“Agree - "Almost Perfect"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs

Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Kirkwood, Mo
“Agree - "Almost Perfect"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am a very loyal Marriott guest, 75+ nights a year. I stay in a lot of Courtyard’s and this is one of the nicer facilities I have stayed in. It’s newer, conveniently located and has a very nice lobby. The rooms are very nice, halls are quiet and as far as the physical property goes, I have zero issues or complaints.

But, it’s missing something to really make this a stand out property. The staff is “OK”. Not great, not bad, just nothing that really makes you think, “Wow!”. I have no complaints about the staff at all though, just that I have been at other Courtyard’s with much older facilities that I liked much more. To me, it seemed like they are resting on the fact the property is so nice.

Surrounding the property is a shopping and dining area that I’d wished we’d known about before eating away from the property, looks pretty nice.

My only true “complaint” was the lack of coffee until the Bistro opens at 7:00 AM on Saturday. Most, if not every Courtyard I have ever stayed in, has free coffee in the lobby from something like 5:30 or 6:00 every day. I asked the front desk and they offered me a packet of coffee for my in room coffee maker, which I think are gross and would never use. Even after the Bistro opened, it was not until after 7:00 before they had the coffee ready.

If you stay here, just don’t set your expectation for service as high as the property itself. Again, it’s fine, just nothing to write about.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear TMNKWD,

I appreciate you taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and am happy to mentioned your experience with the staff.

We strive hard to make sure that we have exemplary staff (we won Opening Hotel of the Year 2009 and have consistently been a Platinum or Gold Circle winner since our opening....meaning top 5% or 10% Guest Satisfaction for the brand). I would like to learn more about your experience and why you weren't "wow'd" and what your previous experiences were like (as we are continually striving to improve service and satisfaction.

To your point regarding the complimentary coffee station, we as a brand are no longer providing complimentary coffee. We have added the lighter Blonde Roast at the Bistro for a Starbucks. We are also providing signage that will direct patrons to the desk should they want Starbucks when the Bistro is closed. Finally, we are now offering a complimentary water station in the lobby during the hot Summer months.

I look forward to hearing from you and the CY Team is eager to provide you with a great experience for your next visit.

615-778-0080

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My mother and I are here during music fest in Nashville, so it was impossible getting a room near downtown that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So, I found the Marriot just down the highway in Franklin. The area itself if very nice, a lot of shops, & restaurants nearby. The hotel lobby is very bright, welcoming, nice atmosphere, good furniture, as well has having a welcoming staff. Rocky was a very nice gentlemen. The room is very nice, clean, well decorated. The bathroom is nicely decorated as well. The shower had good water pressure, which is hard to come by in hotels. Good, good hotel. The best on our trip so far.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JFKMichael
Dear JFKMichael,

Thank you for your comments! The CY Team is happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and Rocky will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

We look forward to accommodating a future stay of yours and wish you save travels!

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times now when traveling to the area on business. I find the accommodations to be comfortable and clean and the staff always friendly and helpful. I am disappointed that the only coffee available is if you buy it at the Starbucks in the lobby. As we all know the coffee in the room just doesn't get it and no more free coffee in the lobby area for guests means if you want some good coffee, you have to buy it (When asked I was told that Marriotts are all doing this). There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance, the hotel restaurant is ok but not much variety. It is nice and quiet and the area is very safe and lots of shopping nearby if you are into that.

Room Tip: Balconies are available on the upper levels and when the weather is nice, you can open the sliding d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MaryE3520,

Thank you for your response! I'm happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Yes, Marriott has rolled out a policy in which the Courtyard brand will now be doing away with the complimentary lobby coffee option.....we do have both a light and dark roast option for Starbucks Coffee in the Bistro (and the desk team would be happy to assist with coffee requests when the Bistro is closed). We are also installing a complimentary water station that will be available throughout the hot Summer months.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but my team and I are focused on ensuring that we make each and every stay enjoyable and memorable. Please reach out to let me know what else we can do for you next time.

Thank you!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

King room with balcony. Modern decor throughout hotel. Extremely friendly desk staff and very helpful. Very clean grounds outside and well maintained interior. Good, comfortable lobby seating. Only disadvantage was the TV placement access. It was on a pullout/swivel shelf. However, it did not pull out far enough to allow complete viewing while lying in bed. Only one person had complete viewing of the screen. Maintenance was called and came up, but could not fix the problem. Said this was the same in all king rooms. Poor design!

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a balcony facing restaurants.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FRANKLIN64, Director of Sales at Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Low1970,

Thank you for choosing Courtyard for your recent stay- I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the experience and the decor and staff. I would like to learn more about your stay, specifically why service was scored a 3/5 when it appeared that the only challenge/issue experienced was with your bedroom TV. We do appreciate you bringing that matter to our attention, I will discuss the opportunity with my team and we look forward to impressing you moreso on your return visit!

I look forward to hearing from you- have a great week!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Thought this was a wonderful hotel. Clean and friendly staff. Larissa at the front desk, who was there in the evening when we got there and also the next morning, made you feel as if granting your every wish just made her day, always cheerful. Starbuck's in the lobby was important to me, coffeeholic that I am. Rooms were large with free WiFi. Very pleasant stay.

1 Thank RobinFour
Dear RobinFour,

Thank you for your wonderful review!! Larissa is one of our rock stars and will be so happy to hear your comments!

I am a fellow coffeholic and having the Starbucks waiting for me in the lobby makes me smile each morning :)

We look forward to serving you again soon! Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can ever be of assistance!

Northern Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed there over Mother's Day weekend. The place was booked due to a soccer tournament; however the participants were well behaved. There were four adults in our party, and all slept well. Room was nice, big and clean. Only problem was that the air conditioner was a little loud the first night. One bit of advice. When exiting the expressway, you'll get to the actual Marriott before you get to the Courtyard. Don't make the mistake we made and stop at the Marriott first.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lady BeBop,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and comment on your experience with us. I also am happy that you assisted with guiding our TripAdvisor family to us as we do have a few Marriott hotels in the neighborhood!

We're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to impressing you and your family again for the next Mother's Day getaway!

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament. It was a fabulous stay. The room was emaculate! The walls are colorful and cheery. Very contemporary! I would stay here again and again. The lobby area was large and great for sitting around and talking. Lots of places to eat in walking distance! The only think I would change......add the Disney channel to the TV guide!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kimth2,

Hello from Franklin! Thank you for making us your accommodation option during the recent soccer tournament- we love hosting teams over the weekend!

I will pass along your requests to management and we will see if we can add any additional options to our TV programming for your next visit! Stay tuned!