“Nice Break for Lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Liberty Pike
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We enjoyed eating lunch at the Boxwood the food was outstanding. Nice decor and waiter.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I used to travel to Frankln once a week for work when this place first opened and it was awesome. I went there once a week for six months. Great food and fantastic service. Fast forward 2-3 years and I come back after an extended absence from Franklin. I stop in for dinner on Wednesday night and notice that the decor has changed some, the hostess is much more casual and the menu has changed to good selections but not quite as high end as when they openend. I placed my order and the server told me the pork tenderloin I ordered was the worst thing on the menu so what was my second choice. That was eye opening. The entree she suggested was very good as was my salad. Nice wine pours for the money but on the second glass I waited forever to get served, I even asked the person pouring water and that didn't help. When it came it was the wrong wine but I didn't want to wait any longer. By the time I received it, my entree was cold.

I wish I could give this place higher marks but the wait staff all looked like they were running and obviously under staffed. The food was great so maybe on a Thursday-Sunday when they probably have more staff it would have been a higher mark but having eaten here at it's peak, I just can't give it the marks I would have then.

1  Thank bfchef
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have eaten here twice now and I have to say that the food is wonderful. I think one thing that really impresses me is that you can have a meal that is normally only resevered for a Big City 5 star restuarant in a charming old building and for half the price. I have had the special both times I have been there and they were so good I left nothing on my plate. I also highly recommend their Fried Green Tomatoes. They are possibly the best I have eaten.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Be sure to enjoy 1/2 price Martini time which was terrific start to the light meal we ordered with delicious salads.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've ordered the Salmon Spinach Salad several times, and it is the freshest salmon in town!