“Same as every Aloft. Good.”

Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

They are the same everywhere. In a good way. And this one is close to the Cool Springs Galleria and all the new office buildings. Light on amenities but good value overall. Pleasant staff, again, as they all do.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We decided to try going on a weekend trip from our home in Memphis to Nashville to check out the Nashville scene. We also wanted to take our dog along. We checked out petvacations.com to research hotels and found the ALOFT. We booked through the petvacations.com website. This was the first time we ever decided to take our bulldog on a road trip. We really loved the hotel. It is located right off the interstate near Franklin at Cool Springs. We loved the quaint euro vibe of the hotel. They offered a fun dog bed and food and water bowls with a place mat for him. The hotel is very safe and rooms are very clean and modern. They have a nice exercise room and heated indoor pool. I would love to stay here again. We just need to teach our dog to sleep in a strange hotel room he kept us up all night.

Room Tip: you can hear the interstate on the far east end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
kmcbryde, Director of Sales at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. ARF (animals R fun) certainly is a fun way to welcome our four legged friends and make it easy for those who travel with their pets. We are glad you enjoyed your Aloft experience and look froward to seeing you again on your future travels to the area. Live Life Aloft

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at a couple of these Aloft hotels and think they are great! This particular location was not exception. On this stay, however, I had my wife and son with me and wondered what it would be like bringing a family to this eurostyled, artsy hotel that to me seems to lean toward business travelers. My first surprise was that they had a bundle for my young son, that included games and activities, and then gave him his own air bed with cartoon character sheets and tent! Very cool. My son was thrilled and couldn't wait to sleep in his own bed, much to my pleasure. Next, my wife and I decided to sit in the lounge area and have a glass of wine. The price was very agreeable, considering typical hotel prices are MUCH higher than restaurants. It made us want to hang out longer and not run from the high pricing. We had our dinner at a nearby restaurant that was just a few minutes walk, and then returned to our room to enjoy all of the amenities.

Room Tip: This hotel is built very solid, and I don't think any room had a perk that the others didn't...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your Aloft experience. Camp Aloft is a fun treat for the kids when traveling to an Aloft and our W xyz bar is a nice area to enjoy the vibe of our hotel. We hope you return to our hotel and other Alofts on your future travels. Life Life Aloft!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location. Handy to interstate to travel to downtown Nashville. This was our first stay at this hotel. We very pleased with room and amenities ALOFT offers to their guest. Staff very friendly and professtional. A great hotel to stay in the Nshville area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing interstate nice and sunny.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been staying at this particular hotel for about 4 years now, on average of 4 times a year. I had been fully satisfied previously, but this latest stay will be my last.
I had issues from the moment I checked in, starting with the front desk not being able to confirm my room rates with the offer code I gave her (that I got direct from the Starwood hotels website), to the moment I checked out.
The front desk could not verify the offer code, nor did she even tell me if she would honor it or not when I checked in. I had made the reservations throught the Starwood hotels website, where I saw the offer code. She told me she didn't know if I could use that or not. she also did not have the type of room I reserved.
The hotel was apparently 100% booked, with more than 50% of the guests being comprised of 7-11 year old boys. This was completely overrun and riddled with loud children all hours of the day and night.
Due to the fact they overbooked the hotel, I also had to park over 500 yards away, in a neighboring business that I was not even certain I could park in.
I made it back to my room, after walking the maze of pre-pubescent boys filling the lobby and hallways, and wondered if my car would be towed before morning.
The last morning of my stay, I was awoken by the maid persistently knocking on the door for refresh service. It was 9:00, and check-out is noon, I have no idea why they would send a maid to my door at 9:00 in the morning. Not to mention, the day prior, they did not fully clean the room, and left dirty towels behind (which weren't even mine).
Finally, at check-out, when i could finally be given an answer on what I would be paying for the last two nights, they informed me I could not get the offer rate I asked for, but I had been given a rate that included two free breakfasts (which I was unaware of the two mornings I stayed there).
They said my rate would be $120 per night, which included a $10 breakfast charge. After all of this, I received a charge to my credit card for over $300! I have no idea how these charges were calculated, nor do I expect they know at the hotel.
This was an overbooked, childrens hotel, with horrible (or non-existent) customer service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jetstr
kmcbryde, Director of Sales at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. You did visit during a very busy time at the hotel and I understand how that could be frustrating. We strive to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests and I certainly apologize for any inconvenience. We’d like to investigate billing questions and provide resolution for you. Please contact me at coolinfo@aloftcoolsprings.com and I will make sure that everything is resolved.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to the Aloft over the last few years. We usually stop in on our way down to Atlanta from St Louis. This recent trip we planned just so we could enjoy all the service and amenities that is offered at this hotel. We had a room on the1st floor which was nice. But you have to experience the elevators. They are real fun!!! We love the vibe of the hotel and most of its guest are young and hip. We like that. We will be back very soon!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
kmcbryde, Director of Sales at Aloft Nashville - Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We are thrilled you enjoy our Aloft hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

With Aloft you get Starwood's stripped down, modern concept. While that may lead you to think you get a break on room rates, that's not always true. But they're newer hotels, clean and fresh. The staff here were professional, friendly and willing to help. Exactly what you want them to be. The place looks and feels like it just got a TV budget makeover - vibrant colors on a minimalist, show-the-infastructure theme. This hotel features the Aloft kitchen/pantry concept, and a lounge. Internet in the lobby is free.

The rooms make good use of space, with one wall separating the room into two sections: vanity/bathroom and sleeping/work area. It's effective, efficient and functional. No closet per se, just a bar with pegs on which to hang hangers, covered by a drape and built into the dividing wall. The bathroom is big, but the walk-in shower area is unique. No problems with it, but you do end up with a river of water through the bathroom floor.

One downside for me as a frequent business traveler(Starwood gold): only a small, tabletop ironing board. Extremely annoying. But that was truly the only complaint. Free bottled water in the room, unstocked fridge.

I would definitely stay at this property again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our property. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, found our staff professional and a fan of the Aloft brand. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your future travels!