Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersGold level
“As expected”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Made a quick weekend trip to Franklin and stayed here overnight. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Everything was as expected I have never had a bad eperience at HGI. Would reccomend this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback regarding your recent visit to Franklin. We hope you will be our guest again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
northwest indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Have stayed in the Cool Springs area in other hotels and have always been pleased. Decided to try HGI because of the affordable cost. Staff was attentive and hotel was visually pleasing. Was given a room on the 1st floor. Upon entering, was hit by a strange musty smell, and carpet seemed wet. I have asthma and knew this could be an issue. Returned to front desk and nicely asked for a different room. Clerk was very accommodating and changed our room. Unfortunately, the 2nd room also smelled of mildew and carpet again seemed wet. Husband and I had plans that evening and did not have time to move to yet another room or a different hotel. Will not stay here in future. Will gladly pay a bit more for the Aloft down the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI N, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We are very sorry you did not have a pleasant experience while staying at our location, we do strive to make every guests visit enjoyable. Our management team will be reaching out to you to to discuss these concerns. It is only through our guests feedback that we learn of areas that need improvement. We pride ourselves on fixing challenges while our guests are with us, so you leave our hotel with pleasant memories. I am sorry we were unable to help while you were with us. We hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

After a week in a hell-hole of a garden inn at BWI Maryland, this hotel exceeded our expectations and restored what we know of Hilton Hotels! Rooms were clean, staff was polite, food was good and we felt welcomed! I wish we had stayed at this location instead of the other! I highly recommend!!

• Stayed June 2012
We love the WOW Factor ! Thank you for your kindness. We are so pleased that our hotel restored your confidence in HGI hotels. Come back soon to Franklin, Tennessee!
Reviewed June 8, 2012

As a business traveler, many hotels just sort of blend into one another. If anything, the rooms are notable not so much for their comfort, but the lack of comfort and service. That's why I am so pleased to be able to offer a very positive review for the Hilton Garden Inn in Franklin, TN.

First, the location is great. It is very close to any number of great restaurants. Also, the Cool Springs Galleria, which is a nicely upscale shopping mall is just minutes away. Franklin as a town has a lot of charm and I would encourage you to go downtown and enjoy the atmosphere of the place.

As to the hotel itself, it is wonderfully designed with a lot of light and airiness to it. The front desk are very accomodating, helpful and very cheery. Everyone greets you from the moment you walk through the door and it never seemed, to me anyway, that it felt forced or required.

The rooms are very nice with flat screen TV's, adjustable sleep number beds and a great assortment of both firm and soft pillows. The walls appear to be quite thick as I couldn't hear any of my neighbors and, judging by their lack of banging on the walls, they couldn't hear me either.

The bathrooms are nice with great water pressure in the showers. They aren't cramped or needlessly small.

Of particular note was the breakfast buffet. For a very reasonable $9.95, the buffet has everything from fresh fruit (including my personal favorite, fresh pineapple), all sorts of juices, coffee, pastries, toast, english muffins and, best of all, cooked to order omelets, pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy (if you're not from the South, don't ask, just try them, lol).

The breakfast area is attended by several very cheery and pleasant servers. Of these, I would like to offer my sincere compliments to Christa. Of the many, many years I have been travelling for work I have stayed in (literally hundreds) of hotels. She is, in all sincerity, among the top 1% of the servers I have ever had the great good fortune to deal with in these sort of areas. She never seemed particularly flustered or annoyed with anyone. She was cheery without being false. She remembered my name each morning, when often I couldn't remember my own, lol. What a fabulous employee. To the management of the HGI, I can assure you that you are not paying her enough because someone as good at her job as she is, is really priceless.

This was a great place to stay and, if I need to stay in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Levon61
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed for four nights and enjoyed our stay. The look of the hotel is upscale and very modern but still warm and inviting. People at the desk were helpful and nice. The patio is outstanding and wish more hotels would follow this design. Our king room was very nice but on the small side which didn't seem to bother us because everything else was fantastic. Even the A/C unit was quiet compared to other hotels. Complimentary coffee in the morning and we just went over to Dunkin Donuts (just in front of hotel) and bought bagels since our time was limited. Breakfast at the hotel is around $10. By the way their dining room is also very nice. The location is also great with nice restaurants and stores all around the area. A Walgreen store is close in case you forgot to pack your toothbrush. A nice central locations for all sites in the Nashville area. This hotel would be our first choice if we ever return to Nashville. Thanks Hilton Garden Inn for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Fifth floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TripBuddy278
Thank you for the details. As a traveler it is always nice to hear from other travelers who can offer great information about places you are considering. We hope others will gain valuable insight from your comments. Thank you very much, we do hope to see you again very soon in Franklin, Tennessee.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on our long drive from Akron, OH to Destin, FL. Franklin, TN is about the halfway point, so we stopped and did a quick search for hotels and picked this one. We got a pretty good last minute deal on hotels.com. The service was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. I'm a huge germ-a-phobe and these rooms were surprisingly clean. We ordered pizza and salad from room service that night and In the morning, they have a nice little breakfast buffet that isn't too costly. Both the pizza and breakfast were pretty decent for hotel food and it was nice to not have to worry about leaving the hotel figuring out where to eat after driving for like 10 hours straight. And in the morning, we just went downstairs and had a big breakfast to prepare for another 9 hours of drive time. Great coffee too! After spending a week in Destin, we booked a room here for the drive home since we both liked it. They remembered us on our way back and the people working there were very nice and friendly. The only thing that wasn't great was the bed. We both thought it was very uncomfortable but aren't most hotel beds anyways? If we return to Destin next year, I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IslandDreamer82
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Franklin, TN. When we entered the lobby, I was pleasantly impressed with the cleanliness of the entire area. The furnishings were clean, fresh, and welcoming and made me feel right at home. The desk clerk, Chardae, was friendly and helpful as she answered all my questions with the utmost patience. When we went to our room, again I was impressed with the cleanliness and welcoming decor I encountered there. The housekeeping was impeccable throughout the hotel and obviously could pass any "white glove" test! I commend the housekeeping department for making sure everything is top notch to please the clientele.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple