“Great property with professional and attentive staff”

Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great property with professional and attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I travel often as a consultant, and have certainly stayed at many Residence Inns around the country. This location in particular, albeit secluded proved to be one of my best stays within the Marriott Residence Inn brand. I do not always submit reviews for hotels stays, but I felt compelled to acknowledge the splendor of this property and it's personnel.

The room was the usual Marriott high standard, with well equipped kitchen and comfortable king bed. Prefect room for traveling business person, or a couple staying in the area for a few days.

Unfortunately this property does not equip each guest room with safes. This led me to store my valuables at the front desk. Mary Nash gladly secured my valuables and provided assurance my property would be safe.

Another perk at this property would be the evening socials which included Bud Lite on tap! Although I was only am to attend one social, I had a great time!

In general the service was amazing, especially that of Mary. She greeted me each morning by name with a warm smile and good tidings for the day! As a business traveler this degree of personalized service is invaluable and greatly appreciated!

I will definitely stay at this property again should I find myself in the Franklin area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank P0nomo
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear P0nomo,

What a phenomenal review! Thank you for taking the time to do so- Mary is one of our brightest stars and is loved by the guests and her colleagues alike. I am glad you had the opportunity to acquaint yourself with her and I will gladly pass along your compliments.

Have safe travels and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Franklin!

David
615-778-0002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family (wife and 2 kids) had a little Staycation at the Residence Inn. Our sprinkler line busted and flooded our house so our insurance company put us up in a 2 bedroom suite. We stayed here for about a week. Upon arriving, we spotted a fire truck at the hotel as their sprinkler line near the entrance busted too. Needless to say, the hotel quickly cleaned up and made the area presentable. We also received a letter from the manager apologizing about it.
The two bedrooms were spacious. We also had a fully stocked kitchen. The hotel was relatively clean and the staff were friendly. The hotel changed the breakfast daily so it never felt stale. On another positive note, it looks like the hotel offers free nightly dinners too. We'll I'm pretty sure it was free???
The last bit of information I'll provide is that the hotel is "pet friendly". You can take that as a positive or negative.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mrlyn101,

Hello from Franklin! Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your previous stay with us- yes it was shocking that we had pipes burst (especially as we were accommodating guests who were fleeing the same issue!).

Please let us know if we can ever be of future service!

David
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

As usual, my staying in a Residence Inn was Excellent,
Here Front Desk people, Cleaning Crew and Restaurant/Breakfast Crew are extremely efficient and proactive!
I do plan to return here in future since quality is so High here!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Flavioloso
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Flavioloso,

Thank you for your response! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon! I will share your responses with my team!

Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

As a Platinum Elite member, I have stayed in many, many Marriotts. Residence Inns had always left me cold--they were dingy, sketchy and poorly maintained. I really didn't want to stay here--but it was the only pet-friendly Marriott nearby AND an ice storm was approaching. I wasn't expecting anything beyond surly service, a dirty room and a gross night. And then I walked in...and was stunned. It was as if somebody had hidden a JW Marriott in a Residence Inn camouflage...

It really was a great stay. Service was amazing. The desk folks had a great rapport, and they were in a great mood--even though they were going to be staying in the hotel overnight due to the storm. And they set me up--met every annoying frequent-traveller request I had with a smile. The property was really well-located, with a lot of neat restaurants/brewpubs/etc. located a quick stroll away. Didn't need to get back in the car after checking in.

The room was fabulous--looked like it had been redone recently (and it was decorated far more tastefully than any Residence Inn I have seen). The exercise room was good, clean, and equipped with a new elliptical trainer I haven't seen before in a Marriott. Then the breakfast was...nice. I have had a lot worse in elite lounges in more upmarket
Marriotts.

This property totally changed my mind about Residence Inns. Keep making them (and placing the properties in little shopping/eating villages) like this property, and I'll be far more eager to try more Residence Inns!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Springboards
Dear Springboards,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience with us- we are thrilled to have changed your perception of the Residence Inn brand and look forward to impressing you each and every time you visit!

Have safe travels and we'll see you again soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has it all. I will always try to stay here. Very friendly staff and very comfortable clean rooms. Breakfast and dinner
Provided. Full kitchen with dining table, living room and private bedroom. This truly is a home away from home. You wont be disappointed if you stay here during your visit to Franklin.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Terry T,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Franklin! We are proud to be your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future! I'll be happy to share your comments with my team- thank you again!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nice hotel at a reasonable price. Accommodations where nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Front staff was a bit flat, but efficient and productive. No complaints and I would definitely stay here again if I was able to secure the same price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lindseyree,

Hello from Franklin! Thank you for your note- I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and experience with us!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Recent visit December 2013 was awful. Room was dirty and old looking even though it's only a four-year-old hotel. A wall was all scuffed up with black marks That I cannot believe was not painted. Carpet look dingy and dirty And my biggest problem was the air conditioner didn't work. My room was hot and muggy and I informed the front desk but was told it's cold out there's nothing they could do. The male staff member was actually rude about it too wasn't helpful other then telling me to reset the circuit breaker in my room. The unit seems like a 15-year-old piece of junk hard to believe it was in a four-year-old hotel. At this price I could've done way better and I ultimately just left the hotel and went down the block where I had no issues. Would never return here and would never recommend this hotel at this price go elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Goodfood212,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect with us- please call at your convenience to discuss (with me or our GM- TJ Angeleno) so that we can identify a way to rectify your experience with us.