WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am a "frequent flyer" at this hotel staying on average every other month since they first opened. I can't say enough good about it. As mentioned in other reviews the rooms are clean, fresh and modern. The staff is great (special kudos to Mary at the front desk who is a great ambassador for this place - I'm sorry I didn't get to see her on my latest stay this week). I travel extensively and stay over 50 nights a year in Marriott properties. This Residence Inn pretty much tops my favorites list. Even though it is not one of their fancy full service hotels, it has a comfortable, homey feeling that I really enjoy.

Oh, there is one downside...it has become so popular it is sometimes difficult to get a reservation here! For this reason, I almost regret writing such a good review for them since it might make them even BUSIER. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PhillyPod
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear PhillyPod,

Thank you for your kind comments!! Mary is our legendary rock-star- I'll happily pass this on! As far as making reservations- I suggest at least 2-3 weeks out (as you are able) as the pace really picks up within a few weeks or arrival.....we thank you for your loyalty and look forward to "wow"-ing you again soon!

Thank you!

615-778-0002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We love this place. The staff is always friendly. The location is wonderful and convenient. The pool, laundry room and exercise room are always clean and bright. The breakfast is well displayed, abundant and fresh. It is home away from home!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frankiepd282
Dear Frankiepd282,

We love to hear that we're your home away from home! Thank you for taking the time to review with us- have safe travels and we'll see you again soon!

Saint Joseph, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visiting from Michigan,my parents(80's), my sister and I, got 2 suite rooms and my sister who lives in TN. got a room for her family (7 of them). My sister and I and our parents spent 2 nights and my sister 1, What a great memorial weekend with family and celebrating my sisters 60th birthday. The service was great. We had a free buffet breakfast each morning, swam in the indoor heated pool, walked around outside and sat in the outdoor patio. It smelled good outside with all the magnolia trees in bloom. There is also a laundry room, also free popcorn, coffee, juices, and a salad or soup in the evening in the lobby. I will definitely be back. The suites have a full kitchen, sleeper sofa, king and queen beds, they also have rooms for disability. People with wheelchairs can use the pool and hottub also because of special equipment to help them get in. What a great place to stay.

Room Tip: they are all great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Diana L,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad that you had an enjoyable time with us and that our hotel provided you with a memorable experience (and a great weekend!).

I'm happy to share with my team and we look forward to your next visit!!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Clean, modern and comfortable. Stayed here for a soccer tourney in the area this past weekend. Lots of shopping and good restaurant choices within walking distance or short drive. Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The pool area was great for the kids and there was a nice courtyard area right outside of it for the parents to sit and relax. The lobby was well appointed with lots of places to sit. Breakfast every morning offered a decent variety of choices. Even though there were several teams staying there, the hotel kept good control and the common areas were quiet and well maintained. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank grits_are_good
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Motor City Girl,

Thank you so much for your time and comments! This is a great review and I will happily deliver this to my team and praise them on your behalf- I appreciate you letting us know about your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

David
615-778-0080
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Residence Inn has it all! The rooms are spacious and the up-to-date furnishings are nice. The mattress was lacking a little, as my back began to ache after staying there five nights.
Hotel is located in a very nice area and within walking distance to several restaurants and shops....don't miss Noshville for breakfast/brunch! That is, if you don't mind missing the delish hot breakfast that is offered at this hotel!
All the staff was accommodating and friendly. The fact that the hotel is pet friendly is the main reason we chose this property. My only suggestions would be to add pet waste receptacles that offer bags to dispose of the waste.
Overall, we will defintiely stay here again....everything was just great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Driver0174,

Thank you for your comments! I'm so happy to read about your experience with us and to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay- I am going to pass along your comments to the operations team so that we can look into your request.

Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

David
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travel a lot these days - this was the last city out of 15 in a little over a month. I'd been at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, and other wonderful hotels. This was absolutely a delight surprise! It felt like a brand new apartment! I've never stayed in a Residence Inn that was so clean - I'd stopped staying in them years ago, but this was one of the only hotels available in the Nashville area when I had to come back for a visit. The granite and stainless steel full size kitchen, great room, changing area and the King size bedroom were all plenty spacious. Everyone working there was friendly and nice. The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: My room was quiet even though it was near the basketball court where kids were playing.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Nashvillecleanfreak,

What a nice review!! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable time with us- I'm excited to share your comments with the team.

We welcome you back anytime!!

Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place is great. For $20 more than I would have paid for a regular hotel room at a different hotel (which did not include free breakfast), I got a separate bedroom, a large bathroom, a room for the vanity and sink, two closets, a living area, two tv's, a desk, a dining area, and a complete kitchen! Wow! was what everyone said when we opened the door. This place was fab! My husband and I were traveling with our grown daughter. She slept on the pull out sofa bed in the living room. It was so nice to have a private bedroom and two television sets. The decor was so tastefully done and comfortable, I considered just staying in the room for about a week. This place has all the extras you would expect --an indoor pool, a hot tub, an exercise room, coffee service in the lobby, free wi-fi, and a fantastic breakfast buffet (free). They also have other amenities because this is an extended stay hotel such as a large laundry room, a big outdoor patio with a grill, a grocery pick-up service, a social hour on Monday - Thursday in the eating area (I assume refreshments are served). But you don't have to be on an extended stay to stay here. We only stayed two nights. Oh, and I almost forgot, fresh popped POPCORN in the lobby. The smell is wonderful. There are a couple of differences between this hotel and regular ones you need to remember. They only give you a teaspoon of shampoo and conditioner (about enough for one use) since they assume most people will be bring their own I suppose. Also, there are no hair dryers--so pack one! Besides those two surprises, our stay was the best hotel experience we have ever had. My highest praise for this hotel. If you are going to Franklin, Tennessee (which is wonderful, but that's another story), you won't be disappointed with the Residence Inn by Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katrina G,

I am so impressed with the detail and thoroughness of your review- thank you for helping me with my Sales efforts! :) As to your mentions about the shampoo/conditioner and the hair dryer- we are more than happy to provide you with additional bottles of shampoo and/or conditioner, just let us know! Also, all rooms include a hair dryer- located in the closet of each room.

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance- we look forward to seeing you again soon!!