All reviews pool table cool place indoor pool modern decor breakfast sandwich staff was friendly front desk staff mini fridge minute drive bed was comfortable the room was nice clean hotel lots of restaurants bagels hip shower spg
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The pool was so relaxing,Staff amazing,Rooms were very clean,Great in room movie selection,Bar was good...No complaints here!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Spent one night in this hotel. Unfortunately, my delayed flights got me in very late, so I did not use much of the hotel facilities.

Check-in at midnight (!) was easy. The staffer on duty quickly got me out of the lobby and on my way. My sixth-floor room was comfortable and relatively quiet. The A/C unit was a bit loud for my comfort, but YMMV on its "white noise" qualities.

Bed is comfortable enough. Not a Starwood Heavenly bed, but I don't expect that for about $99/night.

The shower had strong water pressure and was roomy and comfortable. Given that this is a W-influenced hotel, the tiles and glass door gave it a nice, spacious feel.

Two odd things:
1 - the sink felt very low for me (6' tall), and having a dorm-style fridge just sitting under it is strange.
2 - I could not, for the life of me, find the ironing board and iron. Apparently they are hidden in a compartment at the side or bottom of the bed. I only found this out when asking during check out. I steamed my suit/shirt while showering, so I didn't need it. But this is a bit of "too cute" that is unneeded....unless there is something that clearly says "hey, look HERE."

The food selections for breakfast were fine; some healthy, some a bit fattening. But for $11 ($10 of which was covered by the hotel), the stuff I got was very good. Free coffee, BTW.

Overall, very nice staff, relatively comfortable accommodations. The starkness of the rooms and common areas may put some people off. It has an industrial feel. Not sure I would choose to stay here with my family (two young kids), as the room would be small for two beds and a crib.

But I would gladly stay here (particularly as a Starwood member), on future visits.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days or so recently. Loved it. Aloft is one of my favorite new hotel brands. Cool and trendy like W, but without the pretentiousness or the price. Also very pet friendly. They put all the dogs on the first floor, so you can walk right out and take them outside. No additional charge for dogs either.

Waters in the room were free, as was coffee in the morning. Pool table in the lobby, a cool bar and some snacks in a cooler.

Location is fantastic. A mall, movie theater and a gazillion restaurants (Go to Chueys!) are within walking distance. it's in Franklin - in my opinion the nicest part of Nashville. Very upscale and unlimited shopping - literally. You are however 20-30 mins from the big tourist attractions and downtown. I'd still recommend staying here though.

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms are small, more like dorm rooms, but very nicely decorated. The bathroom door however needs a little more privacy.

No issues at all, highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Everyone was so helpful and friendly! We stayed 3 nights in town for a family wedding and enjoyed our stay at the Aloft Nashville. Will look for Aloft when booking hotels in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet, but still have had some highway noise as we were on the side nearest the Interstate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My recent stay at the Aloft in Franklin, TN...actually the Cool Springs area of Franklin...was just as nice and as much fun as my previous stays. The rooms are great, comfortable and very functional and the staff is very courteous, pleasant and helpful...even on a very rainy day they had umbrellas available. Every time I visit Nissan North America headquarters, I stay at the Aloft. I'd recommend any of the W Hotels. Bill

Room Tip: all the rooms have a view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business