“Good, as Always”

Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have grown to like Residence Inns when we travel because, even though we are only a couple, we enjoy the extra room in the suites where we have a separate bedroom and living area. The RI in Franklin is clean, fresh, attractive, and breakfast is good. It's in an office park environment with lots of restaurants and cafes nearby, some within walking distance. The upscale Cool Springs Mall is just across I-65. We'll stay there again when we travel that way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Alhearn,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn for your previous stay in the Franklin area! I'm happy to hear that you had a great time at the hotel and enjoyed your service.

Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our middle school cheerleading squad of 18 stayed here for one night before a competition in Murfreesboro. I cannot say enough about the staff and accomodations. We were able to upgrade our rooms to the two bedroom suite as well as the one bedroom suite without any problems. They also allowed us to check into three of our four rooms early without any problems. The rooms were extremely clean and decorated very tastefully and were very modern. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. There were plenty of towels provided and they were the nicer plush towels not expected in a hotel. The pool and hot tub were very clean and there was plenty of comfortable lounge furniture provided for the non swimmers. It was also very nice to see plenty of towels in the pool area for those of us who forgot to bring them down. There was also a hamper provided to leave your dirty towels before leaving the pool area. The girls took full advantage of the exercise facility as well. The staff extended our check out time as a courtesy for one of the rooms so we were able to get hair and makeup done before competition. The breakfast was unbelievable. Waffles and fruit along with sausage and bacon and eggs. It was amazing. I cannot say enough about this hotel and its incredible staff. We will return for sure!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Furkinsfamilyof4,

What a wonderful response!! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such an exceptional recap :)

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us!! We hope to see you again soon- please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We booked a room for 3 nights - a one bedroom king size suite with a pullout sofar bed and a portable crib was requested...and we had two little daschunds. I know we had to pay extra for the dogs but it was per stay vs. per night so being 3 nights, it was worth it for a better quality stay. The room had a nice little kitchnette with almost full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and all the things you need for a kitchen (pots, pans, plates, cups, etc.). There was a pool that we didn't use. There were doggie bags for people with pets. The breakfast was great. Lots of hot food and with different hot items each day. In a great location easy access to Cool Springs shopping, restaurants and spas. Highly recommended. It didn't get 5 stars because of the price but otherwise, it was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Gear_girl,

I'm happy to hear you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us! At Marriott, we are proud to have the brand that travelers know and love- we set the bar for hospitality and provide the greatest value for all of our guests. In the hotel world, you (as a guest) typically get what you pay for- while we are not going to be the lowest price in the market, we are always the highest value. My team will be very excited to see that you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed the spacious, thoughtful layout of the 2-bedroom, 2 bath suite at the Residence Inn at Franklin,TN.
There was a complete kitchen and living room area so that 6 adults could enjoy a meal and an evening of games. Even our Westie made himself at home.We recommend it highly.

• Stayed: November 2012
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear ACHACN,

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us- I'm so happy to hear that you had a nice visit to Franklin (and that your Westie enjoyed their time as well! :)

We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Due to a house fire we were placed at the Residence Inn in Franklin. We were there for 6+ weeks and were treated like "family".
The staff there went out of their way to be accommodating. Everyone had a smile and greeting for us.
The breakfast was not only great but presented with love. The staff treated us like they really wanted to serve our needs. The hot tub was wonderful and the housekeeping services were beyond expectations. They even put my dishes in the dishwasher and started it for us.
We were truly treated like guests in their home rather than guests in a hotel.
Mary, Alana, and Greg are three of the names of people you will meet and love as much as we did.
Though our stay was Unplanned we had a great experience and I highly recommend it for long term.
Restaurants and shopping within in walking distance and the grounds were kept very well.
Beautiful area and excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Cyndy I,

Thank you so much for your kind note! We appreciate you for choosing the Residence Inn and are happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us during this difficult time. I wish you and your family a very safe and happy holiday season (and will definitely provide Mary, Alana and Greg with special recognition for their great service!). Please don't hesitate to ever let me know if we can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

In the past 2 weeks, I have stayed at Residence Inns in Albuquerque, Oklahoma City (Bricktown), and this one (about 15 miles south of Nashville). Each one was nicer than the next. I usually choose Fairfield Inns because they are cheaper. But, I got good rates at these Residence Inns so I chose them. I consider all 3 of them to be in the “luxury” category. My review of all hotels will be very similar.

This is a huge hotel in like a corporate area. The surrounding area is very pretty and it appears to be a great neighborhood. There are shops and some restaurants within walking distance. A little ways away (driving distance), there is a gigantic mall; all the regular mall stores, then there’s a Target, Old Navy – it’s a very large and busy mall area. Front desk girl was very pleasant, even giving me directions and a map to the mall area. Very nice staff.

This Residence Inn I think might be the nicest one I have ever stayed in. You feel right at home. On the first floor, there’s a big gym, an indoor pool, and a very large coin-laundry area (LOTS of washers and dryers).

I had a studio-type suite. Super-comfy bed – clean and fresh. Lots of clean towels, and the bathroom was spotless. Like all other Residence Inns, there is a full kitchen (including stove top), dishwasher, microwave, full frig, etc.

They do something nice at Residence Inns - on certain evenings, they have full meals for the guests (complimentary). I think that is a nice perk. it’s great if you are on a budget and don’t want to spring for dinner out.

The breakfast at Residence Inns is always good. It’s a full buffet, complete with eggs, meats, sometimes biscuits or pancakes, a waffle maker, as well as all the continental stuff like English muffins, bagels, cereals, etc. The coffee is always excellent. The breakfast area was nice and clean and was kept well-stocked.

This hotel is a tad more expensive than I am used to or like to pay ($107). But, it was the cheapest I could find near the Nashville area (with good reviews). I think it was very much worth the price tag. Parking was free, as was the GOOD wi-fi.

Nearby that you can walk too is a little restaurant called Noodles & Company. It's not going to win any culinary awards, but it was good for a meal on a cold night (good tomato soup)! I was pleasantly surprised. There are also some other shops around, but I didn't pay much attention to them.

This hotel is near the freeway and is a very convenient location. But, if it's Nashville you want to be close to, it's about 12 or so miles south of downtown Nashville.

I'd definitely spring for this hotel again when I find myself in this area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tczig
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear tczig,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough and great review! Our future guests appreciate hearing from those who have stayed with us regarding our location, level of service received, etc.

Have safe travels and please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of service.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

All new area, nice design, with all the amenities you would expect. We were there on a very busy (sold out) weekend. We accepted a room on the first floor, but weren't told it was the 'dog floor'. When we questioned the front desk right after putting our luggage in the room-(about the dog barking next door)--they still didn't let on. The entire FLOOR had dogs in their rooms. Just pick a different floor and you will probably be fine. Easy drive in to Nashville. I actually would stay here again.

Room Tip: Only stay in the dog lane....if you have a dog!