“Great Residence Inn”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Ohio
“Great Residence Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a lovely hotel in a busy area, which made it a bit challenging to get into, but I'm glad we did. The room was quiet, attractively furnished, comfortable and nicely laid out, with lots of electrical outlets for our toys and good lighting. The kitchen was well equipped. We stayed in a handicap-accessible king studio, which was plenty of room for us. We had a roll-in shower with a fold down bench seat and that worked well for my husband. The king-bed was super comfy and both of us slept quite well.

I noticed that the hotel offered evening social hours Monday through Thursday, which is nice since some RI's are cutting back to a couple nights a week. Everyplace we went in the hotel was very clean.

The staff was always friendly and welcoming, which makes for a good stay. Terry at the front desk was very helpful with suggesting restaurants that delivered and made checking in pleasant and efficient.

Breakfast was typical of RI's, with good selections of hot and cold items. All is all, a delightful stay at a nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear OhioLinda,

Thank you for your fantastic response! We thank you for choosing us while visiting the area :)

We're happy that you enjoyed the hotel and had a nice experience with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

615-778-0002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is the first time staying in the Residence Inn Coold Springs Franklin. This is by far the best hotel I ever visited during a business trip. The room makes you feel at home at the moment you enter the room. Kitchen, desk to work, free internet without having to enter codes, a cautch, kingsize bed, proper badroom, kitchen table for two, coffee machine and well equiped kitchen, dishwasher, microwave oven, a fridge I would like to have at home, that big. A dutch television set and so and so on. Shopping nearby in the Cool Springs Gallery. Must admit that the jeans are a bit more expensive then in NY. Stilla good bargon compared to Holland.

Room Tip: There all good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris H
Dear Chris H.,

We are happy to hear that you chose us for your accommodations while visiting from Holland! Thank you for your great comments- we look forward to being your home away from home again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I went to Franklin, TN on business and stayed at this hotel Valentine's weekend. It was the most comfortable room I've ever had when traveling. The bed was comfy; the room was clean; loved having the sparkling clean kitchen; the indoor pool and spa were great; and everyone we had contact with from the hotel was friendly, helpful, and professional. Every area of the hotel we were in was spotless. We were so comfortable, we didn't want to leave! We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Our room was over the basketball court and I was afraid that would be a problem, but it wasn't...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JenniferLE
Dear Jennifer LE,

We are thrilled that we were your Valentines Day getaway! :) So pumped to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to comment- see you again soon!!

Dallas, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here over a four day period in January 2014 while on business travel. The hotel is conveniently located to multiple office parks, restaurants, and shopping centers. The Lobby is clean and warm with a large fireplace right as you walk in. Very nice as it was around 10 degrees outside when we arrived! The rooms were nice and comfortable and the kitchen was very clean and up to date. The only thing I didn't really care for was the couch, which was a bit uncomfortable. The internet speed was decent and the desk/work area was comfortable and had plenty of outlets available for laptop, cell phone, tablet, etc. Breakfast isn't bad, standard in hotel free breakfast sort of deal.

My only negative feedback would be on the check-in experience. The front desk clerk was not very friendly and did not seem to know what he was doing. Gave Medallion level keys, but never mentioned medallion status, etc. Which they normally do at any Marriott property. The remainder of my stay, the rest of the staff was always very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back my next stay in Franklin.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DrizztD
Dear DrizztD,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! I am glad to hear about your positive experience and will definitely forward your comments to the desk team as this will most definitely be a learning experience. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention and hope you choose us for a future stay, as we will most assuredly provide you with the legendary service that we're known for at this hotel. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can ever provide assistance.

Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

By far my favorite residence inn thus far. Everything was pristine and perfect! I will say it was a tad pricey (we had an additional $100 pet fee) but you get what you pay for! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear elk137,

Thank you for choosing the award-winning Residence Inn Franklin! We're happy that you had a fantastic stay with us and look forward to the opportunity to "wow" you again! :)

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I travel often as a consultant, and have certainly stayed at many Residence Inns around the country. This location in particular, albeit secluded proved to be one of my best stays within the Marriott Residence Inn brand. I do not always submit reviews for hotels stays, but I felt compelled to acknowledge the splendor of this property and it's personnel.

The room was the usual Marriott high standard, with well equipped kitchen and comfortable king bed. Prefect room for traveling business person, or a couple staying in the area for a few days.

Unfortunately this property does not equip each guest room with safes. This led me to store my valuables at the front desk. Mary Nash gladly secured my valuables and provided assurance my property would be safe.

Another perk at this property would be the evening socials which included Bud Lite on tap! Although I was only am to attend one social, I had a great time!

In general the service was amazing, especially that of Mary. She greeted me each morning by name with a warm smile and good tidings for the day! As a business traveler this degree of personalized service is invaluable and greatly appreciated!

I will definitely stay at this property again should I find myself in the Franklin area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank P0nomo
Dear P0nomo,

What a phenomenal review! Thank you for taking the time to do so- Mary is one of our brightest stars and is loved by the guests and her colleagues alike. I am glad you had the opportunity to acquaint yourself with her and I will gladly pass along your compliments.

Have safe travels and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Franklin!

Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family (wife and 2 kids) had a little Staycation at the Residence Inn. Our sprinkler line busted and flooded our house so our insurance company put us up in a 2 bedroom suite. We stayed here for about a week. Upon arriving, we spotted a fire truck at the hotel as their sprinkler line near the entrance busted too. Needless to say, the hotel quickly cleaned up and made the area presentable. We also received a letter from the manager apologizing about it.
The two bedrooms were spacious. We also had a fully stocked kitchen. The hotel was relatively clean and the staff were friendly. The hotel changed the breakfast daily so it never felt stale. On another positive note, it looks like the hotel offers free nightly dinners too. We'll I'm pretty sure it was free???
The last bit of information I'll provide is that the hotel is "pet friendly". You can take that as a positive or negative.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mrlyn101,

Hello from Franklin! Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your previous stay with us- yes it was shocking that we had pipes burst (especially as we were accommodating guests who were fleeing the same issue!).

Please let us know if we can ever be of future service!