“Great place, excellent staff”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Just returned home from a trip to Nashville/Franklin, where my friends and I spent two nights at the hyatt place. The room was very spacious, comfortable and clean, and the breakfast was great. I've stayed at the Hyatt Place by Opryland as well, and I love both properties.
We arrived early and the front desk staff were excellent. Our room would be ready shortly, so they gave us directions to head downtown Franklin to do a little quick shopping. Only, about ten minutes away, we spent an hour and we returned to find a very large, beautiful room with everything we needed for our stay. There was a fridge and a safe, as well as a large sofa bed. The hotel is also just down the road from Cool Springs Galleria, a great mall we shopped at as well. Overall a great hotel in a fantastic location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
SMicheels, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We’re so happy to hear that your experience with Hyatt Place met your expectations!!

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you are traveling to or thru Nashville, this is the place too stay. The staff, rooms and breakfast are great. This is a must stay. We arrived and were very surprised clean,comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff, close to shopping malls,dining,interstate and minutes from downtown Nashville. The town of Franklin is a must visit too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Larry C
SMicheels, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Hello! Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that we have to offer and our staff made you feel welcome. We hope to have you again the next time you're in Franklin!

Thank you again and we hope that you will continue to be your first choice when you come to the Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs area.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed here on the way to Cincinnati. Room was very comfortable, quiet and clean, but a strange layout. Easy access from and to I-65, and close to Galleria. Trip into downtown Franklin was a bit daunting, due to construction and signage issues. Staff was very friendly. Access to business center nice, and breakfast buffet was fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding Hyatt Place Franklin/Cool Springs. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you had a very pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I will begin by saying that the staff of this hotel were exceptional. Every single person that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. They get an A+!

The room (first floor) was very comfortable for the extended stay we had. It was so nice to have a comfortable sitting area to read, relax and watch TV during the day, and the TV was a very nice sized LG flat screen. We really liked having the desk with all necessary ports (and free Hyatt Wi-Fi) to do business, but we also used this as a makeup area in the mornings. Located nearby is the coffee pot, sink and refrigerator.... definitely nice to have. A small microwave would've been a plus for our stay.

We had two double beds. The bed was a little firm for me, but probably perfect for others. I had to remember that I was in a hotel and not at home in my own bed, so it was perfectly acceptable. The pillows (and plenty of them!) were super comfortable down pillows. Great to lay down on at the end of the day. The bedding was very comfortable, as well. No complaints.

We felt like the bath was too cramped and, yes, a bit dated, but the water pressure made up for it. Great water pressure! Great, thick towels! It made up for the dated, tight quarters in the bathroom. The room had a blow dryer, iron and ironing board, which I really like to have available when I travel.

Each morning, there was a really good free breakfast offered. Hot breakfast sandwiches, some days there were pancakes, waffles or French toast. Oatmeal with all the toppings, a variety of pastries, bagels and toast, and delicious fresh fruit. Choices of coffee, milk, juices, etc. Some days we ate comfortably in the eating areas. Some mornings, we brought it to our room. The breakfast was a real bonus and it was far better than just the usual Continental breakfast.

Sadly, the swimming pool doesn't open until Memorial Day, but I would definitely recommend the hotel for comfort and would stay here again if I ever get the privilege of returning to Franklin, TN.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

It was such a pleasure to read your review about your recent stay. I thank you for the kind words and am so glad that you found your stay to be everything you had hoped for. I will share your kind words with all of the staff at the hotel. This is what we love to hear when our guests stay with us.

Thank you again and we hope that you will continue to choose our hotel first when you come to the Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs area.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the way to FL; the hotel had easy access to I-65 and many restaurants were in close proximity. The staff was friendly and accommodating; our room on the 5th floor was spacious. The only complaint I have is that we were given to 2 twin beds instead of 2 queen beds. Since we booked on hotels.com and found the price reduced we did not complain.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:

The most appreciative thing a manager can read or hear is that a guest had an amazing experience and all staff members were applying their skills to ensure a pleasurable guest experience. We thank you for the kind review but most importantly, the continued patronage.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked two rooms for my family on the 5th floor. My room (510) was very clean and quiet, with extremely comfortable beds and pillows, and a large flat-screen TV. The two gentlemen at the front desk were very friendly and social, and checked my family in quickly.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful, with a good selection of warm foods (eggs, sausage, biscuits) and cold juices, cereals, donuts, breads, and fruits.

Check-out was quick and easy with kindly front-desk staff. This hotel is located close to a nice area for dining and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms 508 and 510 were quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Hyatt Place Franklin/Cool Springs. We appreciate your review and are pleased that you had a very pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I like to start with the positive; most of the staff are very friendly and that's where it ends. We could not get a king bed and that's understandable however my husband and I could not sleep In the same bed because it was so small and we are on the smaller side. The rooms are very dated.
I was unable to get a coffee at 9:15 AM unless I paid for it because they shut down at 9:00 however I was able to get a coffee the day before at the same time. I have no problem with not serving breakfast past a certain hour BUT coffee? I informed the women that waited on me at the desk that we will not return because of a $4.00 cup of coffee and she could care less.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
SMicheels, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I’d like to sincerely apologize for your experience regarding the coffee station. Please feel confident that your concerns will be addressed with our front desk staff to assure others are not disappointed as you were. We serve Starbucks after breakfast hours, but certainly understand your frustration in having complimentary coffee available one morning and not the next.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.