“Loved the Blood Orange Martini ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wild Ginger

Wild Ginger
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Ginger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 369 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wild Ginger is a refreshingly distinct fine dining experience located at the heart of Cool Springs-featuring an eclectic blend of Pan-Asian, South American, and Western cuisine in the Pacific Rim style-with succulent selections for all palates, including the popular miso seabass, braised short rib, and a wide array of signature maki and tapas. Though restaurants categorized as "fusion" are mostly located in trendy metropolitan areas like Miami and Manhattan, Wild Ginger is the first and only of its kind in Middle Tennessee. This family-owned and operated restaurant's perpetually growing popularity and devoted regular clientele make it essential for us to not just continually reinvent our menu, but more importantly, the entire dining experience. Wild Ginger is the perfect destination for a business lunch, romantic evening, or relaxing dinner with family and friends.
Nashvillle
“Loved the Blood Orange Martini ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Early last Sunday evening I met a new friend for sushi and cocktails in the bar at Wild Ginger. My blood orange martini was delicious and prepared well as it was very cold (and it was as pretty too!)
We shared two classic maki rolls - the Kamakaze and the Spicy Crunchy Maki. Both were very good but we really enjoyed the sauce on the crunchy roll. Service was attentive but not intrusive. This was my friends first visit and he said we will visit again soon!

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Plusses and minuses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We read good thing about them so I made a reservation three days in advance but when we arrived there wasn't a table available. We were told it would be 15-20 minutes. We opted to sit in the bar. We ordered a drink and waited and waited and waited. At least it gave us time to look at the menu. We got our drink and ordered and our food came promptly and was plated well. My wife ordered Sea Bass and she wanted some lemon so asked our server for some after waiting for several minutes I finally went up to the bar to get some. My meal was delicious and my wife's Sea Bass looked wonderful, a light golden brown on top. The only problem was the bottom was black. We told our server and she tried to make excuses that it was hard to cook. I ask her to get a manager and she started balking. I finally got her to get a manager when I told her that I would go find one if she didn't. The manager did make it right in the end.

• Visited October 2013
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

One of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of dining at. The food is top-notch, the flavors amazing, and everything on the menu is out of this world. The "Lobster Lobster" sushi is utterly delicious. The desserts are amazing too - the L'opera cake is beyond delicious. If you are in Franklin, you MUST eat at this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Naples, Florida
“Great neighborhood gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

By far our favorite thing to do on a Sunday evening is have dinner @wild ginger.
We always opt to have dinner in the lounge and love having Kyle as our waiter/bartender.
Whether having sushi or a full dinner, the food & service is always excellent

• Visited September 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Ready to be wowed, but. . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Drove to the restaurant once on a previous trip, but left because we didn't want to valet park our car (there are less than 15 spots for self-parking). YES, it's "complimentary," but there was absolutely no reason to do it -- the lot is adjacent to the restaurant, nothing is a long walk, and I'm just not into it. Anyway, on the most recent trip to Franklin, we decided to give it a shot, leaving the car at the Hyatt Place hotel across the street where part of our party was staying.

So we were a party of 6, 3 kids and 3 adults. The restaurant is lovely, very upscale looking with attractive water feature and on this particular Saturday night, at live band on the patio. The waitress had lots of information, although I would have to say that her list of "favorites" was so long that it didn't do much to narrow the selection. Since we were told that there were very few locations of this restaurant, I chose to get something that was unique to Wild Ginger, and was among her many recommendations. The Lollipop Roll was from their featured sushi roll choices, and had a variety of different types of fish, was rolled in sliced cucumbers and contained no rice. Also ordered the Shanghai noodles with beef, as well as the $9 edamame appetizer. My son ordered the soup of the day, chipotle miso, which our server touted as a great choice without realizing it had been 86-ed. It was a disappointment to learn it was unavailable. Others in the group ordered the fried rice, Mongolian beef, and a more traditional sushi choice.

The verdict? First off, the service was disappointing. Several occasions where we sat with empty glasses, it took forever to actually get our orders taken, and when the to-be-shared entrees arrived, we had to ask for (and awhile wait for) plates to use for eating. When our checks arrived, it became clear that the waitress was under no pressure to provide good service since -- SURPRISE!!! -- she was already receiving a 20% tip because our party included 6 guests. The reason this was a surprise is because the fact was not disclosed anywhere on the menu or in the signage at the hostess station.

The Chinese entrees -- fried rice, noodles, honey sake chicken and Mongolian beef -- all received positive reviews, with the slight criticism that some of the sauce was a little too sweet. Still, good choices. The edamame was tasty, but I have to say that I think the price was very high for, you know, soybeans. The spicy sauce was a nice twist, though, and the serving size was satisfactory. The sushi, however, was something of a disappointment. It's worth noting, though, that this may be a preference thing rather than an execution issue. The featured roll that included several different types of sushi was just too busy. There was so much going on that I couldn't really taste anything, and I can't even recall exactly what was in it. This was something of a letdown. The so-called "classic" sushi that my friend ordered was fine, but not exceptional.

All in all, I wouldn't rush back, and probably would decline an invitation to accompany someone else. I've had much better sushi, and while the Chinese entrees were good, I'm not certain they were THAT MUCH better than what I've had other places. The 20% mandatory tip was far too generous for the quality of our service, and it was disappointing that the restaurant does not disclose this policy.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Witsendstrs

Been to Wild Ginger? Share your experiences!