“Very nice”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
NC
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

We arrived a day early in Franklin so we stayed here our first night. Perfect, but what would you expect in a five star hotel!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank LakesideLayde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Hotlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed at this Marriott because my normal hotel another Marriott brand, was sold out. I am always impressed by the full service of a Marriott, and I was not disappointed at this one. I checked in, went to my room and took care of some business before heading out to grab a bite. I took a look at the menu, and due to the snow, decided to stay put and eat at the bar. The bartender took excellent care of me, and I had a nice conversation with him and his counterpart that was waiting tables. I had the shrimp and grits with BBQ pork, and it was awesome! I took a roadie to the room and crashed. I was awaken by room service, and had an excellent hot breakfast before finishing the rest of my work and heading back to Atlanta. Always great to have some full service attention every once in a while.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I attended a weekend conference at this hotel and was for the most part very impressed. It's a nice looking hotel and the front desk check in was quick and friendly. The open bar to the lobby can be a little noisy, but wasn't bad. The room was very nice, the bed was very comfortable and I'm hard to please on beds. There was only one thing in the bathroom there was some mold underneath the spout. If you only take showers you'd never notice it, but I take baths to relax. Ate most meals in the dining room. The food was pretty good, but service was very slow for lunch and dinner even when only a few people in it. It seemed the cook staff was what held things up. The buffet breakfast choices were very good, though a bit pricey. The food was hot and it was good. Made getting a fast breakfast easy. I decided to stay somewhere closer to the airport when leaving and wished I had stayed here one more night as it was much better. One night I used the shuttle to go to a restaurant for dinner get something different. The driver was very nice and gave me info on the area, picked me up quickly when I was done. The shuttle was free which was nice. Would definately come back and recommend! One of the best stays in a hotel I've had in years, even better than at a Hilton.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

This hotel is excellent with top notch service to their customers. We were passing through and found this hotel to be one that we will remember - excellent staff, comfortable beds, enjoyable food, and convenience to shopping accomplished all that we needed during our stay. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2010

I don't know where to begin. I believe her name was Tamara. This front desk lady argued and argued about their "sorry" shuttle service. Chico dropped us off at a location and when we called to get picked up, we were told 15 minutes. Let me remind you, this was a 2 day getaway with my sisters & mother. Our time was very limited, of course. (I spent $700.00 on a plane ticket just to be with them.) We waited 1 1/2 hrs. called back and they told us there was a "corporate company" they HAD to pick up and drop off that's why they were behind. Then we were told it would be 20 more minutes. We had to call again. When we finally got picked up, the shuttle driver, I believe it was Josh, was on speaker with the office. He told them it would be 20 minutes, they said they already told them 15min, he needs to hurry. They weren't calling them back. HMMM, I BET THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO US ALSO.
Then, when confronting the desk clerk, she just defended the driver, instead of trying to apologize for ruining our night, she wanted to argue.
That's fine. I will NEVER stay there again, or will my family. That was a lot of valuable time we wasted, sitting on a park bench waiting for a ride, they promised. ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS!
She tried to blame it on some corporate people that HAD to be picked up and dropped off and they were running late. I don't care! Don't tell me you'll be there! It was that simple. We even asked if we should get a cab. "No, No, their on their way." And just because they're a corporate company doesn't mean everybody else has to suffer. We just couldn't believe this was happening. OUR TOTAL TIME WASTED WAITING ON THE MARRIOTT SHUTTLE SERVICE THAT PROMISED US AND PROMISED US THEY WOULD BE T HERE WAS OVER 2 HOURS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST TAKING A SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE MARRIOTT OR STAYING THERE, FOR THAT MATTER!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

My son and I stayed at the Marriott for a soccer tournament. We arrived prior to check in time in hopes that our room would be ready. Unfortunately the room that we booked was not yet cleaned so we were given an up grade and a free in room movie! They could have easliy told us that check in time is not untill 4pm but they went above and beyond by allowing us to check in and upgrading us! Very comfortable bed, everything ws clean and bright. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

Three night stay for an onsite conference and offsite business meetings. Service was friendly and staff was very accomodating. Rooms were very nicely appointed, as I would have expected from this class of business hotel. My only small complaint was that the lobby and bar always seemed a bit noisy. But overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel for those with business in the area.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business