but when we got inside the room we started noticing things. First of all, we decided to take a shower and were a little surprised that the floor of the shower moves, shakes, and bounces. Spooky! What was even scarier was the strange chemical odor seeping from the vents and punching you in the nose periodically. It was actually quite nauseating but we only noticed it in the sitting room area (we stayed in a suite). I was able to deal with all of this and even the fact that the hot tub in the community pool area didn't work. But then, on the last night we stayed, the bed sheets pulled away from the corner of the mattress. The top of the mattress had separated and they placed an egg crate (?) foam topper inside. Beyond scary and disgusting! YIKES! And the bed was terribly uncomfortable. On a lighter note, Franklin is a beautiful city. Just wish I hadn't wasted my 60K Hilton Points on this place. I saved for those all year. :-(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Wow that sounds like you need your Hilton Honors points back for sure, please contact the hotel so we can issue you points back to use for a much more pleasant experience. We are so sorry for all of the issues. Those Garden Sleep System beds are very interesting, they are made of several layers. They are called GSS Beds. Just wanted to let you know that those are very high end beds made for comfort, unfortunately the layers may have seemed unusual and we are sorry they spoked you. We will certainly investigate the smell and shower floor. Was the whirlpool out of order on your stay or was it just that ours does not produce big bubbles as it is setup to be a gentle circulation. We may need to adjust the air directions to be more obvious, you are not the first person to think it didn't work because of the circulation being underwater. I will ask our Chief Engineer to address immediately. Again, if you can please call us we want to give your points back and discuss with you if you would like to give us a second chance. We have king rooms with whirlpool baths that you may find more enjoyable. Our deepest apologies for your experience.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've long been fans of this location, as it's close to Nashville and Brentwood, but still in an area that's quiet and well-maintained. The hotel, which is less than 5 years old, is spotless, with comfortable beds and wonderful service. A must-stay for your next trip to the area. We consider no other location when we visit.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. Our staff really appreciates it when our guests share their thoughts so other travelers will learn how friendly we are and look forward to being our guests as well. Thank you and we hope you will be our guest again really soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice looking and comfortable room. Breakfast service provided by staff was outstanding, but food quality did not meet expectations. Staff took over 1.5 hrs to check for lost glasses in room while we waited to leave town. There was no notice that the whirlpool in our reserved room was under maintenance until we checked in. Everything else was sold out in Franklin, TN, so we had no choice but to accept another room, thinking the hotel hot tub would be sufficient. That assumption was wrong, as the hot tub was not nearly warm enough and the jets were very weak. The cable tv video quality was bad even though it was a nice HDTV.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

After having an asthma attack triggered by a horrible chemical smell in the 1st room we were given, I ended up with a chewed up leg from chiggers in the room. The beds were difficult to adjust. The check-in lady acted like she didn't give a hoot. The restaurant staff was excellent for breakfast and the food was good. The check-out guy was ok but "couldn't do anything because we prepaid our 2 rooms."

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so sorry you had issues with your recent visit. I have spoken to our management team and understand they have already worked with you regarding your experiences. Please accept my apology for your visit not being satisfactory. We do pride ourselves on guest service and know that we have investigated the situation to resolve any challenges that may have occurred during your visit. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to uphold our 100% Satisfaction Promise!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have stayed twice at this property. After a little bit of difficulty on the first visit, I made sure to give them another shot because the manager went out of his way to remedy the situation when he became aware of it. I figured that ethic earned them a second stay, and while I don't regret that, I still think there's some room for improvement.

In the broad strokes, this property is a nice place to stay -- very convenient to both historic Franklin and the newer attractions in the Franklin/Cool Springs area. It is situated in such a way that it is not right on top of any traffic, the parking lot seems secure, and it's even within walking distance of several dining choices. The indoor pool is nice, the dining area has plenty of seating, and the wait staff there are very attentive.

The same employee checked me in on each of my visits. For whatever reason, the first room that I was given did not match my reservation, but he quickly made the adjustment and got me into the appropriate room -- I was worried that there might be limited availability because there were multiple wedding parties on site. This was the first of two system glitches that affected my stay, as the computer reflected the wrong Hilton Honors category for us as well -- Hilton was upgrading their reservation system that weekend, so perhaps that affected things. But when I asked for that the overnight desk clerk check on our status, she reluctantly gave me the breakfast voucher that we should have been given at check in -- I got the impression she thought I was lying.

The remote in my room didn't work, and I didn't realize that until after I'd put on my pajamas, so I didn't bother to take it down to the desk. The shower head in my room only worked on the center setting -- didn't adjust as it should have. But all in all, it was a clean room (apart from a stain on the sleeper sofa).

I'd be willing to go back, but with the large number of options in the area, it won't necessarily be my first choice. I'll probably check out some of the other hotels and see how they compare.

One note -- in spite of the HGI's claim that the beds are adjustable, I've never been able to detect a difference between one setting or another. In general, I'd call the beds firmer than most, but I do prefer that to a saggy bed, so it's okay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing, we will certainly be looking into the items you mentioned. It is through these type of comments that we learn where our areas of improvement are and we thank you. Our hotel is very busy on weekends with all kinds or family events including weddings. We are always delighted to share in these celebrations! I do hope you will come back and allow us to show you we do follow-up on all of these comments to ensure each visit is satisfactory. We do aim for WOW but sometimes we find there are areas of improvement. Thank you for helping us get to WOW.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My grown children had Hilton points to get room. Hotel was ok, but had some smells. Desk service was good. Liked walk in shower! Room was good! Might choose another hotel next time. Just ok! Loved area! Walked to Dunkin Donuts! Breakfast not included!

• Stayed: September 2013
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you we hope you enjoyed your celebration while you were in Franklin, TN. Please be our guests again very soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This Hilton was very nice, especially for the price. The proximity to downtown is not good, but the bar and all hotel staff are great. Across the street there are a few places to go if you need to go out in the evenings. I would recommend staying here while in Nashville for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind comments, we appreciate your taking time to share your experience. Please be our guests again soon.