“Interesting & Informative”

Franklin on Foot
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Franklin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Just minutes south of Nashville, Franklin is often cited as one of the most beautiful downtowns in the U.S. Site of "the most famous battle you've never heard of," according to National Geographic, Franklin's Civil War story will amaze and enlighten you on the most divisive time in American history. Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable guides will make your visit an unforgettable experience. Our tours include the Classic Franklin, Civil War in Franklin, Grave Matters in the Cemetery, and for fans of evening activities, the Haunted Franklin, Ghosts of the Battlefield at the Lotz House and Murder and Mayhem Tours. Our Southern Style food tours allow visitors to savor the flavors of the South and learn history at the same time. Most tours are available Monday through Saturday by advance reservation; some tours have minimums. Just call and see how flexible and accommodating we can be.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Highly recommended for both tourists and locals. Could not believe all the things downtown that I never before noticed. Great job!

All reviews
"great tour"
in 37 reviews
"historical facts"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 191 reviews
in 134 reviews

Reviewed September 15, 2013

A couple of years ago we did the haunted Franklin tour. Nice walking tour at night. We enjoyed it so much that we enlisted some friends to join us for the Murder and Mayhem Tour. Another great experience.

The tours do have to compete with whatever else is going on in downtown Franklin. The night of our Murder and Mayhem Tour, there was an outdoor concert on the square. A little loud, but our tour guide easily worked around it.

Both tours are fun, but if you've only got time for one, do the haunted Franklin tour.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Margie did a wonderful Civil War history tour. I did not know what to expect, but I couldn't stop listening for the full 2 hours. She is very knowledgeable, and we learned more personal stories about the Civil War that I ever did in a history book. It's amazing to see what happened right here in this small town. I would recommend to everyone; whether you have studied the war or don't know much at all. It is a great family experience!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked Margie for an evening tour as part of our daughters birthday. We met Margie in front of the old courthouse, just outside the Mellow Mushroom where we had enjoyed dinner. Our "spooky" tour was a huge hit with the girls as we listened to Margie tell stories about Franklin's past and the wandering spirits. We had a smaller group of 7 (we were joined by a couple) and Margie kept everyone's attention. It was interesting in that even as we walked between stops at historic places, Margie kept the conversation going with tales of Franklin's ghosts. Thankfully most seem to be happy ghosts - at least on this tour. We're going back for the Murder and Mayhem Tour this fall. I'm sure it will be a great time.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a great way to spend a night out for our 3 year anniversary and wanted to do something different. It is great for people who aren't looking for a cheap haunted house thrill and want to know more about the historical facts behind the ghost stories. The tour guide, Margie, was fabulous and truly captured our attention with her stories. It was also be able to hear the other people on the tours stories and she gave us a chance to tell out own. I will totally recommend this to all my friends and I just want to the Margie for giving us a great first haunted tour. Be prepared to have your eyes opened!