“Would stay again”

Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Franklin
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I spent just one night at this location while traveling on business. My room was very clean and nicely appointed. The staff was quite helpful and friendly. As with most Marriott properties, I always feel they are overpriced but I have no complaints about this location and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor after your recent stay in the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs. We value your business and pleased you had an enjoyable stay. Would like to get some additional feedback from you on price/value. If you could reach out to me at 615-261-6101 or by email jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com., I would be grateful. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm a gold member at Marriott and Hilton. It is getting harder to pick Marriott over Hilton. The price of the Marriott was $18 more than the courtyard but I thought hey I get free breakfast at the full service Marriott so that will be worth it. I didn't realize there would be a $6 up charge per person to get the hot breakfast over the cold even though the menu price is only $3 higher. Should have stayed at the courtyard and saved mt $18 and gone to breakfast elsewhere or stayed at Hilton where they don't try to give you the minimum amount possible. Before Marriott started promoting this free weekend breakfast the hotels also provided the full breakfast but maybe not this location. It seems like Marriott wants to act like they want to reward gold members but they make a lot of exceptions. I'm funding it harder to not pick the Hilton over the Marriott. The hotel was okay, nothing great. The front desk staff and the buffet staff was super friendly so that was a plus.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott family of hotels as a Gold Elite Rewards guest and appreciate you taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. the Marriott weekend breakfast program for gold and platinum level guests includes a continental breakfast for 2. The food and beverage value at our hotel is $12 each or $24 for the room. Guests wanted to upgrade to the full hot breakfast buffet, including omeletes made to order, is an additional $3 per person. Glad you enjoyed our "super friendly" front desk and Lorraine's staff. If you have further questions or comments you can reach me at jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com or 615-533-5921.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was excited to book our room with a Marriott hotel as, I worked for Marriott Courtyard in the 90's. My grand-daughter, her friend and my daughter.. were to spend an enjoyable weekend .. just the girls.. for a pageant my grand-daughter was in. It was to say the least , a horrible experience! To start, we get to the room.. tv wasn't working , phone between the beds wasn't working .. (we were told to fix it ourselves) we ordered food to be brought to our room. My grand-daughter and her friend ordered pizza.. WARNING: The pizza had sooo much flour on it that they looked like they were eating a powdered doughnut. My daughter was questioned like she was cheating them out of a pizza and then paid CASH for the second one to be brought to the room and of course interrogated again.( after his incident: I was told that I didn't get charged for this, well dah.. after talking with my daughter this morning she reminded me she had paid cash to the gentleman waiter that brought it to the room and took the other partially eaten one back to the kitchen( the girls were ravished).. anyways I digress.. ) We decided to take the girls to the pool. We arrive to find 3 older children DIVE bombing others( adults & other children) in the pool, after worrying and wondering if someone was gonna have them behave (no adult supervision) We reported it.. of course the kids knew that this was happening and eventually stopped! Our room, for the money was ridiculously over priced! I could have stayed at the Embassy across the road gotten a better room for less money? (actually larger room sep/bedroom w/dishwasher,refrig,& micro) Oh, and I might add, we live only an hour or so away from the hotel , so staying wasn't a necessity !Always research...!! Well , we were asked by my daughter's coach to come and swim at their hotel(Embassy) sat nite, I have to say I was impressed! Where was our security , was soon crossing my mind?Our little room remained dirty all day on Saturday , she said they went to breakfast and came back to find their room spotless .. with the food tray and such from the nite before still there in our room (Sat from Fri nite).. now I'm wondering where is housekeeping? We had to call housekeeping to get the room cleaned?? well.. finally room was cleaned around 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon? (this was my job @ courtyard ,Hskp Sup.) they made the bed and picked up the tray of food?? So , by Sunday I had enough .. was told we were suppose to leave by noon.. no problem .. was a little confused, but I paid to stay till 6:00 , we cleaned most of the room(sat nite) and had a large garbage we placed outside the staff room in the hall ! Finally , this nite mare of a stay was gonna end!We were to be out of the room and at the final show for my grand-daughter.. while trying to get in line for the tickets w/my grand-daughter's friend.. I fell down 2 stairs and SEVERELY sprained my ankle..after what seemed like forever, A kind Gentlemen helped me up .. mind you, not but 100' from the front desk.. as I tried getting up.. I kept thinking this is gonna be all over soon .. just go and watch her walk the stage.. limping I did just that.. but by the time her show was half over.. my foot swelled SEVERELY.. no one from the hotel came and asked if I was alright? Well.. here we go with the best part!! READY for this.. during the pageant the girls had a part (5 min.s) to change clothes.. we were told that it was fine to bring items for the change and leave them in the dressing area just across the hall.. (of course you feel secure) doing this as instructed.. and My ankle swelling horrible .. We had left a bag ...w/ hair supplies, curling wand and A tiara..so I could go home and get my foot tended too! Well.. an hour later( the length of the trip home) we discovered the bag missing: When my daughter arrived home.. She CALLED IMMEDIATELY back to the Hotel .. where my daughter got the run around!! Yep... for 2 days!!! No one could find this bag or would return calls or even answer her questions.. I finally got to talk the Hotel Mgr. on Fri.?? We picked the bag up on wed. ?? NO tiara and today discovered no curling wand (which we had borrowed) Where is the security for this place?? where is the southern hospitality for this place.. ? Being told "sorry your unhappy "... is ridiculous!!

