“Wonderful Weekend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin
Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Franklin B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Weekend!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a short weekend--only were able to stay one night. This was our second time to visit. Home is beautiful! Our room was immaculately clean and lovely! Our hostess couldn't have done more. Breakfast was delicious! In the coffee service provided upstairs, Robbie even had my favorite flavor, Raspberry Chocolate Truffle! We have found the only place we want to stay when we visit Franklin! If Robbie doesn't have a vacancy, we'll change our plans!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Faye K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had time to only stay one night - wonderful. Breakfast was outstanding. There were two other guests from Argentina and 3 from London, which made for interesting breakfast conversation. Hosts / Owners are so gracious. Our room was large and quiet, filled with beautiful antiques. We are going back to beautiful Franklin and the Magnolia House.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hscottscott
Glendora, California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a find,a beautiful gem.The rooms are beautiful,the beds comfortable,the breakfast is outstanding.I have stayed at many places,and this rates as one of the nicest and most beautiful b and b I have stayed at.It is charming and clean and the hosts make it a delightful stay.I look forward to our next stay the Magnolia House and visiting with Robbie and Jimmy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iggy1344
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Two days ago, I stuffed my car to the breaking point and completed an 1100+ mile, 2 1/2 day drive from my former hometown of Boston, MA to my new hometown of Franklin, TN. Upon arriving, I found out that I was unable to move into my new apartment for another 2 days, so I booked an impromptu stay at Magnolia House, where I had visited twice previously. After spending a terrible night prior in a less-than-well kept (and that's putting it kindly) VA establishment, I was very much comforted by the thought of relaxing in cleanliness in my customary guest room (#3) at Magnolia House! This place is the very definition of an ideal B&B...clean, comfortable, personifies the character and charm of the town it inhabits and offers sumptuous Southern breakfasts served up by a most gracious hostess. I could not have asked for, nor received, better accommodations than I did at Magnolia House. It has been a pleasure, each and every time, to be a guest in Robbie's beautiful home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cold_Stone_11
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The establishment was very, very unkept...needs cleaning, painting and brought up to higher standards. Very disappointing. Has such great potential. We Loved the location and all; but, too messy and unclean. Very concerned that the steps were slippery and could cause an accident.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
robsmithson, Owner at Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
As owner of Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast, I strive to provide a warm, comfortable and clean environment for our guests to enjoy while visiting Franklin. It is our desire to do our best to make our guests happy and leave here with a desire to return. There are areas of our exterior that are being prepared to painting, however due to excessive rain this Spring and fortunately high volume of business, we have not accomplished this when we expected. Also as can be seen on our website we have a large sunroom addition on the upper level and there are more steps to climb, however they do have slip resistant strips on them. We always encourage guests to use the front entrance if weather is bad. We are sorry that we were not made aware of any concerns that may have been corrected or explained during this visit.
Canal Winchester
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a lucky find! I stayed three glorious nights and was served three superb breakfasts. The hosts are friendly and set a comfortable atmosphere each morning. One major plus is the location--close to charming downtown Franklin as well as other worthwhile sites. I will definitely return!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Madison, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We come to Franklin regularly for the Historic Home Tours and had the good fortune on our last visit to stay at Magnolia House with Robbie & Jimmy. The accommodations are all first rate and the hospitality as warm and personable as you might wish for. If you are looking for a more intimate, relaxing environment in a charming historic home, you couldn't get much better than Magnolia House. Oh, did I mention that the breakfast was to die for? (The breakfast is to die for!) Thank you, Robbie and Jimmy for affording us a much needed break from the routine. We left refreshed and renewed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple