“Not sure how we wound up with a handicapped room...”

Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs)
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Franklin
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Not sure how we wound up with a handicapped room...”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

First, despite the following comments about the bathroom, this is a very nice hotel. We stayed here previously during the "Great Flood of Nashville" when we became trapped at Cool Springs Mall when our car and the parking lot went literally underwater. The staff was great then as now. Now on to the review...

We booked this stay on Priceline. We were only spending one night and then we were traveling on. We went to check in and were given a handicapped room. They said it was the only room left. We are not handicapped. That being said, the room was fine. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice. I really don't like the duvet cover bed linens. There was a pre-printed post it note on the headboard that said the duvet covers are changed after each guest. It's just my preference, but I don't care for the duvet coverlets.

The bathroom was a whole different story. The bathroom was obviously handicapped accessible. This was not a problem in and of itself. The toilet was leaking from underneath somewhere because when I went to the bathroom at night, I stepped in water. We did not shower until the morning so the water was not from the shower and the water was trailing from the base of the toilet.

The next morning we took a shower. The shower was walk-in with a shower curtain and adjustable water pic like shower head. The shower did not drain fast enough so the floor flooded and we had to put all the towels down to sop it up. Fortunately we were on the first floor.

Don't get me wrong. The hotel is nice. The breakfast bar was very good. The staff was some of the friendliest I have encountered. But to get a handicapped room when you aren't handicapped and didn't request one, puzzled us. I would hate to think someone in a wheelchair would have to deal with a shower overflow like we had. There are no sides to the shower so a wheelchair could roll in I assume and that's why when the shower did not drain fast enough, all the water went to the center of the bathroom.

If we were staying more than one night we would have requested another room.

Would I stay at this hotel again. DEFINITELY. That is why I gave it a "very good" rating. It is a nice hotel. Good food, great staff, good night's sleep. I just was unhappy with the bathroom.

1 Thank BudNLily
David B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs), responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I'm sorry I do not have an answer as to why you were in the handicapped room and it is upsetting to me that you were not satisfied with your stay on our property. I would like to remind you that we do offer the 100% Hampton Inn Guarantee, if you will contact me I will gladly explain the guarantee in detail and assist you in a future stay here with us.

615-771-7225
david.brawner@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hayward, United States
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Hampton is first class in my book. Everything was excellent from the staff, comfort of the bed to breakfast in the morning. We are from California and our family was here for our son's wedding. We enjoyed our stay very much. The Hampton staff was so helpful that it took all the jitters away that an out-of-town wedding can muster. An awesome place to stay!

Colbert, Ga., United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was very good. We had no issues on this stay or the location. Location is near a Shopping Center. Road into and out of the Hotel was easy to navigate. Hotel is pleasing to the eye, landscape is in good repair.

Columbus, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

3 business stays at this hotel and all have been excellent. The service and cleanliness are exceptional. The complimentary breakfast never disappoints. The price is always well within my budget. I travel a few times a year for work and any occasion when visiting Franklin, TN, I will always select the Hampton Inn and Suites. I highly recommend. I would bring my family if the opportunity arose as well because they have a great pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Ms. Amy, Thank you for responding to our Trip Advisor review. It is always an honor to serve our business guest each week. We thrive to make everyone feel at home and part of our family. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please contact me at david.brawner@hilton.com or 615-771-7225

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The manager treated us like family. The Wednesday night happy hour was quite welcome after a long day on the road with two special needs kids. Granite counter tops. Tuscan-style tiled floors in the entry way and bathroom. They have breakfast-to-go bags for the busy traveler who can't stay for the free breakfast. And an outdoor pool if you have time to hang out a bit. LOOK for COUPONS at the Welcome Centers if you're driving. It saved us $50. But even without the coupon, it's worth it to have such a relaxing atmosphere and a luxury room. At a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville, Franklin/Cool Springs. We thrive to meet each guest needs and to make them feel at home and part of our family, I am glad that you received such a feeling while you were here.
Also want to thank you for your time and giving us a review on Trip Advisor. If I can be of any assistance to you please contact me at david.brawner@hilton.com or 615-771-7225.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Chose this hotel due to its location near Franklin, TN. It is also adjacent to a large mall which is nice for shoppers. It is also easy to get to off I-65. Always get a good night's sleep on a Hampton Inn bed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your survey on Trip Advisor, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any assistance to you for a future stay please contact me.

David Brawner
615-771-7225
david.brawner@hilton.com
Hampshire, United States
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Excellent staff. They are very helpful, friendly and attentive. They went out of their way to ensure we had what we needed. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for value and for cleanliness and friendliness. Every staff member would say Hi when I would pass them and would ask if everything was ok and if we needed anything. Very impressive!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GuestSatisfactionSup, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville Franklin (Cool Springs), responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for you review on Trip Advisor. It is always a honor to serve our guest and make them feel at home, as part of our family. If I can be of service to you in the future please contact me 615-771-7225 or allison.briggs@hilton.com

Allison Briggs, AGM