Room Tip: ALWAYS research where you are gonna stay... just because one Hotel doesn't meet your expectation...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie T
Jim K, General Manager at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you and thank you for reaching out to me directly after your stay so we could resolve your dissatisfaction during the National American Miss pageant at the Franklin Marriott. We look forward to seeing you next year. Thanks for being our guest. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Attending a funciton at this hotel; my husband and I stopped into their bar for a drink. For 2 drinks the tab was 17.00 then they hit us with a 25% "alcohol tax" and then expected a tip on top of that. When questioning the tax they stated that the "alcholol tax" rate is 25%. I asked every other hotel and restaurant; no one had heard of such a tax. I was not charged that anywhere else I went to while visiting the Franklin area. Frankly, I think it's thier way of getting double tipped and hoping no one will notice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Trina423

Thank you for being our guest in the Stirrup Cup lounge and posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Appreciate you stopping in on the way to your event in the Cool Springs Conference Center connected to the Franklin Marriott. Taxes on alcohol sales are determined by the state of Tennessee. Sales tax of 9.25% and a 15% alcohol tax is added to the price of liquor and wine. Sales tax of 9.25% is added to beer. These taxes are collected by the hotel and paid to the state. Gratuities to associates are determined by you our guest. I am sorry that your experience was not exceptional. If I can by of further assistance please do not hesitate to call me at 615-261-6101 or email jim.keller@franklinmarriott.com.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My company has several conference at this hotel. The room and staff are always top notch. Located to excellent shopping of Cool Springs Mall. 20-30 minutes downtown Nashville. This is known as the high rent district for many of your country music stars. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for being our guest at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs and posting feedback on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the postive comments on the staff and hotel. The team strives to be "Top notch" with each guest to exceed expectations and deliver a world class experience while in Franklin, TN. Please ask for me next time you are in town so I may meet you and thank you. Regards, Jim Keller General Manager

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Coming to Franklin, this hotel is one of the nicer ones in the area that caters to the business professional. It's very nice and upscale with a beautiful lobby, I was welcomed with a smile and the staff was very attentive to my needs. The hotel area was very safe and secure if you are traveling alone. I really liked the room and the bed was very comfortable. The concierge provided a nice selection of food and drinks along with a good breakfast each morning, the business office very convenient and provided basic office necessities. I would definitely say I would come back and stay here, it was that kind of place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for being our guest and providing feedback on Trip Advisor. Our staff works hard to make a great first impression as you enter the hotel lobby with a big friendly smile and take the time to be attentive to your needs. Glad you found the business center open 24 hours just off the lobby perfect for your needs. If you ever need additional assistance for copies, office supplies, etc. just see the front desk and they will be glad to help. Thank you for being our guest and hope to see you again soon. Jim Keller , General Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was another great Marriott hotel. The staff and front desk were all helpful. Our room was very well furnished and the bed comfortable. Bathroom nicely lit and a very large size. The hotel was quiet and not a lot of outside noise. The business center computers were very convenient. The gym was well equipped. The conference center was very nice.

Room Tip: The king bed in our room was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the 5 star rating! I appreciate you taking the time to critique your recent stay in our hotel on Trip Advisor. You touch on the areas of focus most important to our staff...friendly and helpful associates, a clean and comfortable room, and all the full serive emenities our guests desire from a full service Marriott hotel. Thank you for being our guest. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Jim Keller, General Manager, 615-261-6101