“Nice break in a long trip”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Nice break in a long trip”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed here on the way to Cincinnati. Room was very comfortable, quiet and clean, but a strange layout. Easy access from and to I-65, and close to Galleria. Trip into downtown Franklin was a bit daunting, due to construction and signage issues. Staff was very friendly. Access to business center nice, and breakfast buffet was fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SMicheels, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding Hyatt Place Franklin/Cool Springs. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you had a very pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hamshire, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I will begin by saying that the staff of this hotel were exceptional. Every single person that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. They get an A+!

The room (first floor) was very comfortable for the extended stay we had. It was so nice to have a comfortable sitting area to read, relax and watch TV during the day, and the TV was a very nice sized LG flat screen. We really liked having the desk with all necessary ports (and free Hyatt Wi-Fi) to do business, but we also used this as a makeup area in the mornings. Located nearby is the coffee pot, sink and refrigerator.... definitely nice to have. A small microwave would've been a plus for our stay.

We had two double beds. The bed was a little firm for me, but probably perfect for others. I had to remember that I was in a hotel and not at home in my own bed, so it was perfectly acceptable. The pillows (and plenty of them!) were super comfortable down pillows. Great to lay down on at the end of the day. The bedding was very comfortable, as well. No complaints.

We felt like the bath was too cramped and, yes, a bit dated, but the water pressure made up for it. Great water pressure! Great, thick towels! It made up for the dated, tight quarters in the bathroom. The room had a blow dryer, iron and ironing board, which I really like to have available when I travel.

Each morning, there was a really good free breakfast offered. Hot breakfast sandwiches, some days there were pancakes, waffles or French toast. Oatmeal with all the toppings, a variety of pastries, bagels and toast, and delicious fresh fruit. Choices of coffee, milk, juices, etc. Some days we ate comfortably in the eating areas. Some mornings, we brought it to our room. The breakfast was a real bonus and it was far better than just the usual Continental breakfast.

Sadly, the swimming pool doesn't open until Memorial Day, but I would definitely recommend the hotel for comfort and would stay here again if I ever get the privilege of returning to Franklin, TN.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

It was such a pleasure to read your review about your recent stay. I thank you for the kind words and am so glad that you found your stay to be everything you had hoped for. I will share your kind words with all of the staff at the hotel. This is what we love to hear when our guests stay with us.

Thank you again and we hope that you will continue to choose our hotel first when you come to the Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the way to FL; the hotel had easy access to I-65 and many restaurants were in close proximity. The staff was friendly and accommodating; our room on the 5th floor was spacious. The only complaint I have is that we were given to 2 twin beds instead of 2 queen beds. Since we booked on hotels.com and found the price reduced we did not complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

The most appreciative thing a manager can read or hear is that a guest had an amazing experience and all staff members were applying their skills to ensure a pleasurable guest experience. We thank you for the kind review but most importantly, the continued patronage.

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I booked two rooms for my family on the 5th floor. My room (510) was very clean and quiet, with extremely comfortable beds and pillows, and a large flat-screen TV. The two gentlemen at the front desk were very friendly and social, and checked my family in quickly.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful, with a good selection of warm foods (eggs, sausage, biscuits) and cold juices, cereals, donuts, breads, and fruits.

Check-out was quick and easy with kindly front-desk staff. This hotel is located close to a nice area for dining and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms 508 and 510 were quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Hyatt Place Franklin/Cool Springs. We appreciate your review and are pleased that you had a very pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I like to start with the positive; most of the staff are very friendly and that's where it ends. We could not get a king bed and that's understandable however my husband and I could not sleep In the same bed because it was so small and we are on the smaller side. The rooms are very dated.
I was unable to get a coffee at 9:15 AM unless I paid for it because they shut down at 9:00 however I was able to get a coffee the day before at the same time. I have no problem with not serving breakfast past a certain hour BUT coffee? I informed the women that waited on me at the desk that we will not return because of a $4.00 cup of coffee and she could care less.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SMicheels, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I’d like to sincerely apologize for your experience regarding the coffee station. Please feel confident that your concerns will be addressed with our front desk staff to assure others are not disappointed as you were. We serve Starbucks after breakfast hours, but certainly understand your frustration in having complimentary coffee available one morning and not the next.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love Hyatt and love Franklin so I was excited to get to our hotel after driving 14 hours. When we got there our reservation was not correct and that caused some stress. We had specifically reserved adjoining rooms and they did not have that noted or available at check in. Eventually they fixed us up and got it all worked out and discounted our stay for the trouble. The room was as most Hyatt Place rooms are, however, it didn't feel as clean as is usually the case. The drinking glasses appeard dirty with smudges etc on them..( We never use them anyways, except to put jewelry in, etc..but would like them to be clean)..Also the mirror on the door had a bunch of smears all over it as well. We also used the sofa bed and it was pretty dirty inside with crumbs, plastic wrappers, etc.. I probably would not choose this hotel again as there are other options close by. The free breakfast was good, especially the skillets and french toast..and we enjoyed the free wifi....Probably if the cleanliness was up to par we would consider staying again, but I just don't like a dirty room. A little disappointed in this Hyatt experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bnsilly
SMicheels, General Manager at Hyatt Place Nashville/Franklin/Cool Springs, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please feel confident that your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the room with the housekeeping department. Our goal is to deliver a clean and comfortable room to all of our guests. I’m sorry that we disappointed you.

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I first want to say that our experience at this hotel was simply awesome. Angela was top notch, the rest of the staff was very attentive and polite. We were there staying for a Volleyball tournament and it was busy - very busy with a lot of teenage girls! The staff continuously cleaned the eating area (breakfast was busy) and asked if you needed anything.
The rooms are very large with nice furnishings, very nice flat screen TV's and was very clean. The food on-site is also very good and reasonable. We had a soup and salad combination and both of them were very tasteful. Overall I would recommend the Hyatt Place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family