“A Nice Hotel But Waited A Very Long Time For A Clerk To Show Up”

Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Fayetteville TN
“A Nice Hotel But Waited A Very Long Time For A Clerk To Show Up”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was my first stay at this location. My sister-in-law and I both stayed overnight. We walked into the lobby and walked around and saw nobody. We waited and waited and waited. After 10-15 minutes, I walked into the restaurant and waited for the server to take a break from speaking with his customers, again, several minutes. He told me to walk up to the counter and lean on it and someone would be out to help me. I did this and sure enough, the clerk came out. Very poor service. There must be some type of activation switch near the counter but nobody off of the street would know to do this. The room and hotel itself were very nice and the only complaint was I could hear doors open and shut continually through the night from the other guests. My sister-in-law enjoyed her stay as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fireman1000_9
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Fireman1000_9,

Thank you for making note of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your initial impression was not perfect, as that is most assuredly how we do not operate on a daily basis. We will be informing our team of this review and educate to ensure that an experience like this does not occur in the future. I would like to discuss more with you and learn more details about this experience when you have a moment (please feel free to ask for me or for TJ, our General Manager).

615-778-0080

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This hotel is updated, comfortable, and convenient, with nice amenities. The rooms are spacious, and have refrigerators. It is also very affordable. On our most recent stay at this hotel, I shared with another guest of the same wedding, which took place in Nashville. There was plenty of space for all of us. Because we were traveling on a weekend, there was virtually no traffic between Cool Springs and Nashville, so the close proximity to the interstate was great. After the reception, we went to a pub in the Cool Springs area, just a mile away from the hotel.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank haparev
Dear Haparev,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to read about your enjoyable experience with us- I hope the wedding was a wonderful event and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Indiana
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family and this fit the bill. Central location, off interstate but no noise from road. Everything you need within two miles. Rooms nice, comfy bed, staff friendly. Quiet at night. Everything you need with a Starbucks, small Bistro and market. Nice property.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stoopswatson,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your previous stay with us! We are excited to hear that you had a great experience with us and I'll be happy to share this review with my team!

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night here to break up a long drive. Wish we could have stayed longer. Excellent hotel with spacious well appointed rooms. We tried the bistro restaurant and were not disappointed. My wife had a modified Reuben sandwich which was very tasty and made as requested. The hotel location was close to I-65 and convenient to Nashville attractions. I definitely recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jowawagner,

Hello from Franklin! Thank you for choosing the Courtyard, we are delighted to see that you had a nice stay with us (and that you loved the Bistro too!).

Have safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is right off of Interstate 65 and only minutes from a mall, shopping and just about any dining you can imagine, yet its in a more corporate area and very quiet. Plenty of free parking, and the staff was very welcoming and helpful from the moment we arrived. We thought the bedding was especially comfortable and the room was immaculate. Never heard anything outside of our room, which is always a bonus at a hotel. As with all Courtyards now, they have the "Bistro" downstairs, which is a nice in a pinch but a little overpriced. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Christie D,

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your previous stay with us! I'm happy to read about your enjoyable stay and that you took advantage of our great location while visiting! We hope you had a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Carsonville, Michigan
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very nice hotel. Hotel staff all very friendly and will go out of their way to help. I was in a jam and missed my bus while I was staying there, Billy, at the front desk went out of his way and made arrangements for me to get to my event as quickly as possible. Thank you Billy! The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job and even took care of a special request I had. The only less than spectacular part of my stay there was the wait staff in the restaurant on premises. They were not very attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Cookdc810,

Thank you for your response! I'm glad that you had a nice experience with us and will share your comments with the team. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect experience with us at the Bistro and will be sure to communicate your experience to the manager to ensure that your next stay is nice all-around.

I'll be sure to congratulate Billy and recognize his efforts- he is one of our stars!!

Have safe travels and we'll see you again soon!

David
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here for one night. The staff was great and the hotel was very clean. This hotel is in a great location for dining, shopping, etc.

We were in Room 409 which is on the top floor, has a small balcony, and is near the elevator. It was a great location and we never heard any noise while in the room.

I should add that my son wanted to swim, so I took him down to the indoor pool and was very impressed. Towel animals decorated the nice furnishings near the pool and the entire area was very clean and well kept.

The lobby area was also very nicely decorated, comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Room 409 is on the top floor and has a small balcony with a good view for people watching.