“Moldy Smelling room, was horrible, desk clerk did not care. Breakfast was terrible.”

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Expected more from this chain. I travel a lot, rarely if ever get a smelly room. I was looking for rotten food or something dead under bed. Room 303-avoid. Will never try HGI again.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Trakba
martit, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

I am so sorry you had a bad experience with the smell during your stay. Please accept my apology for this and know we have investigated the issue with our housekeeping dept. and engineer to make sure there are no issues that may have contributed to this smell. Our General Manager is contacting you directly to discuss your satisfaction. I do hope you will give us another try, and again am so sincerely sorry for your experience with us.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I recently stayed at the new Hilton Garden Inn of Cool Springs near the Village of Franklin, Tennessee. The Village of Franklin is an upscale residential community about 20 miles south of Nashville directly off the interstate highway within the area's scenic rolling hills. Several upscale shopping malls and historic civil war historic preservation sites are nearby. For country music fans the hotel is about a half hour drive south of the fully restored "Grand Ole Opry" concert hall. The staff were very courteous, true southern hospitality. The rooms are modern and include a special feature, the bed's mattress firmness is user adjustable. Guests can "dial in" the amount of mattress firmness. This was the first time I've seen the "dial adjustable" mattress in a hotel and it's a welcome improvement in guest comfort. The mattress literally provides each guest with a set of "cool springs", (pardon the pun)! For sure the Franklin Garden Inn at Cool Springs is a great addition to southern Nashville, highly recommended, a great quality value hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us in Franklin. Hoping you will be our guest again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I think the title pretty much says it all. I was eating dinner at the bar area when a massive, horse-sized cockroach crawled out from behind the counter and scurried across the floor. I'm not normally squeamish, but I had to stop eating.

I walked over to the front desk and pointed out the roach to the clerk on call. He walked over, stomped on the bug, and kicked it behind the counter. Really?

Other than that, I found the hotel quite serviceable during my four night stay. Nothing spectacular, but nothing awful either. The front desk staff was quite friendly. The room was pretty nondescript.

Unfortunately, the image of the roach being stomped and kicked will not leave my mind. I'll be staying elsewhere the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
martit, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Franklin / Cool Spring, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Please accept our apologies for our unexpected pest during your visit. Our lobby area has many access points in which little unwelcomed visitors try very hard to enter our hotel. We do have our Pest Control partners visit us regularly to keep those little pests out. Occasionally one slips in un-invited and we have to dispose of them. Sorry you were witness to a rogue insect who slipped in the building. We are very concerned and called our Pest Control partners to come out immediately. Our employee's are vigilant in every attempt to keep our hotel free from un-invited visitors. Would like to invite you back for a better experience! Again our sincere apologies!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I travel to Franklin weekly for work and have enjoyed the friendliness and responsiveness of the lovely staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Franklin, TN. They greet me by name and I have gotten to know several staff members on a personal level. The staff are consistent with the service, hold on to bags each week and provide the service of delivering my bag to my weekly home in advance of my arrival. M y peers also recognize HGI as a home away from home thanks to the staff. Kudos to Matt, John, Michele, Madison, the lovely lady who greets me each morning (though i can't remember her name :(), Christina and her daughters and others! Heres to consistent and wonderful customer service!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for recognizing our wonderful staff. We are very pleased to say our employee's are the best in Franklin! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

This hotel was a perfect location for my almost 3 week stay in Franklin on business. Very friendly and accommodating staff, they provided all the comforts of home while making you feel on vacation. The hotel offers a bar/restaraunt, courtyard area with a fire pit, clean and well kept pool & gym, and the rooms are very cozy. I'll be staying here again in July 2011 and I'm actually looking forward to my next business trip!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We loved this hotel. Good location near mall and many good restaurants. Very clean, smelled good.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed July 1, 2011

In my opinion, this is probably the nicest hotel on the south side of Nashville. I recommend you get the bed and breakfast rate when you book the room, otherwise the breakfast buffett is a little expensive at $9.95 a person and $6.95 for kids. Also, there is a Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts, Walgreens, and many other stores, restaurants, and shops just in front of the hotel. Great location. Very safe. Very clean. Nice rooms. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 510.